• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Extrapolating ICE SPELLS set from BQP Spell Scrolls

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Re: Extrapolating ICE SPELLS set from BQP Spell Scrolls

Postby Kurgan » November 6th, 2021, 2:57 pm

Fun!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kimarous » November 8th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Given that we know a remake/reimagining of The Frozen Horror is coming up, what do you think the odds are of HasLab implementing a similar system in their own take?

Most importantly, will the artwork of Ice Wall still feature a goblin dabbing behind said ice wall?
Kimarous

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby lestodante » November 9th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Kimarous wrote:will the artwork of Ice Wall still feature a goblin dabbing behind said ice wall?

the shiluette behind the ice wall looks a Sorcerer to me, with lapels of his cloak up, not a goblin

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Jabie » February 14th, 2023, 1:10 pm

Did this project ever get finished. I'd quite like to download an Ice School of spells.
Jabie

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby lestodante » February 14th, 2023, 5:34 pm

No, sorry, I did only in Italian (which you can see here).
Still working on an English version.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » February 14th, 2023, 7:16 pm

Where can one download the full resolution images in digital format? Thanks!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 15th, 2023, 11:20 am

They are not available for download, only to buy.
I don't know why people is always thinking they can download everything for free... I payd artists to draw the images.
Sometimes I've shared arts I did already. Doesn't mean I will share all (and they also ended in other people files, who didn't credit the artist, nor me or even pretending such arts were their own creations).
Same issue everytime... :?

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » February 16th, 2023, 10:53 am

Interesting topic, especially for me right now, as I've started but haven't finished a project to try and incorporate all the Hero spells including Elf and Ice into a single coherent system. To be fair I have a great ability to start new projects and an equally terrible ability to finish them so this isn't uncommon.

My tentative plan so far is to:

'Rebrand' the 3 original 'Water' spells as Elf Spells to take it up to a total of 11 spells
Scrap 'Twist Wood' (if taken under the spirit of the rules) it is of very limited and weak use (if taken under the letter of the rules) it is more powerful but difficult to work out the effects
Scrap 'Deep Sleep' as that is effectively a distorted version of 'Sleep'

Either: Starting Elf gets the 3 original water spells OR can choose 3 from the full set of 9

Replace 3 'lost' Water Spells with new ones, some or all from Ice Spells and/or some new ones - Sacred Water, Ice Blocks/Wall/Bridge, Skate

Expand all 4 element sets to have 1/2/3 extra spells each that can be learnt and substituted in place of original ones (for example taking the Fire Spells would be choose 3 from the Fire Spell set of 4-5-6 spells)
:skull: = white skull, one "hit"
:blackshield: = black skull, one "hit"
:whiteshield: = shield, cancels out one "hit"

Editions: 1989 Original First Edition [FE] and Second Edition [SE], 1990 Remake [US], 2021 Remake [21]

HeroQuest Gold new edition based on Original 1989 HeroQuest, holes patched, dents hammered out, buffed to a shiny finish with ~50 common issues fixed for a smoother experience.

HQ Common Notification System to identify squares on the board
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » February 16th, 2023, 12:14 pm

lestodante wrote:They are not available for download, only to buy.
I don't know why people is always thinking they can download everything for free... I payd artists to draw the images.
Sometimes I've shared arts I did already. Doesn't mean I will share all (and they also ended in other people files, who didn't credit the artist, nor me or even pretending such arts were their own creations).
Same issue everytime... :?

Probably because 99% of people share their stuff for free to benefit the community, and trading off someone else's IP is a legal issue that few people want to deal with. You're the outlier, and if you fail to tell people up front then they are going to make assumptions.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » February 16th, 2023, 12:49 pm

Despite of the legal rights topic, unfortunately, still exist people who don't understand (or don't want to do it) that all fanmade material always has a cost, in time, talent and/or money for their creators, so selling it without being the owner of it, nor having clear permission to do it, is clearly something very bad, that anyone of us should condemn if found somewhere through internet. A true HeroQuest lover should fight against it, I think.

Therefore, I fully understand lestodante about not sharing by free any original artwork which has surely cost to him quite effort and money, if he doesn't want to do it, since always exists the risk of being sold in some way by third parties, as it has already happened sometimes, unfortunately.

Then, the owner of the material may always decide what shares with the Community and what not, and in my humble opinion we all should support and respect such position, otherwise the hobby will surely suffer.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Frozen Horror