• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

Postby j_dean80 » December 31st, 2017, 9:29 am

clmckay wrote:To me, it looks awesome.

Wish I knew what template you us e for your covers and inside narrative bits.

All homemade using a mix of MS Paint and Inkscape. Not high def but I do not own Photoshop.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » January 7th, 2018, 8:17 am

The Admiral wrote:
j_dean80 wrote: Compared to the Heroes, the Giant Spider and Giant Bat are very large. Based off of my play testing I think the stats of the monsters work well. Always looking for play testers to help adjust stuff.

The Bone Knife does nothing else but it is the only piercing weapon the Wizard may yield. If you read the full armory I believe the cost to seem fair.

Unarmed Heroes get an attack of 1 Combat Die per Quest 6 of the base game. In Quest 1 the Heroes are not unarmed though as they pick up a Torch each.

So if I don't mention a certain name then you assume Lustria? Someone else can assume Junglelandia if they prefer? Think I like not placing a name on it myself. haha

This Quest pack can be played by any set of Heroes. Every Hero begins with nothing no matter how many Quests they've played or not played. If using old characters you may want to use new character sheets for this Pack so you don't forget what they all had before.

Not sure why a Wizard would buy a Bone Knife for 150gc when a normal knife is only 25gc, unless the standard armoury is not available in your quests?

1 dice from quest 6, thanks for that.

I didn't assume Lustria, just suggested it could take place there. As you say, it could be in any jungle of the warhammer world.

After doing some reading...this cannot take place in Lustria. Lustria would be crawling with Lizardmen.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 7th, 2018, 8:30 am

knightkrawler wrote:To be honest, I do not like covers without any characters or at least devices that are important to the story. That's true for every genre.
A background shot of the setting doesn't cut it for me.

Can you find a better option? My biggest problem with this Pack has been the art.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » January 7th, 2018, 10:27 am

I don't know.
Maybe find art of a Saurus Warrior, Skink Shaman, or whatever monster or character you use in the pack.
Maybe that piece will be enough to carry the cover, maybe you can superimpose it on the scenery shot you have if the style is very similar.
There needs to be an element of character or story device.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 10th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Is this better?

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 10th, 2018, 9:23 pm

j_dean80 wrote:The Jungle

The halls are covered with webs. A thick layer of dust touches everything in sight. This place should feel eerily unwelcoming, yet the companions feel right at home. They should, as they venture here often.

"Where is he?" one Hero asked aloud. "I need some refills."

"We all do! I do not see him," another companion responded.

Just then, something crashed to the floor. It sounded like glass.

"Is that you?" a third called out.

A figure crept from the shadows, "He is not here. He's been gone for some time now."

The voice was unmistakably familiar.

"Mentor! Why are you here? Where is he?" the fourth Hero called out.

"Heroes, the Emperor desperately needs your help! The Alchemist has vanished in a strange, far-off land. He journeyed to the distant jungle to replenish his supplies. The trek has become even more dangerous than before, as the land has been overrun by Chaos Magic. This is a land of strange magic and medicine, powerful beasts, natives with a mind to war, and many dangerous gods. With the jungle's witchcraft now mixed with the Chaos magic, I fear for a difficult task. You must venture to this forsaken land and find clues to the Alchemist's whereabouts. Find him and bring him home safely. I secured passage for you on a trading vessel. The captain is no friend to the Empire, but also is no friend to Zargon. Keep a low profile to ensure a safe voyage. Use your skills I have taught you and achieve success, I will aid you when I can."

Mentor

I did some edits. How does this sound?

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 14th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Made tiles for the Giant Ant Swarm Traps:

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » January 14th, 2018, 1:00 pm

j_dean80 wrote:Is this better?

Depends on if it shows something that happens in the storyline.
I don't particularly like the widescreen proportions.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 14th, 2018, 1:07 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Depends on if it shows something that happens in the storyline.
I don't particularly like the widescreen proportions.

It shows two of the Monster types the Heroes will face. The Natives and a Jaguar.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 14th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Posted the Monster Cards for the Pack in the Gallery.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild