• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Translate] The Rescue (from Dragão Brasil No.6)

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: [Translate] The Rescue (from Dragão Brasil No.6)

Postby Pancho » March 6th, 2018, 7:49 am

lestodante wrote:Ok.. any volunteer to write an epilogue for the 3 quests (Attack on the Sleep Wizard, The Rescue of Kerk, Slumbering Monster) by Roberto De Moraes?
Or do you guys prefer to leave the questpacks as they are?
And also.. who wants to paginate them and make the final pdf?
I can do for an EU version but I am not familiar with the USA layout.

I've now added a conclusion for Attack of the Sleep Wizard.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » March 15th, 2018, 1:24 pm

The Admiral wrote:. . . I would make it like the poison treasure cards that already exist in the system i.e. it acts immediately like a hazard.

I like this simple, no-fuss solution for a poison potion. WoM also had a poison Treasure Card. No tracking of which potion is used, just apply the 2 Body Points of damage and you're done. Basically, it's a furniture trap that can't be searched for. But if a time-delayed poison potion is really wanted instead . . .

The Admiral wrote:My point is that a Healing Potion is used exactly as an Elixir of Life i.e. to bring a dead Hero on Zero BP's back to life. The only difference between an elixir of life and a healing potion is that the former gives the Hero all his BP's back, whereas the latter only gives back 4 or 1-6 BP's.

Therefore they are both taken at the point of death. Sure, you could take a Healing Potion before death, but there is no requirement to do so, and I certainly never do.

There is another important difference between an Elixir of Life and a healing potion in the NA rules. A healing potion must be in the possession of a Hero just reduced to zero Body Points, and it must be used by him on his turn. The Elixir of Life, on the other hand, is used by another (adjacent) Hero on another turn, after a Hero's death.

The EU rules handle zero Body Points differently, as the Hero is eliminated with no chance to drink a healing potion. Even though this Portuguese Quest follows the NA rules set adopted in Brazil, many EU players of an Inn localization will require that a Hero drink a healing potion while Body Points are still above zero. Anticipating expectations beyond NA tactics will accommodate these downloaders.

j_dean80 wrote:...but it gives more options then poisoned elixir. As a Healing Potion that takes 2 BP there is at least a chance of it doing something instead of being pointless.

j_dean80 wrote:My only issue with it as written would be - how does Zargon know when the Hero uses that exact one?

j_dean80 wrote:Or could still be healing but just unique enough so you know which one - "Potion of Heal Body - restores up to 3 lost Body Points" ...but actually a poison that takes away 2.

This should also work.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » March 16th, 2018, 9:20 am

Daedalus wrote:There is another important difference between an Elixir of Life and a healing potion in the NA rules. A healing potion must be in the possession of a Hero just reduced to zero Body Points, and it must be used by him on his turn. The Elixir of Life, on the other hand, is used by another (adjacent) Hero on another turn, after a Hero's death.

The EU rules handle zero Body Points differently, as the Hero is eliminated with no chance to drink a healing potion. Even though this Portuguese Quest follows the NA rules set adopted in Brazil, many EU players of an Inn localization will require that a Hero drink a healing potion while Body Points are still above zero. Anticipating expectations beyond NA tactics will accommodate these downloaders.

Every day is a school day! I never considered that delayed use of the Elixir of life on an already dead Hero, but yes, I can see the card reads that way. All these years!

I still thought healing potions could be drunk on death in the EU version. That is how we played it. It says "anytime" on the EU version healing potion card? Doesn't matter now as I'll never play EU again. 1BP gargoyle with 4 defence dice more than a Goblin, ooooh! :lol:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 13th, 2019, 5:58 pm

I've just been looking at this quest. In the final quest, when Kerg is found, there is nothing about his stats? I would have him with no equipment and in a weakened state. So Mv 1d6, Att 0, Def 2, Bdy 4, Mnd 2. He is too weak to wear or carry armour/weapons. He should be returned to the stairs to complete the quest?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » April 14th, 2019, 10:07 am

I think it is not really necessary because when you find Kerg the quest ends, unless you do not want to make something like Sir Ragnar that you have to return him to the stairs.
It is supposed that almost all the monsters are already dead, no need to even open unexplored rooms.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 16th, 2019, 6:04 am

lestodante wrote:I think it is not really necessary because when you find Kerg the quest ends, unless you do not want to make something like Sir Ragnar that you have to return him to the stairs.
It is supposed that almost all the monsters are already dead, no need to even open unexplored rooms.

The way the quest is written, it is quite possible to go straight to the room with Kerg without going into any other rooms. I think some form of the Sir Ragnar quest would be a good idea. Perhaps allow the EW player to open one door per turn once the locked door is opened and an alarm sounds? I will be playing this quest later today and will try this out.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 18th, 2019, 5:22 am

Ha! that is exactly what happened, almost. He turned right out of the starting room, cleared the three rooms clockwise from there and then entered the central room with Kerg. It made for an interesting game as there were not that many monsters left on the board, and they were only released slowly. I didn't allow the secret door to be opened. My brother considered going back round the board once Kerg was safe and most of the monsters were dead, but his men were low on BP's and he was worried that hazards, wandering monsters and my accumulating Evil Wizard cards would take precious healing potions before his Dwarf set off on his main quest, The Gem of Ekrund, and so he reluctantly followed the General up the stairs.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » April 18th, 2019, 4:45 pm

That map is very basic, and no many rooms are there just for exploring more, but don't need to be opened. So unless the Heroes wish to explore and hunt for treasures I can ask to the player if they wish to go back directly to the stairs or not.
Anyway if they split in 2 teams it could happen to save KErg while other monsters are wandering the dungeon so your stats could be useful in taht case. Or simply don't let the monsters attack Kerg.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 20th, 2019, 5:07 am

However this quest is played, I think it needs some instruction as to how it ends. Traditionally, a quest would end when the Heroes return to the stairs and therefore in this case no instructions are needed, but in this instance Kerg would need some stats. Simply not allowing the monsters to attack him could create some wierd situations where Kerg can be used as an unrealistic block.

So I think there are two options:
1) Quest ends when all Heroes and Kerg have returned to the stairs. Kerg will therefore need some stats and a figure.
2) Quest ends when Kerg is rescued.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Drew » June 10th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Since one guy made all the maps for the 3 quests and another 1 did all the Brazilian-English translation why isnt it complete yet? No one can do what Phoenix used to do? I mean put the whole quest together in a pack. I mean idk how but Im sure someone does. I mean the most effort has already been made, the quests are ready, its a pity that they arent published here complete.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild