• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Crafting a new HeroQuest board

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Crafting a new HeroQuest board

Postby Oftkilted » October 6th, 2020, 5:40 pm

That’s a really sweet creation so far. It makes me realize how much plastic I have sitting in my ‘to build cabinet’....
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby elvyler » October 8th, 2020, 1:23 am

Those tables that I put together earlier, they are also pretty light and flimsy, so I made new ones out of wood.

The wooden ones seem to match the rest of the furniture better. Here is a new one and an old one together in one shot:

I will keep the old ones, just in case, but I think the new ones look and feel better.

elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Oftkilted » October 8th, 2020, 9:24 am

So. I’m completely in awe of the effort and work you’re putting into your board and the furniture. Do you have a blog or build post that you talk about and show how you built them? (From Popsicle sticks? Something else?)
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby elvyler » October 8th, 2020, 9:48 am

Oftkilted wrote:So. I’m completely in awe of the effort and work you’re putting into your board and the furniture. Do you have a blog or build post that you talk about and show how you built them? (From Popsicle sticks? Something else?)

I don't have a blog currently. It's something I'm working on. I'll try to put some more detail into the post when I make the next piece. I've been meaning to take more pictures of the process, Once I get started, it's like I have tunnel vision on the project and then forget to do things like take pictures or document the process.
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:

Postby elvyler » October 16th, 2020, 1:35 pm

elvyler wrote:
Oftkilted wrote:So. I’m completely in awe of the effort and work you’re putting into your board and the furniture. Do you have a blog or build post that you talk about and show how you built them? (From Popsicle sticks? Something else?)

I don't have a blog currently. It's something I'm working on. I'll try to put some more detail into the post when I make the next piece. I've been meaning to take more pictures of the process, Once I get started, it's like I have tunnel vision on the project and then forget to do things like take pictures or document the process.

Oftkilted, I spent last weekend and a good portion of my evenings this week throwing together a blog. I hope to go into more detail about my build process. You can check out what I have so far on this project here: https://elvyler.com/2020/10/custom-heroquest-board/. I've also decided to put together some other articles about other things that I'm interested in related to board gaming.

Enjoy.
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:

Postby Oftkilted » October 16th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Awesome! The earlier pics of the furniture are great!
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby Azure » October 22nd, 2020, 12:41 pm

The results are totally marvelous and astonishing !!
Congrats !
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby elvyler » October 24th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Posted a little bit more about the process I went through for the weapon rack on my blog: https://elvyler.com/2020/10/furniture-weapon-rack/.

I'm slowly updating things there, just takes a while to write everything.
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:

Postby Nedmuffin » October 28th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Thanks for sharing this top class crafting. Hope you get round to playing this with your kids.
Nedmuffin

Hero:

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion