• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest on "Foundry"?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

HeroQuest on "Foundry"?

Postby Kurgan » April 26th, 2022, 6:33 pm

So there is a program out there called Foundry that is popular with some tabletop players. Apparently some have even adapted HeroQuest to it. I have seen some attempts on Youtube but to me they lose something as they tend to mix aesthetics and miss the charm of the board game.

Does anyone know if a classic looking edition has been done? Or anyone have experience with it?

Yes, I know TableTop Simulator on Steam looks pretty good, but the dang thing hasn't run for me since getting Windows 10 and so it's not really an option for me.

If nothing else works I'm just pointing the cameras at the board, turning on the microphones and playing like that.

https://foundryvtt.com/

Edit: I see it's also $50 for a license... (TTS is $20).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest on "Foundry"?

Postby lestodante » April 27th, 2022, 12:59 pm

Damn! When I've read the title of this topic I was thinking Wargames Foundry was going to release the metal HQ minis on their website!
Too good to be true....

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » April 27th, 2022, 1:31 pm

Commonly used name I know. I only learned of the existence of this particular online module a few days ago. I see Roll20 just requires a free account, but users complain it's harder to do stuff. I guess you get what you pay for... still spending $50-75 seems off. Unless you can find someone who has it and apparently can let you use it off of them...

Basically there are lots of ways a person COULD play heroquest online. I've found still the best and easiest way, if you have a physical set and a couple of cameras and some patience, is to just point your camera and use a free service like Twitch, Zoom (at least until they stop the free thing for covid later this year), Facebook video, Discord, etc.

Almost everyone could play along, so long as Zargon has the assets. Who doesn't have a couple of D6's lying around and a pencil and paper for the character sheet? Granted, it's more fun if you have your own set, but still you can follow along.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » July 15th, 2022, 6:52 pm

Now that TTS finally... finally, after many years, works for me again (the April 2021 patch seems to have been the magic one), I have no need for Foundry.

HeroQuest Master Edition is a great mod that seems to work pretty well and stuff isn't too hard to find mostly. However it looks like it doesn't include 3d models for the four men-at-arms. I found one that has the "unpainted" images of those figures in the wrong scale, but still, that's progress.

I see Master Edition includes the Combat Cards, but sadly not Sjeng's "Evil Wizard" deck. Still, pretty impressive. It's a shame it took so long to get it working, but it works now, no doubt. Thanks Azure for the help.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion