• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ring of Brilliance - Dark Company Advanced Quest

Discuss the Dark Company Advanced Quest from the Advanced/Master Game Systems

Re: Ring of Brilliance - Dark Company Advanced Quest

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 10:13 pm

That is the first RPG mutiny story I've ever heard. Did the guy take the hint?

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday January 16th, 2008 05:40pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:13 pm

He never played again. Although that may be due to the fact that I never invited him to play again.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday January 16th, 2008 05:48pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 10:14 pm

I've encountered people like that at other games I was invited to. Those people weren't invited back either. Those type of people irritate me because they can ruin a good fun time.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday January 16th, 2008 05:59pm
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:14 pm

At least you now know how to properly deal with them!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday January 16th, 2008 06:28pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 10:15 pm

I used to RPG with a good friend of mine, but I don't ask him to play anymore, primarily because he used to spend 60% of the time trying to find loop-holes in rules. He was never satisfied with my standard answer, "I'm the DM! It doesn't matter what it says in the rules, they don't apply here!"

To him it was never about role-playing, it was about trying to prove me wrong. Good guy, but bad role-player.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Thursday January 17th, 2008 09:12am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Goes to show you a good guy doesn't always make a good game player. I've got lots of friends that i enjoy hanging with that I would never want to game with.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Thursday January 17th, 2008 12:53pm
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Too true. Some of my closest friends shall never touch a Character Sheet.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Thursday January 17th, 2008 12:58pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 20th, 2012, 4:57 am

For those of you who have it, what are the dimensions for the Dark Company map? Oh, wait, to clarify. The entire Dark Company fold out is what I am curious about. Has anyone tried to have it printed at a poster shop that is what I hope to do?
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 20th, 2012, 2:11 pm

A2 size paper
420mm × 594mm
16.54" × 23.39"

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » February 26th, 2012, 6:49 am

drathe wrote:A2 size paper
420mm × 594mm
16.54" × 23.39"

That can't be right... One HQ board alone is about A2, so four of those would be A0. If I had a black and white outline drawing of a board (with the art on it, not just a grid) in greytones, I could probably print one at work... Hmmm... I might go and try that once.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Dark Company