• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

PROPHECY OF TELOR discussion

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: PROPHECY OF TELOR discussion

Postby julliemak » December 14th, 2021, 4:49 am

Love the app idea. Not sure what you mean about solid colored minis. Grey is a solid color.
Last edited by StratosVX on December 14th, 2021, 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: disabled spam link
julliemak

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » December 14th, 2021, 9:54 am

Welcome to the forums!

We mean differentiated by color, as in the originals, rather than being the same generic tone.

Yes, if they had released all the minis as the same color, they would have pressured people into painting them, but they still would have had the option to paint them in solid colors, rather than fully painting them a la the examples you see everywhere. :lol:

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby therealshrek » December 14th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Well, I have to say, not only is the Prophecy of Telor my favorite of three bonus quest packs, but it is one of my favorites over all.
Having a good story line progressing thru it definitely helps. And I will stop there. Dont want to spoil it for anyone.
As for the other two in comparison. Spirit Queen is not bad, it has some cool affects, and does a decent job of
introducing the idea of "good" Orcs. My daughter is a big fan of the Bard. haha. The Crypt has some cool new traps,
but I for one was disappointed in the Dragon. He doesnt even compare to fantasy Battle stats, to low for the climatic battle.
Still tough, and cool though. It is nice to have an official Dragon. But in comparison, the final battle of Wizards of Morcar you have to fight
all four of them, and they have the same stats as Venim, and that is a UK expansion where most things only have 1 hp.

Oops I got off track, haha. So in short I thought all 3 of the new quests have something new to offer, obviously nothing is perfect.
But Prophecy of Telor gets the high score from me for over all fun.
therealshrek

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » December 15th, 2021, 1:10 am

Wizards of Morcar with Mythic tier... interesting idea. We're missing the henchmen, I guess we're all waiting on knights, and not enough to go around, pity.

Extra Wizard ("Mentor"), two Dread Sorcerers... and one Witch Lord, that makes four. Might have to get creative with the tile situation, and a several more cards...

But like I said... interesting.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby allanon333 » December 15th, 2021, 11:12 pm

Yeah, overall I've been really impressed with what came in the 2021 edition. Having played this in the 90s as a kid, I was always regretful my copy got sent to the garage sale or some other lucky kid. Either way, enjoying playing through the base game / expansions remakes as well as these new quests.
allanon333

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Kurgan » December 15th, 2021, 11:44 pm

Something you could also try is, to use the "extra" heroes as henchmen. So if you're playing as the male Barbarian, the female Barbarian could be your henchman (or vice versa). Sure, it's just one per character, but then you could do the same with Sir Rangar and the other red figures. That's eight possible henchmen to use, even if they look like other characters you could use them that way (two for each of the four heroes to command). Just a thought!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Frozedon » January 10th, 2022, 3:43 am

Maybe ya'll can confirm something for me? Looking ahead to Quest 10

Quest 10: The Arena of Mislidia

The arena itself has me a tad confused. So, if you look at it, the goal of the quest is to banish Melar's spirit from the Talisman by entering the Arena of Misildia, an antimagic arena that will basically disable to the Talisman. When the heroes enter the arena, Melar is released from the Talisman, but then attaches himself to the Abomination in the center. Then, the only note is that if the Abomination is hit, you read a text that says "I curse you! You shall not escape me!" Melar's spirit fades. That's all. Is the quest objective complete at this point or are the heroes meant to kill the Abomination?

The next quest leads me to believe that the quest is complete and the heroes must return to the stairs. "Quest 11: Melar Unleashed" starts with the idea that Melar has escaped as the Abomination and began to muster dread forces to fulfill the prophecy. From what I can tell this means that the Abomination cannot die in Quest 10 since its supposed to survive. The text of when it "takes a hit" should be interpreted as "when it is hit, say the quote instead of it losing body points".

Does that sound accurate?
Frozedon

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » January 10th, 2022, 4:13 am

Spoilers!
Abominations (being Fimirs) have two body points. So it's not dead if it only took one BP damage, then again regardless of if it were a 2 BP hit or a 1 BP hit, it's alive again in the next quest, so a special case of monster survival for story purposes. Otherwise I guess you kill him, then bring him back to life in the next quest and it's the same thing.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » March 9th, 2022, 9:40 pm

Hi. It seems there are already people playing this questpack. Recently one member has suggested in the remake's errata thread that special rules defined for the Talisman of Lore in this questpack could be mistaken, you can check his explanation here.

I think the rules are consistent and no misprint exist (my reasons here), but what do you think about the rules mechanics defined for this artifact in this questpack? What do you think about Mind Points managing by the Talisman bearer? I open discussion...

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 10th, 2022, 2:57 am

Well to be fair, there were something like 24,812 estimated buyers of the Pledge version of the game (I realize some got Heroic tier and some bought multiple copies, but still), and probably most of them got the Mythic tier... so more people are playing it than we might guess as word gets around about its quality and the nostalgic buzz surrounding its author.

We all know some who pledged only did so to collect the game (not actually play it) or re-sell it. But many more actually did want to play it. In any case, while I haven't played it myself, looking through it and reading about it, it looks like something that could be a lot of fun with a group, especially old returning fans of HeroQuest. ;) Despite the glitches, there are many cool ideas in here to keep things fresh and interesting.

The best thing about Remake HeroQuest is getting people back into HeroQuest who hadn't played in many years, and introducing it to a whole new generation, and while Prophecy of Telor is very cool, I'm sure most people will be getting in thanks to the retail versions. So much more the pity if Hasbro never allows Avalon Hill to release "exclusives" like this to the general public officially. They're sitting on a potential fortune for fans!

Yes, making your own quests is where it's at... and always was, but these new bonus quests and free quests are what help spark the imagination of players for that purpose. That builds up the community, leads to positive word-of-mouth which will increase sales in the long run, surely they can see that...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext