• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A too long quest...

Discuss the Dark Company Advanced Quest from the Advanced/Master Game Systems

Re: A too long quest...

Postby The Admiral » June 7th, 2016, 7:26 am

I really want to try this again with NA rules. Give my brother a shot at it with his new Barbarian (Saracen) as it still rankles him that he never completed it. I Would like to do it with all four boards rather than changing boards all the time. I will also have to rethink the 'defend all with black shields ' rule. Fine with 1BP, but deadly v 2 or 3. I think I will just give the Dark/Chaos warriors an extra BP each.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Count Mohawk » June 7th, 2016, 9:30 am

The Admiral wrote:I will also have to rethink the 'defend all with black shields ' rule. Fine with 1BP, but deadly v 2 or 3. I think I will just give the Dark/Chaos warriors an extra BP each.

So you're suggesting that the Dark Warriors would have normal Henchman stats but 3 BP each, and that the Doomguard would have 5 Defend / 4 BP?
...According to my back-of-the-envelope calculation estimates, doing it this way would reduce the difficulty of the Quest by about 15-20%, however you choose to interpret that figure. (I used the QSC)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 7th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:
The Admiral wrote:I will also have to rethink the 'defend all with black shields ' rule. Fine with 1BP, but deadly v 2 or 3. I think I will just give the Dark/Chaos warriors an extra BP each.

So you're suggesting that the Dark Warriors would have normal Henchman stats but 3 BP each, and that the Doomguard would have 5 Defend / 4 BP?
...According to my back-of-the-envelope calculation estimates, doing it this way would reduce the difficulty of the Quest by about 15-20%, however you choose to interpret that figure. (I used the QSC)

Yep, they would be the stats I use. I'm okay with that being slightly easier. It is a long and difficult quest and we would be using Evil Wizard cards which makes it a lot harder.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 9th, 2018, 8:19 pm

please make a report of the game after you will play it!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » June 9th, 2019, 4:17 pm

By the time my Heroes make it to this quest series, they should be pretty powerful (using my upgrade system), so I may just play with NA rules as is, including the 1 black shields defense rule (but I will NOT be giving them blue dice to use when rolling!).

Kurgan wrote:... using the special Spielwarensaloon German colored dice (black dice with four skulls and one less white shield; green dice with one extra white shield and one less skull; blue dice with one extra black shield and one less white shield) as well as Sjeng's "Potions" custom deck from the Inn (link).

Upgrades:

Barbarian: Substitute 3 Black Dice with any Sword or Ax when attacking, draw 1 Random Combat potion (cards taken from Potion Deck)
Dwarf: Auto disarm traps, Substitute 2 Black Dice any Ax or Hammer when attacking
Elf: 2 random Spell Scroll draws per quest
Wizard: Summon Elemental ability (cost: 3 unused Spell/Spell Scroll cards of one element type), substitute 2 Black Dice with Wizard's Staff, substitute 1 Green Die with Wizard's Cloak

Monster Upgrades:

All "standard" monsters (not including Dark Warriors, Doom Guard, boss monsters or Wandering Monsters) when they appear have a chance to be "Elite." Zargon rolls 1 Blue Die. If it's a black shield, that monster is designated "Elite" meaning it will roll all Black Dice in attack, and all Blue Dice in defense. When defending against magic attacks, Monsters use standard dice.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous