• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Quests still to play

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Quests still to play

Postby The Admiral » September 20th, 2023, 6:08 am

About 20 years ago I remember saying to my brother that I was worried we would run out of quests. Well today I am worried we will run out of time! I sat down this morning and decided to do an inventory of all the quest packs we have yet to play, and here it is in no particular order:
1) Rise of the Dread Moon.
2) Spirit Queen's Torment.
3) Quest for the Sword.
4) Rise of the Valkyries.
5) Shadow of the Darkdelve.
6) Vengeance for Vengeance.
7) Dark Alliance.
8) Rogue Wizardry.
9) Grim Shadows.
10) The Grip of Lord Bastion.
11) The Shadows of Chaos.
12) The Book of Ages.
13) The Empire's Last Gleaming.
14) And the Quest Begins.
15) The Dead Sleep Lightly.
16) Quest for the Shattered Amulet.
17) Evensong.
18) Legacy of the White Mage.
19) The Quest for the Lichemaster.
20) Heir to the Black Banner.
21) The Master of Corruption.
22) Lord of Daemons.
23) Waaagh!
24) The Chaos Twins.
25) Prophecy of Telor.
26) Crypt of Perpetual Darkness.

The following may be completed at some time and then need playing:
1) Epic Quest part 2.
2) Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen.
3) Sequel to Crossroads of the World.
4) Eve of Chaos.
5) Faith and Conviction.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Quests still to play

Postby lestodante » September 20th, 2023, 9:33 am

The Admiral wrote:2) Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen.

if Mathieu Pascal will ever release it!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » September 20th, 2023, 10:14 am

lestodante wrote:
The Admiral wrote:2) Sequel to Mound of the Beastmen.

if Mathieu Pascal will ever release it!

What a great quest that was. We actually played it in France one summer. It all went horribly wrong. The Heroes never fought Vivigor a second time and so didn't get the black stone, and so I didn't see the point in turning Sir Vardion. For the final battle I put Vivigor in place of Sir Vardion who remained 'good'. The heroes were battered and so I let them have the soldiers surviving from room F. It was still close and the Dwarf was killed. It led to a whole chain of connected quests that is still ongoing now. I adapted 'Royal Bodyguard' for the Heroes to get the black stone which was now in four parts and it slowly corrupted Sir Vardion until he went chaotic and killed the elf before dying himself.

But Zargon has resurrected Sir Vardion, as he tends to do, and he is playing the role of Sir Ragnar in our upcoming RotDM questpack, but not before the rogue knight rescues Lord Bastion in 'Knight Fall'. Bastion then flees north and will have to be dealt with in 'The Grip of Lord Bastion'.

The Heroquesting never ends! :D

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » September 22nd, 2023, 4:18 am

Here is the good Sir Vardion, Hero of the Empire, Champion of House Trell of Wissenland, and then there's the bad Sir Vardion; corrupted to chaos by the Black Stone and then resurrected from the dead by Zargon. He's seen better days. And finally Lord Bastion of Sylvania, off north to raise the dead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion