• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Postby Kurgan » November 12th, 2021, 12:34 pm

Where's your sense of fun? There's nothing more hilarious than a hero in a pit falling into ANOTHER pit at the bottom of the first one. (I guess there are spikes this time, so it's still funny, in a sick kind of way, for Zargon at least).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby manaknight14 » November 12th, 2021, 1:03 pm

SQT - Quests 8 & 9 include monsters that deal damage to mind points, but no description of what happens when you reach 0 MP.
manaknight14

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby HispaZargon » November 12th, 2021, 1:14 pm

Hogg wrote:SQT Quest 14, no door into final room "C."

I think in this case it may not be an errata. Notice that this quest occur inside an ethereal tower where heroes have the power to pass through walls 3 times each so, doors may not be needed to go inside the center room... I guess that not having a door there has intentionally been done by quest designer but who knows the truth since the maps of this questbook are crowded of errors.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » November 12th, 2021, 6:52 pm

I checked Kellar's Keep and the "Cliff Corridor" tile is just decoration, so that part may not be an error.

Link again to the Quest 3 (Game System) NA error introduced in 1990 and repeated in 2021. Here
Kurgan wrote:NA Version: Unmarked chest. Empty?
EU Version: B: chest contains an unidentified trap (-1 Body) and 100 gold coins

I see what you mean about the Spear being missing from the Remake but mentioned in Spirit Queen's Torment anyway!

Attached is the EU card they should have remade and included. I imagine the price would probably be 200 gold coins to match the price of the more expensive Hand Axe. It has an advantage over the Hand Axe though because it can hit diagonally. So maybe it should be 225 or 250, not sure what they would do. Sorry, getting into fixes again, but at this point it sounds like Avalon Hill wants to know what's up, so someone forward this info to them on Twitter!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kurgan on November 12th, 2021, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » November 12th, 2021, 8:05 pm

Kurgan wrote:I checked Kellar's Keep and the "Cliff Corridor" tile is just decoration, so that part may not be an error.

Link again to the Quest 3 (Game System) NA error. Here
Kurgan wrote:NA Version: Unmarked chest. Empty?
EU Version: B: chest contains an unidentified trap (-1 Body) and 100 gold coins

I see what you mean about the Spear being missing from the Remake but mentioned in Spirit Queen's Torment anyway!

Attached is the EU card they should have remade and included. I imagine the price would probably be 200 gold coins to match the price of the more expensive Hand Axe. It has an advantage over the Hand Axe though because it can hit diagonally. So maybe it should be 225 or 250, not sure what they would do.

Well, according American 2021 'prices', an EU-rules spear should have:

** 2 Attack Dice are 150 coins like the shortsword.
** Diagonal Attack are 100 coins according to the difference between longsword and broadsword prices.
** Throwing Attack are 50 coins according to the difference between handaxe and shortsword prices.

Then, if you sum up those three characteristics you obtain a price of 300 gold coins for the Spear.
Last edited by HispaZargon on November 12th, 2021, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » November 12th, 2021, 8:06 pm

It's like throwing a lethal bag of gold at the enemy!

I would say you can just sell it (doesn't have to be wasted by throwing) back to the Armory for half price, but that's a rule clarification that isn't explicitly stated until EQP/BQP, but since we seem to be getting the BQP at some point, I'm going to assume that will still be in there.
Last edited by Kurgan on November 12th, 2021, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » November 12th, 2021, 8:10 pm

Kurgan wrote:It's like throwing a lethal bag of gold at the enemy!

Hahaha yeah.... in my homebrew rules I have a system that considers the weight of the weapons and how many weight could bring each Hero. Lighter weapons are little bit expensive than heavier ones so 300 gold coins for a Spear in my prices system is a good prince since for example it is lighter than a longsword. My prices system respects the official prices but also helps to justify prices like this one for the Spear, but that's something to be discussed in another thread...
Last edited by HispaZargon on November 12th, 2021, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » November 12th, 2021, 8:14 pm

Sorry for getting off track. Great list! I did a video on it and while I had some technical issues I think I understood them all and the video is now available here.

These next few weekends I may be busy, so had to get in the streaming while I could!
Last edited by Kurgan on November 12th, 2021, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » November 12th, 2021, 8:21 pm

I will wait to see how many more errata could appear along this weekend and after that I will update the errata list properly in the second post.

There are at least two important ones I would like to see first what Inn members think about and there have not been so many opinions. First one is the rules about magical darkness in the Dragon's Lair. The other one if it is needed or not to show a door in the map at Spirit Queen's finale room.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Nlinindoll » November 12th, 2021, 9:18 pm

HispaZargon wrote:There are at least two important ones I would like to see first what Inn members think about and there have not been so many opinions. First one is the rules about magical darkness in the Dragon's Lair. The other one if it is needed or not to show a door in the map at Spirit Queen's finale room.

I’m very intrigued to see what people think about that missing door in Spirit Queen. Looks like a fun twist but if the heroes only get three opportunities to pass through the wall, it seems like it’s possible they might never find it or be trapped once they do if they haven’t used the three wisely.

Has anyone asked Zargon on Twitter? Haha
Nlinindoll

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion