• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Monday Night Dungeon

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Monday Night Dungeon

Postby ndsandman » Monday August 9th, 2010 8:29pm

So it's 7:16pm or 1916 on Monday August 9th 2010. Just inventoried Hero Quest: 100% complete in box #1, game set up and my two boys are about to lose their Hero Quest Virginity. Oldest is 11 years old and youngest is about to turn 9 years old. I am more excited then them right now. LOL

Then while inventory was taken place with box one, I opened box 2 and 3 to see what I stored away all these years, and oh, my Goddess I have Kellar's Keep, Wizards of Morcar,Return of the Witch Lord and Against the Orge Horde Quest books, and zip lock bags with special tiles from different books. I also have extra treasure cards, men at arms cards etc...

So I will have to, when tonights game is over, start a new inventory project. Now back to the game. I just had to post this somewhere about tonights game, i hope i chose the correct forum to post this, if not I will be the first to say I'm sorry.

A Proud Father, A Proud Gamer

Edit follows below:
Ok so the night went well, even though they lost 50% of their party, walked away with 25gold each, due to treasure pooling, a ways to go to learn game board strategy, tomorrow we start a new adventure. As for playing, do some of you use "house rules", I remember playing when you attacked monsters in the hallway, you shook against the "evil wizard player" to see if treasure was dropped on a six sided dice, you just needed to beat him one higher. But if he rolled a 1 and player character got a 6 then it was a special drop for an equipment card. Thus I did not use "house rules" tonight. Tomorrow we will be using magic cards, and all stop removed. The trail quest was just to get them interested, and that worked. :) I think mom will even join in some nights to lend a little helping whisper here and there. Well back to the new inventory at hand, well after reading new posts that have been posted....
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Monday Night Dungeon

Postby joec » Tuesday August 10th, 2010 12:36pm

Awesome. Keep us updated!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Tuesday August 10th, 2010 9:14pm

Even add digital pix when possible!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ndsandman » Wednesday August 11th, 2010 8:36pm

Ok inventory done.... some what lol and two more quest under my kids belts.

It seems in my life, and in gaming, I have been under the 50-50-90 rule.
That is if i have a 50/50 % chance of going or doing the right thing 90% of the time I go the wrong way. But in gaming my boys so far have blown me away. I have the heroquest game locked away in my filing cabnet, so i know they don't have access to any of the printed material. Yet when they walk up to a T-Intersection they walk right towards the missions objective everytime. In 3 quest this has happened that my youngest, playing Dun a Dwarf Character leads the way, and is treasure hungry as a Dwarf should be. The Rescue of Sir Ragnar, The dwarf ran South others went East and West, then after combat joined him down South. In Liar of the Orc Warlord, 3 went West and yes you guessed it the Dwarf went East.

Now they like to argue with each other as brothers do in real life, and it also has enter the gaming field. So when the forth character has made their move, I roll a 6 sided die and if I roll a 6, random moster appears. Everytime its the mosters turn to attack, again I roll a 6 sided die, for more random monsters. This keeps them moving faster to get done, and finish the quest. Its the only house ruul I am using at the time.

I might have my youngest buy lottery tickets, lol, only if that where legal, with his Dwarf sence of going for the gold.

As for inventory 2 full sets and almost a complete 3rd no figures. Also Have all tiles for Advance Heroquest (no box or minatures).
As for the quest expansions boxes and tiles and cards only. :( no figures, but i can always buy them a little cheaper then the full box.
I also own the factory seal boxes of Morcars Magier and Against the Orge Horde. German edition, both of them. Saw on boardgamegeek, offering big money for both of them, just I am just to much of a fan to sell. I know ... I will give them to my boys to sell to pay for college. LOL the way its going it will or could get that crazy.
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Thursday August 12th, 2010 5:56pm

So - was your wife into HQ when she was young, also - or did she just "go along with it" when you wanted
your sons to play.
My wife totally hates anything D&D or role-playing game related - I have a 11 month old right now, and hope
one day to get him into gaming. Just don't know how to get around the wife. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Thursday August 12th, 2010 9:37pm

Invite his friends over and be the nerdy father.

as for sandman - he should change around the maps so the kids are utterly thrown.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ndsandman » Thursday August 12th, 2010 10:14pm

My wife had played some DnD in college and some other roleplaying games. So she understands the basic of how to play any game, after learning a few new rules. My youngest is in 3rd grade, hes not getting into the books and understanding and remembering the map layout, but yea i will try the total map change, well when I start making my own, things will be a little mixed up too. no real hard copies till i print them out and use them that day.

Well today did not fair well for the adventurers at all. Once again 50% of the party died, the wizard and elf characters waited to long to cast healing spells and/or other characters did not share healing potions to characters almost dead. Thus Price Magnus' Gold was not retrieved, this time. The spell casters are having troubles understanding to cast spells through out the dungeon, not just at the boss area.

Now as I was flipping back and forth looking through the quest book I noticed, the book used the first night, first quest was titled: The Trial, and in the book I grabbed today, first quest in titled: The Maze. And the two quests are totally different from each other. Think the trial had twice the amount encounters to deal with. I will have to scan and upload, one or the other if they are not here already. Plus I will have to check to see if any others are not the same. Just got back checking books and other that the first quest they are the same. On the back cover, under the address for Milton Bradley, book one had 4271GB(489) in a font size 1/2 the size of the 4271GB. and on the second book the small number was (490). hmmmmm mystery solved, or did I just scratch the top of it. So where did 489 and 490 get released too. One UK other North America?
hmmm.
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday August 12th, 2010 11:25pm

Both those books were released in the UK. The GB in the code is for Great Britain. 489, the one with the Maze, was the first edition book released in 1989 (see the 89?). 490 was the edition released from 1990 onward (see the 90?) containing the Trial.If you want the North American book, check here. There are more differences between the UK and NA books.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!