• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Postby Kitch1982 » June 29th, 2015, 10:06 am

I will play but I'm guessing we need more than just me! :(
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » June 29th, 2015, 7:19 pm

:)

At least one more yea. Two heroes each is fine. Three hero players isn't much better than two but it would work because one can be a shared hero. Four's obviously best. I'm still hoping Sotiris comes back.

I've broken the event rules up into alternative versions: simple, basic, standard and advanced so the players can decide which one they want to use. The simple version is just the chance of activating a room before opening the door, basic is standard table without the rare events, standard is the one I described and advanced just makes rare events more likely (there's still more than enough to make each one rare) and room activations less likely by switching them round. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3031&p=57278#p57278

I get the impression it was the dice rolling that put them off, because they didn't know how it worked and they thought I wasn't in control at all of the level of difficulty and the amount of monsters. They wouldn't have felt that way if they new what those dice rolls were for, but I didn't want to give anything away. I think if I'd rolled the dice myself and not used the board it would have been fine. Also long quests seem much longer in p-b-p. Because of the amount of time that had passed since the quest was started I think it was hard to associate the earlier parts with where it finished. I was hoping the quest would be finished before I went away so it wouldn't have been as much of a problem. I'm definitely going to bare these in mind for future quests but it's a shame because these wouldn't have issues at all in the next quest.

I need a bit of a break from it anyway after that. I'll probably restart the campaign from scratch but use the third quest as the first one so the sixteen starting heroes are reintroduced for the players to chose from and open a new topic for it. I probably should have done that to start with.

I'll let you know.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kitch1982 » June 30th, 2015, 2:53 am

Yes im in
Kitch1982