• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Online

Search the treads of your local area, introduce yourself and get to know players near you. Use these rooms to discuss and plan your next game night.

HeroQuest Online

Postby Teldurn » January 17th, 2014, 2:09 pm

If you live on the internet, you qualify as being "in my area" for this game!

Some of you may have seen my game postmortems under the Saturday Night Dungeon board. If so, you have an idea of what you can expect from my game. Unfortunately, one of my players has needed to bow out, so a spot opened up to play the Dwarf!

Deets:
- You will play the Dwarf.
- You don't need to have experience with the original board game to be able to play online, but it definitely helps if you're familiar.
- Should have a Google+ account so I can invite you to the group (might also work with just gmail address, but I'm not 100% positive)
- The game is through G+ Hangout running the Roll20 app.
- We have some houserules in place.
- Our games are Tuesday evenings, at 6:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Central/9:30pm Eastern/GMT +6 (2:30am Wed.) and usually run for 1.5 - 2 hours or thereabouts.
- Webcam not required, but would be nice to see your smiling face.
- Microphone required. It's playable without one, but more trouble than it's worth, as it slows the game down and you'll be doing A LOT of typing to catch up.

Any questions?
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest Online

Postby gootchute » January 18th, 2014, 12:22 am

I am interested, what are your house rules?
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » January 18th, 2014, 11:14 pm

There is a potion shop. There is also an expanded armory.

Rules for the Armory:
- The Armory will buy back weapons at 1/2 their cost (round down). The Armory will buy back weapons taken from all monsters except the Undead.
- Heroes can carry only 3 weapons at a time (including bows) and 2 pieces of armor (not including shields). Keep track of these items in your inventory. There is no limit to the number of artifacts that can be carried. This carrying limit does not apply to items the Hero is wearing. There is no limit to the number of potions that can be carried.
- Heroes may take weapons from monsters they have killed, except for the Undead, to sell or use. A Hero must tell the Game Master when he wishes to take a weapon, then note it on his chart. The Hero that kills the monster gets first choice on the weapon the monster was carrying, then any other Hero in the room can take it on his turn. The weapon is gone if all the Heroes leave the room or hallway.
- If a Hero's weapon is destroyed in battle, he can either take one from a dead monster or use another one he is carrying.
- Switching weapons, including going from a bow to a melee weapon, takes 1 turn, unless you sacrifice a move action and haven't already moved. During this turn the Hero may not attack if he has moved already.
- Below is a list of the weapons carried by monsters:
    Goblins carry daggers and hatchets.
    Orcs carry shortswords, flails, and axes.
    Fimirs have axes.
    Chaos Warriors have battle axes.
    Chaos Mages/Sorcerers/Warlocks have daggers.
    Gargoyles dual-wield a broadsword and a whip.

Additional Rules
Traps Behind Doors: After opening a door, a Hero is allowed use an action to check for traps on the square directly beyond the door, but only if the room is empty of monsters. Disarming applies as normal.
Furniture and Movement: It is possible to move onto and over certain pieces of furniture like a table or chair. Moving through each square occupied by furniture in this way costs 2 movement. Tall furniture like cabinets or bookcases cannot be climbed on.
Furniture and Ranged Attacks: If a Hero is standing on a table or other such furniture, it is possible to fire a ranged weapon over the head of another Hero, where normally your ally would block line of sight.
Attack Fumble: If an attack roll with a weapon results in all Black Shields (or 3 Black Shields in the event your weapon uses more than 3 Combat Dice), then it is considered damaged. For a 1 Attack Die weapon to be damaged in melee, a Black Shield result must also be rerolled for a second Black Shield. The Attack Dice of a damaged weapon is reduced by 1; record this on your Hero's Character Sheet. A damaged weapon may be repaired for half of its cost between Quests. Weapon Artifacts may not be damaged in this way.
Defense Fumble: If an armored Hero rolls 3 or more black shields for defense, then a piece of armor is damaged. Armor damage is applied in this order: Helmet > Shield > Body Armor. The Defend Dice of damaged armor is reduced by 1; record this on your Character Sheet. Damaged armor may be repaired for half of its cost between Quests. Armor Artifacts may not be damaged in this way.
Broken Weapons and Armor: This process of degradation continues until the weapon's Attack Dice or armor's Defense Dice reach 0. At that point, the weapon or armor is considered broken and useless. It should be removed from the Hero's Character Sheet. Broken items cannot be repaired.

Rewards:
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » January 20th, 2014, 10:28 am

Teldurn wrote:Additional Rules
Traps Behind Doors: After opening a door, a Hero is allowed use an action to check for traps on the square directly beyond the door, but only if the room is empty of monsters. Disarming applies as normal.

We do that as well! :D
We also allow ranged attacks over tables/low furniture, with a -1 attack die penalty :)
I like the ability to climb on tables :)
Sacrificing a move action to switch weapons is also great!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Teldurn » January 20th, 2014, 10:43 am

Sjeng wrote:
Teldurn wrote:Additional Rules

We do that as well! :D
We also allow ranged attacks over tables/low furniture, with a -1 attack die penalty :)
I like the ability to climb on tables :)
Sacrificing a move action to switch weapons is also great!

The traps behind doors thing is great, except the players always seem to forget to do that. Not like I'm going to remind them, of course! :twisted: And yeah, I think I remember seeing you write about it, which is where I must have picked it up from, to include in HQP. Speaking of which, I just realized to my utter horror that I had forgotten to include you in the credits. Sorry! :oops: Duly corrected.

And I like how stepping on furniture really opens up movement in some rooms that would otherwise be pretty crowded, especially to get around monsters.

Rewards:
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gootchute » January 22nd, 2014, 12:54 am

I made a second post yesterday, is it showing up for anyone (not this post obviously) because I can't see it...

Anyways, I think it was something to the effect of: helmets shields and chainmail only have 1 defense die so any amount of damage will destroy them... correct?
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 22nd, 2014, 5:26 am

Nope. someimes when you post, and someone else posted just before you did, the forum tells you about this before posting your post. You have to press another button to actually post then. If you're too fast and miss it, your post is gone.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Teldurn » January 22nd, 2014, 2:22 pm

gootchute wrote:Anyways, I think it was something to the effect of: helmets shields and chainmail only have 1 defense die so any amount of damage will destroy them... correct?

Yes, that's correct. But not all at once. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe it was first the shield gets destroyed, and if you haven't bought a replacement and roll black shields, then your helmet, and then finally your body armor.

Rewards:
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » January 22nd, 2014, 8:27 pm

Hey, anybody want me to set up one of these sometime? You can see how awful I really am.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby Teldurn » January 22nd, 2014, 9:07 pm

chaoticprime wrote:Hey, anybody want me to set up one of these sometime? You can see how awful I really am.

One of what, exactly?

Rewards:
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Games In Your Area!