• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wizard Quest Pack Preview

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Wizard Quest Pack Preview

Postby sadkitchen » August 31st, 2011, 2:02 pm

Hi All

I've been gone for a while due to job (and lack there of) issues. Lets just say that even though door to door vacuum sales pays the bills, it doesn't promote the kind of life style humans like. But before I vanished I was talking up my Wizard Quest Pack. I figured that now I am back I should share what I have so far.

It's only about 75% and this is only 3 pages of it, but still please let me know what you think.

Also if any of you are artistically inclined, I am not and am in desperate need of some help in the card art department.

-Sad Kitchen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sadkitchen on September 9th, 2011, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Wizard Quest Pack Preview

Postby AerynB » August 31st, 2011, 8:34 pm

The quest looks pretty neat. I like the two new mercenaries too, the Wizard-type mercenary and a kind of Magical Warrior mercenary. Pretty clever. :) Are the new Spell Sword and Spellcaster spells only for the mercenaries or can they be learned by the Wizard-Hero? Who can use the new Healing and Summoning spells? They all look very creative, good job. I like the simple layout of the quest too. A solo Wizard might not be able to make it through a very complicated maze-like quest. A nice, tough bad guy too. As Zargon, I like those "summon" chaos spells.

All in all, looks like a good quest. Keep up the good work! |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Usergroups:

Postby sadkitchen » August 31st, 2011, 9:31 pm

Are the new Spell Sword and Spellcaster spells only for the mercenaries or can they be learned by the Wizard-Hero?

These new spells are just for the mercenaries.

Who can use the new Healing and Summoning spells?

These are new spell schools only for the Wizard. Sort of like what the elf got in the EQP, or what came with WoM.

There are going to be more spells, but I don't have the next page of them completed yet, so I figured that I would only provide what is done. Keep checking back as I will update the cards and quests as I complete them. Quest 2 = Gremlinar's tower.

I actually just remembered where I got that name (Gremlinar) from. Has anyone else ever played Dark Designs? It was the first RPG that I ever played, back on my Apple ][ c.

-Sad Kitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ken » September 1st, 2011, 2:26 am

sadkitchen wrote:Hi All

I've been gone for a while due to job (and lack there of) issues. Lets just say that even though door to door vacuum sales pays the bills, it doesn't promote the kind of life style humans like. But before I vanished I was talking up my Wizard Quest Pack. I figured that now I am back I should share what I have so far.

It's only about 75% and this is only 3 pages of it, but still please let me know what you think.

Also if any of you are artistically inclined, I am not and am in desperate need of some help in the card art department.

-Sad Kitchen

Looking good so far, will a standard Wizard be tough enough for the Quest :?: I am bringing on a new one, "Faust, the Sorcerers Apprentice".

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sadkitchen » September 1st, 2011, 3:21 am

Looking good so far, will a standard Wizard be tough enough for the Quest :?: I am bringing on a new one, "Faust, the Sorcerers Apprentice".

I think so. I ran through it (by myself) and he only lost one mercenary. Problem is with the Wizard bad rolls are much more apparent/detrimental.
Benefit: both mercs have a healing spell. Making life a little easier.

You should have seen it before I did that. Double the number of skeletons throw in a smattering of extra zombies and mummies AND put 2 chaos warriors in the center room. The first version was set for a full party, and the wizard left his plate wearing, battle axe toting friends at home. What can i say I was 13 (maybe younger) when I made it.

Also it is expected that you have run the core 14 quests, KK, and RotWL bare minimum. Providing you with a bit of extra ammo (spell scrolls, magic throwing daggers, armband of healing, and so on)

- Sad Kitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ken » September 1st, 2011, 7:51 am

sadkitchen wrote:

I think so. I ran through it (by myself) and he only lost one mercenary. Problem is with the Wizard bad rolls are much more apparent/detrimental.
Benefit: both mercs have a healing spell. Making life a little easier.

You should have seen it before I did that. Double the number of skeletons throw in a smattering of extra zombies and mummies AND put 2 chaos warriors in the center room. The first version was set for a full party, and the wizard left his plate wearing, battle axe toting friends at home. What can i say I was 13 (maybe younger) when I made it.

Also it is expected that you have run the core 14 quests, KK, and RotWL bare minimum. Providing you with a bit of extra ammo (spell scrolls, magic throwing daggers, armband of healing, and so on) Sadkitchen Quote

My Wizards usually find a Bracegirdle after a couple of Quests, gives them 2 extra in defence. The par is far too weak. Old Gandalf was a tough bird wasn't he. A Bracegirdle is a Masonic item, so don't look too closely into it.
Bracegirdle.doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sadkitchen » September 1st, 2011, 10:09 am

Ok, so this is the second time I have seen you recomed the Bracegirlde.
(And I know you told me to not look into it, but when has telling me what to do ever worked?)

Bracegirdle only registers as a last name when thrown into a Google search (Did you know that there was a family of Hobbits with the last name Bracegirdle? I didn't)

By its self a brace is either (noun) anything that imparts rigidity or steadiness or (verb) to fix firmly; make steady; secure against pressure or impact.
And girdle is a (noun) belt, cord, sash, or the like, worn about the waist OR anything that encircles, confines, or limits.

Putting the 2 definitions together wouldn't that make it a hard belt or a hard sash?

I was considering adding magic bracers with a +1 defense die (Identical to the equipment card of other non NA countries) and another item (most likely a crown or cap of some type) that also gives a +1 defense. That way, along with the wizard's robe there will be 5 defense dice to roll. (If all are found).

Old Gandalf was a tough bird wasn't he.

Just a thought, what would happen if a HQ Wizard and Gandalf got in a fight.
HQ Wizard casts Genie, Gandalf, through force of will alone, causes the genie to not manifest.
Gandalf says to the HQ Wizard in a deep voice "You shall not Cast" (I had to. :D)
HQ Wizard finds that he can no longer cast spells, and wets himself. (possibly starts crying)
Gandalf tells him the errors of his ways and sends him off with a scolding.
Wizard turns to dark magic, renames himsef Zargon Jr., and makes secretplans to take Gandalf out.

Guess it would be best if they don't get in a fight. :)

-SadKitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby sadkitchen » September 9th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Added 3 more pages of cards. (Mostly spells).

It has been A LOT more fun to convert my old cards into much more reasonable vesrsions from my early teen years then the quest maps, so don't be surprised if all the cards get done before any other quests.

Also if anyone can come up with a better 3rd defense spell that would be great. Though funny, "A Good Offense" just doesn't fit. :D

Thanks

-SadKitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » September 10th, 2011, 2:33 am

Bracegirdle only registers as a last name when thrown into a Google search

Look for "Masonic apron".
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ken » September 10th, 2011, 6:56 am

Big Bene wrote:
Bracegirdle only registers as a last name when thrown into a Google search

Look for "Masonic apron".

Careful how you proceed, if you don't know the secret handshake. :twisted: