• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Polling Station - Quest Contest - Summer 2009

Ye Olde Inn's Summer 2009 Quest Contest Details.

Which Quest wins your vote for Ye Olde Inn's Premiere Quest Contest?

Poll ended at September 15th, 2009, 11:15 pm

In the Dust - by Black Drazon
50%
Shipwrecked! - by Zeno
50%

Total votes : 6

Polling Station - Quest Contest - Summer 2009

Postby drathe » August 31st, 2009, 11:15 pm

Let the Voting Begin!

Our first contest has only yielded two entries, but they are great quests. Check out the links below for each quest. Review them thoroughly and cast your vote in the poll above.

In the Dust by Black Drazon

Shipwrecked! by Zeno

Voting will run from September 1st to September 15th, 2009. No changies or take-backs! Members may only vote once, so make sure you select the right one.

A special Thank You! to our two entrants for having the courage to design a quest and submit it for all of us to enjoy. Best of luck to both Black Drazon and Zeno!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My Critique of the two quests!

Postby Skulmar » September 4th, 2009, 1:09 am

First I would like to say that both entries into the Quest Contest are both very creative, unique and interesting! They both seem to be very challenging and to succesful conquer the quests whoever is playing the heroes must be experienced Hero Quest players!!!! Both quests have the same element of starting with items because of different cicumstances. I think this is a great idea for single quests that are not part of a Quest Pack! The thing I like the most about In the Dust is that the game challenges the heroes thinking and problem solving skills. For example how to get out of the cell and the map of false and actual traps. The thing I liked the best about Shipwrecked is the storyline and the quest being played in a different setting the jungle. I also like how shipwrecked involved the use of mind points. I firmly believe that mind points underplayed aspect to the entire hero quest game.

I wish i would have had time to make an entry into this contest but I just found out about it when the deadline was almost over and didnt have time to submit an entry!!!

Anyway Good Luck to both entries and I hope the contest polling period gets extended so everyone who visits this site from time to time get a chance to vote!

Skulmar!!!!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog.
Skulmar

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Polling Station - Quest Contest - Summer 2009

Postby Skulmar » September 4th, 2009, 1:11 am

Sorry I meant to say both quests present the problem of starting with few items I just thought I would clarify that!!!!

Skulmar

Rewards:
Skulmar

Skeleton
Skeleton

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » September 9th, 2009, 12:38 am

Keep some of your ideas aside, Skulmar. Just in case we decide on running another contest. ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » September 13th, 2009, 9:44 pm

I'll be out of town on a semi-emergency trip when the poll closes. Feel free to spread the results during my absence and I'll post an announcement on the Website when I return. Winner to be contacted about the prizing shortly thereafter.

Again, Good luck Black Drazon and Zeno!

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » September 20th, 2009, 9:33 pm

It appears that we have a tie...

Shows just how good both these quests are that the votes are split right down the middle. :D But alas, there is only one puzzle available for a prize so only one can win. :( We had a vote saved just in case there was a tie. A winner has been chosen. An official announcement will be made in the next day or so and the winner will be contacted at that time.

Thanks to all those who took part in the voting process and a special thanks to Black Drazon and Zeno for their fantastic entries! You guys made this, Ye Olde Inn's first contest worthwhile!

Thank you! |_P
~drathe

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

I have some great ideas if there is another contest!

Postby Skulmar » September 21st, 2009, 12:56 am

I have been brainstorming for a while and have some great ideas for the next quest contest! If there is another contest sometime! I thought of posting some of my ideas at the Quest builders forum at the other site but i think I am going to keep them to myself for now lol!

This also got me to thinking of another great idea but it may seem a little delusional However weren't we taught sometime in our early years that anything is possible!!!!

I will just throw it out there for the hell of it anyway!

There seems to be quite a following of Hero Quest on the Web for Good reason. How about having a contest with a Hero Quest Gathering. Here is my grandiose idea!

Each person who enters into the contest creates up to so many entries. We would need to come up with rules and what not of course.

Out of the people who enter we find a central or most popular region to host a hero quest gathering where each person can bring their hero quest games and play Zargon or Morcar for the quests they created. Then we could hold a vote after we have each played everyones quests. Maybe we could turn it into an annual event or something! Who knows if it got big enough eventually maybe we could take videos and pictures and send it to hasbro (Milton Bradley) and get the game back in print!!!!
We would have to create a buzz on all these hero quest websites and forums on the web to get enough people interested!!!! Hell if we just got 5-10 people to come to the first one i would consider it a success!!!!!!!

I would personally donate some cool prizes if this crazy idea actually worked.

From the crazy skull of Skulmar! lol!!!!

Rewards:
Skulmar

Skeleton
Skeleton

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » October 3rd, 2009, 12:29 am

A gathering sounds like good times. I'm not sure our community is large enough for such a grand ordeal at this point in time though. :? I myself would be very disappointed if the gathering took place far away and I was unable to attend too. :cry: Better get lots of footage! :D

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » October 3rd, 2009, 12:31 am

At last! The results are in... Check them out!

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Quest Contest: Summer 2009