• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hasbro 2021 Remake: Public Unboxings ARE HERE!

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Should someone at the Inn post a public unboxing video of New Heroquest?

Poll ended at January 19th, 2022, 9:16 pm

Yes, more info is good
93%
No, spoilers are bad, I won't click on it
No votes
No, an official vid will get posted ahead of time
3%
No, doesn't tell me how it plays
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: Hasbro 2021 Remake: Public Unboxings ARE HERE!

Postby Kurgan » February 13th, 2022, 5:53 pm

muchas gracias ;)

Any other language editions out there would be cool to see as well!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » March 1st, 2022, 10:45 am

As reported by Shadzar on youtube, the Kellar's Keep remake edition PDF of the Questbook has finally been posted on Hasbro's customer care page (alongside the rulebook+game system questbook previously posted). Date shows 3/20/21 and the file is quite large. I wonder when we'll see ROTWL?

I imagine they will also be posted (if not already) on Avalon Hill's product pages.

I haven't yet checked to see if any of the noted errata have been corrected in these latest versions...

Edit: the only errata noted was about the "use the orc with the large sword to represent..." on page 21, which is unchanged in the digital version.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » March 1st, 2022, 12:49 pm

I confirm ROTWL is not uploaded in Hasbro's customer care website, only KK is the new one there.

In KK uploaded questbook, the "large sword" sentence of page 21 remains the same as classic questbook. This errata is not relevant but I hope ROTWL upload delay would be caused by last minute misprint corrections... dreams are free :-)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 3rd, 2022, 8:03 pm

Always Board Never Boring on Youtube recently posted his unboxing & reviews of KK & ROTWL: here.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » March 11th, 2022, 3:05 pm

I feel like this has been discussed to death, and pledgers have known this for ages, but a lot of people out there are still wondering, and let's face it, a lot of HeroQuest fans never got to pledge... so the first time considering this is seeing the retail release and wondering how "compatible" the sets may be, especially if they grew up with the EU edition.

So Always Board never Boring made this video that puts it in a helpful Visual format comparing relative sizes and mentioning the rule differences.

Thanks for sharing!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » March 21st, 2022, 11:37 am

Our very own Amalgamash posted his unboxing video of the "Commander of the Guardian Knights" Hero Collection mini-expansion... the one that Avalon Hill recently apologized for in terms of underestimating the demand (and the long delays in pre-orders being fulfilled). This may be the first video of its kind I've seen from just a regular customer and not someone getting a sponsored review copy, so thanks for that!

My own is showing "awaiting product availability." At least one other person has reported to me that their pre-order was actually cancelled, so it seems as if supplies are dwindling and some of us won't actually be getting it after all, which is a shame, even if we can easily buy a close analog through Reaper Miniatures and use the publicly available info on the stats to make our own cards for it.

This hurts my enthusiasm for future projects (no more pre-orders for me, especially not from Gamestop!), but Avalon Hill promised to do better next time (their letter on Hasbro Pulse's website admits it wasn't just a supply chain issue but actual underestimating of demand on new content), so for the sake of the future of the franchise, I hope they deliver.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » April 3rd, 2022, 11:58 am

When the Frozen Horror Remake is finally released (unverified sources claim "Q3 2022" which would be July 1st-Sept 31st for $50 not counting shipping & tax) it will deserve its own thread, however if (as we all hope and many assume) it is a full retail release rather than a limited time exclusive (like the Guardian Knights) then doing an unboxing would not be so important. Still, you want to know what you're getting and so (non-sponsored) reviews from classic players are always important!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » April 5th, 2022, 5:50 pm

As previously reported, Return of the Witch Lord (remake)'s quest book PDF has been added to the Hasbro Customer Care page.

As of yet no official confirmation from Avalon Hill or Hasbro of the Q3 2022, $50 MSRP for pre-orders of the Frozen Horror Remake set posted on the foreign websites.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » April 8th, 2022, 7:59 pm

FainFlynn wrote:New quest just dropped for beginners:

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon-hi ... -beginning

Thanks also to discord member seekhashem who told me about it there! A youtube video on my channel will talk about it today.

So another free quest has been released online. See commentary (thanks HispaZargon) and a PDF download on this thread.

Also someone at Avalon Hill revealed their preferred play order for the quests (for what it's worth) here.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » April 9th, 2022, 1:54 pm

Finally added a little update to the OP:

RETAIL VERSION DETAILS (Dec '21 to present): New cards that you'd find in the RETAIL version of the Game System (not found in the NA 1990 edition): Equipment: Hand Axe, Potion of Speed, Holy Water, Bracers... Artifacts: Fortune's Longsword, Ring of Fortitude, Phantom Blade. the Treasure "Pit" hazards are spiked pits (like EU edition) and the Elf is female by default. slight clarifications to the text of Courage (Fire Spell), Wand of Magic (Artifact), and Borin's Armor (Artifact). and the fact that the Armory Board is replaced by the deck of Equipment cards (like the EU edition) with duplicates of certain items (Crossbow, Battle Axe, Longsword, Shield, and Helmet) otherwise you'll find it the same as the North American edition from 1990.

The only difference with the RETAIL version of Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord seems to be that the tiles are BLACK on the back instead of "unfinished" white from the pledge versions (Mythic tier).

It turns out the "bonus heroes" (gender swapped) are NOT available in any edition of the Retail game system. Though the Guardian Knight pack was included as one bonus extra from one retailer (now long since sold out), the online GameStop Canada.

No errata corrections were noted in the RETAIL version vs. the Pledge versions.

The HeroQuest Companion App continues to be updated, apparently there are some odd issues where a monster uses up its maximum movement to reach a hero and then doesn't try to attack although it could. Monsters seem to target different heroes instead of attacking just the nearest one or the one with the most body points. It is also reported that Heroes don't instantly die when entering "solid rock" with Pass Through Rock earth spell, but only if they end their movement there (which is how it should have worked all along). I have not tested these myself since I lack a compatible mobile device to download it.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext