• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

EL FLESH

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: EL FLESH

Postby joec » October 18th, 2010, 12:27 pm

Beernut wrote:For those who want to use that modular...its made by wizards of the coast...it costs 26 CANADIAN dollars (tax included) and it does have a crapload of tiles (what you saw in our game is just a fraction of the tile content...A VERY GREAT DEAL FOR THE PRICE).

What's the product called?!?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby el_flesh » October 18th, 2010, 1:04 pm

I'll have to ask Beernut the next time I see him - but, if you want it NOW I'm sure an online search at game shops would find you this...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » November 7th, 2010, 3:44 pm

WOOHOOO! After about a month we were ready for another game finally! Was fun when my bro was in town - reviewed grappling techniques. Boy there are some internet morons from Old Scratch I would love to put the grip on and listen to them squeal like stuck pigs.

Anyhoot, our DM (who is a better grappler than I) went out and grappled a good price for some new characters! There's so many figs now...
Oh. I just can't wait for the Giant.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nor could we wait for the drinx. The game's only starting and I already have an "Orion Slave Girl" and a Rickard's.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

---SPOILER ALERT!---

Don't read if you haven't played the Witch Lord expansion yet!!!

For the past few weeks Korisu Yamato was drunk.
Ninja Singh pulled a muscle in the last adventure. Georgeous Gorge pulled his Groin. Boxcutter Steve is driving the Caravan.
We finally get enough coffee into Korisu to get him somewhat coherent. He staggers into the maze behind Zebs...

The eager batards take on a mummy while I'm out of range. But they fail to kill him. The mummy fails to freeze Korisu.

No secret doors are found so far. But a wierd thing happens when the mummy dies - a door vanishes with him!

I have raised my first skel...

We realize that every mummy death takes away a door, and we have to roll a secret door that wasn't there (= high rolls!) to get in!

Zebs punches the wall to see if he can't break open some door mechanism. His roll of 3 dice all come up skulls - so he hurts himself (the DM Beernut says,) but it does no damage to his hand...

Meanwhile, my ghost is investigating what there is thru the walls!

For some reason, Zebs still had a headache or something. He yelled at Flesh (from another room) not to kill any monsters, but my skeletons didn't listen!

They cannot get in. It is Dark. They cannot get in.

Meanwhile, my ghost works on a skeleton it found in the hall...

Success! It is killed and becomes a ghost under my control as well!

The ghosts check around...finding...!!!
Meanwhile some secret doors are being eventually rolled.

Zebs comes into the room, goes temporarily INSANE and belts me for one damage! I have one body point left...
but with a bunch of my minions in the room, he doesn't notice them placing themselves around him...

now he will pay for his temper...

BUT FIRST, A WORD FROM OUR SPONSER.
ARE YOU FEELING HUNGRY? NO? THEN JUST PLAIN SWEET TOOTHED? TRY GILL(TY)'S APPLE CAKE AND ICE CREAM
Which she dropped in front of us, taking us by suprise. As the noose tightened on Zebs...

My Red skel hit him full attack and managed 2 damage - which was blocked. Then the next skeleton under my command attacked - 6 skulls and ZERO defense from Zebs. He soon learned not to take on a small army!

My skeletons mooned him with their bony butts after he apologized for his insane behavior.
Said the DM "This is Role Playing GOLD!"

Our rolls are crap. Eventually, he GIVES us the secret door where it logically has to be located.
Zebs runs off in the other direction to search for treasures secret doors, etc. He asks Korisu
"Wanna come help me?"
"You're basically a BLIND person. Like I want to help a blind person search? 'Oh I found something' "Ya. It's a ROCK. Like the density of your Brain!'"

All the while Korisu hears some noise down the hall.

The zombie runs flailing its arms about, then jumps on the red skel - full defense roll lets the red skel counter - he tosses it over his back and into the wall for 2 dmg.

We run by these creatures - we don't want to make even more doors vanish!

After killing the last mummy, the doors that had vanished reappear! (Beernut our DM, said that the original plan for this quest was dopey - if you didn't do things exactly as the instructions...instructed, then you were screwed for the quest! So he put in alot of secret doors, if we got the rolls. One door he HAD to put in, or else the quest would be over forevermore and the treasure unfound.)

Korisu has found:
Silk cape of Movements +2 action, value 1252Ag
Wand of Fire 2 charges/adventure check vs 20 full def; 3 dmg per shot; value 2500Ag (think I'm selling it for training).
12" Cu statue; value 4Au. The eyes and ears are gems, however, each ONE worth 100Au.

I search and find:
Visage of the Wizard; enemies have -3 checks/spell (useless to a pure summoner - unless my mummies/ghosts get the same benefit?) value 2500 Ag.
I also find some cash: 130Cu, 90Ag, 140Au!

Zebs pulls the lever and a door appears. We go down the hall.

Korisu finds "The Emo Giant", who is "Still pissed from being ridiculed in high school, and still wearing the same emo pants." Korisu is also still demanding that Zebs explains what the Devonian Period was. (Kid claims to like dinosaurs, yet still doesn't know the significance of 'Cretaceous'.)

Gold skel is in Korisu's way, so he wants Zebs to kill it. I turn and give him permission, since it isn't my turn I can't unsummon him. But this is a skeleton, and they can be as difficult to control as my big-chested Oirish Woife. A roll of 1 or 2 fails in my control to make the gold not defend. I fail the roll with a 2. Gold skel makes enough defense that the two damage leak through brings him to ONE body point left.

So Korisu has to waste minor actions to kill it, I manage to make the roll to stop the skel from defending, (which is now alot harder as it was already attacked,) and it is killed - giving me the body point.
I raise another in a better location and attack the EMO.

Korisu attacks the emo; SIX skulls hit him and he is still up! Emo is finally killed on the last actions possible of Korisu!

Pintok the Gargoyls is a hard kill. He knocks me down with just enough hits to render me to ZERO body points.
It causes my four skeletons to collapse, giving me one body point each. I am back up with half my life.

Skel opens the door to the next room. The Fimirs in it are all doing the 'YMCA' song - we can hear from out the hall. (very good when your DM drinks during the game. We were 5.5 hours into it...) So they fail to detect the skeleton. I am all for rushing in, but Korisu would rather dig out the next door. Which we do.

We find a rather nasty demon dog in there. Lucky there weren't also 'Resident Evil' dogs.

Kills my skel in one swipe, who hardly dented it.

Zebs takes off his lower jaw. It grows back after one turn! Zebs next attack chips a tooth.

Korisu sword goes thru its eye.

El Flesh delivers the Coup de Grace - using the magic staff from the first ever quest, that is now beefed up to seven attack dice! Guess where I shove the staff? Boom! boff. Will have to get a cleaning service for that...

Just when we need it, Zebs makes a double six roll on the chest search! Then he gets a % die to give him 25Ag, 97% roll! gives him a STACK of FIFTY throwing stars, that have range of +5 and +1 attack!!!! It's worth thousands, but Ninja Singh will have an early XXXmas for that!!!
potion of magica: restores D6 Spell Allowance Points
Superior potion of healing: restores SIX body points
Potion of Regeneration: heal D3 body/turn for SIX turns! Great for a future battle from hell! Like against a Dragon or something...

Yes, that is Johnny Walker. in a comic cow glass. Also the forearm of Korisu, which is very adept at choke holds, etc.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

knock knock

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flesh and Korisu both fall to 6 dmg fire, but drinking heal as his flesh burns away, Flesh is up again!(for the THIRD time this adventure!)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

After fighting, Flesh once again gives the Coup de Grace on the Fimir wizard.

134 XP each, plus mondo treasure!
Flesh goes to level 10 - 1 extra body point (very useful for a summoner!) and one extra Attribute Point! It will go to HELLRAISER most likely.

I actually had to do alot of fighting in this with my magic staff. Takes two action points to switch it over, too.
Last edited by el_flesh on May 23rd, 2011, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 7th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Great action there, Flesh. Good to see your man with the green woolly jumper in the thick of it. (I have to ask, Did his "Mummy" knit it for him?) Thats a good looking healing potion there, could do with one like that myself, at times. :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » November 7th, 2010, 8:08 pm

heh - Beernut made the observation that Zebs the half-Orc is one of the smaller guys in the first pic - and HE is 8' tall!!!

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 10th, 2010, 3:53 am

Here is a little known recipe to try out on your friends, at your next Saturday Night Soiree. Not sure how it will go down with the sippin' whisky they favour. Me, I would go for a bottle of Red from the Paul Masson Californian Winery.
Gentlemans Relish
Ingredients.
150gr butter, 2 blades mace, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, 1 pinch grated nutmeg, 1 tin anchovy fillets, drained & roughly mashed
Method
1.Put the butter, mace, cayenne pepper and a little grated nutmeg into a medium-sized pan and melt over a gentle heat.
2. Add the anchovies and stir for a couple of minutes until they have melted, but don't let the mixture boil.
3. Fish out the blades of mace and pour the relish into a ramekin. Put in the fridge to set.
4. Serve spread thinly on hot slices of toast.
Enjoy!! :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » November 14th, 2010, 4:57 pm

MOAR FUN!!!

Setup, as usual, is quite a joy. We start with a drink to relax ourselves after a good afternoon of grappling. Half of thos vegbles would disappear before the DM even arrived from the market. Rely on ol' Flesh to get the rum, Sunshine to get the lime juice, and Gill(ty) to mix the drinx. STRONG! Maybe a little too strong, as I was to find out later...

By the time Korisu, Georgeous and Beernut arrived, the party was pretty much rocking. It didn't take long for Korisu to get going...

He even had spilled Oirish Coffee on his paper...Beernut was going to redo the paper for him, but he prefers it with spilled O-shu on it.

Georgeous Gorge has undergone a makeover...must have spent his extra gold on weapons and gym training while he was away.

MOAR drinx! MOAR fun!

Korisu hax around while we're setting up.

The peddlar came back from town with some fresh supplies. Odd how the king of the realm wants us to save his ass, yet he doesn't supply us with free materials and goods.

So we penetrate into the new maze. Ninja Singh (who also had a makeover) notices that the skeletons don't even move!...but he is hidden. And with FIFTY stars now - he can also throw them three at a time. He makes a 4 skull roll.

Which will work out good for me...

Then he searches for secret doors - but his rolls do not find anything!

"Jennifer Lopez" (what Korisu calls skel #1) attax him, fails of course, and "Jennifer Anniston" attax after. It winds up being a big traffic jam. It's a good thing the team divided naturally right away. We get the maze finished faster this way. It is indeed claustrophobic.

We all run down the far side. I am last in line with my 2 skels trotting along.

A little more traffic.

Korisu runs into the room, laughing at the traps.

The mummys just stand there, motionless. Ninja tries to knock Flesh out of the way, only he fails in his body check roll vs mine. So he's stuck in that back room.

I move in and attack the mummys.

Sunshine goes to help Ninja.

Georgeous is rushing to help Ninja too. Meanwhile we have taken out the 2 mummys on our side!

Wu-oh there's more!

Sunshine's arrows wipe out the 2 skels.

More mummys!

Fight fully engaged now!

SUDDENLY Gill(ty) ATTAX!

yummy, yummy attack...

Now Ninja is paralyzed too!

Oh crap! Resident EEEEvil dogs!

They jump Georgeous who's specialty is defense...and with his amazing shield and armor, they cannot get in on him! They would tear someone like, oh, Sunshine to take a name entirely at random, into little strips of...flesh...

We have found something in the back room. And I am out of summons!

From the other side of the board - the resident eeevil dogs are being whittled down steadily...We have penetrated the back room on our side...Destroyed the Chaos Armors easily, raised them into skels...

But we find the actual Chaos Knight a litttttle more difficult to handle!

They are facing the lighting fast claws of the Renderer on the other side of the maze!

Sunshine kills the Renderer with four multi-shot talent arrows. But Georgeous is down to TWO body points!

And he gets into a meat tree!
Sorry, I meant to say a HamBush!

We finally kill that dam Chaos Knight it took Zebs Zerx out on him...and find one wicked trap that Korisu fails to disarm! He suffers one dmg.

Georgeous backs down the hall so his defense can work better...Sunshine is in the hall. Ninja auto FAILS his search of the cabinet with snake eyes, and finds only old dry bones inside. They don't even interest ME.

Ninjafinds the trap can only be disarmed by him if he rolls an 11 or 12!!! I say "To HELL with that!" and jump over. The trap KILLS me. I fall to the ground, my skeletons collapsing in a pile of bones, their life energy released! Which I suck right up, returning me to one body point, and I rise again! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Meanwhile, Korisu has run so far ahead, chasing the cowardly skeleton that was left, screaming "a BABY who takes it non-stop!!!". He pursues it into the room and SLAMS the door behind him!

He is not alone for long. But the Gargoyle seems unmoving.

Zebs is so chicken *lemony goodness* he stays in the hall, peeking thru the door.

...But once the last adventurer comes inside the door melts into wall! Korisudashes ahead with disatrous results! He gets up and rushes again and springs a second one!

Ninja's search finds the traps! Georgeoustakes rocks and throws them at the statue. They do nothing but bounce off. On my turn I raise red skel out of the body of the skeleton they'd just killed.

But my red skel is killed springing two more detonation traps. Thinking it takes all traps to wake the Gargoyle, we fail to realize he hadn't had a turn yet. He shakes off the layer of stone and attacks us!

With 2 autodefense to start with, we have a hard time - he only gets a little harm, bit by bit...Zebs just scratches him! Korisu makes a Kiai attack and FIVE hits cause minor damage! I just scratch him with my battle magic staff (artifact from the first ever adventure!) Sunshine gets minor damage on 5 skulls! Ninja pulls out all the stops and makes a double blade attack : 4 skulls and -3 defense and 3 skulls with -2 defense! This is a badass boss!

But we triumph finally!

AND FIND OURSELVES IN DARK VOID!!
Last edited by el_flesh on October 6th, 2013, 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: language censors added for those with the censor turned on

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 15th, 2010, 3:51 am

Some fast action there, Flesh, made me feel faint just scrollin' down your pictures. Good to see my Action Hero Zebs in the thick of it. Does he get his woolys from the same store as Wallace, of W & Grommet fame? Is that some new Healing Potion that your crew were drinking? only needs a Glace' Cherry to top them off. Keep up the great work! makes my day! :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 20th, 2010, 8:03 am

Puck is here, doing some Monster Painting. Just showing him your pictures!! He wants to know if he can swop you a Marmite Sandwich for your jar of Peanuts??

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » November 20th, 2010, 10:06 am

The answer would be :

"BAAAARRRRFFFFFFF!!!!!" (drip...drip) um...maybe not?

Will take pix of today's game just a few hours away...

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!