• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Questing in the USA!

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: Questing in the USA!

Postby knightkrawler » July 5th, 2016, 5:57 pm

You da man, dude... |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » September 1st, 2016, 10:25 am

30mm from the 22.5mm squares of the original board?

30/22.5*100 = 133.3(r)%

Thus, print at 133.34% of the original size.

Alternatively, take my 40mm resized versions from my web site and print them at 75%.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 1st, 2016, 2:34 pm

I added the comic filter to the board, which is super good fitting to Heroquest artwork and removes those print failures that are everywhere, and added some luminosity noise afterwards to enhance the "stone" effect. Now it looks as if it had super high resolution. Sadly the print was going wrong.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » September 1st, 2016, 3:23 pm

Got em done and printed already, thanks. There's a link on the previous page.

It was pretty easy using gimp. It has the grid on the edges that can be set to mm's. Resized by hand. Paid no attention to bleed or whatever it's called. Not sure if I want to affix them (currently on card stock) to chip board or polystyrene sheets (plasticard).
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 1st, 2016, 3:30 pm

slev wrote:30mm from the 22.5mm squares of the original board?

30/22.5*100 = 133.3(r)%

Alternatively, take my 40mm resized versions from my web site and print them at 75%.

Good you mention that. The links to these tiles on your site are dead or you didn't make them available or something.
Can't download cuz they can't be found.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » September 2nd, 2016, 6:30 am

knightkrawler wrote:
slev wrote:30mm from the 22.5mm squares of the original board?

30/22.5*100 = 133.3(r)%

Good you mention that. The links to these tiles on your site are dead or you didn't make them available or something.
Can't download cuz they can't be found.

OK, I'll look to get on that over the weekend!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » March 5th, 2017, 2:08 pm

When using a plus size board the furniture doesn't take up as much space as it is meant to in the Quest Maps. Once I've painted my Twisting Catacombs set I will do this right, but for now I've slapped together a playable version. Here is an example.

I have different kinds of textured card for the floor in varying thicknesses to experiment with for the final product, but I have extra of these brick and cobblestone ones, so I used them. Got them at the model railroad shop.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!