• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Inn on Facebook

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: The Inn on Facebook

Postby Stig » Monday May 4th, 2020 1:43am

I reckon the image should just be the Ye Olde Inn icon; as most people look at it on their phones it's neat and uncluttered

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Thor-in » Monday May 4th, 2020 8:01am

Stig wrote:I reckon the image should just be the Ye Olde Inn icon; as most people look at it on their phones it's neat and uncluttered

That is not a bad idea, thanks.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Monday May 4th, 2020 10:07am

Ah yes, the inevitable move to the private internet and the beginning of the end.

You go now where I cannot follow and so my march to the Grey Havens and The West beyond begins.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Monday May 4th, 2020 12:02pm

It is ok to have the FB page, just try to use it as a way to attire new questers linking part of the content; if they wish to follow details they can join the INN too.
Hope posts are not going to be split here and there and we have to read both sites to avoid missing some content.
I know at lot of HQ groups on Facebook, at least 3 of them are Italians, 1 is German, a couple are in English.
I folow all of them, passively. The good things is that new contents is found in my homepage when I log in so I don't miss any of them. So I don't see any problems in creating a INN Group that is parallel to the other ones.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Tuesday May 5th, 2020 8:28am

whitebeard wrote:Ah yes, the inevitable move to the private internet and the beginning of the end.

You go now where I cannot follow and so my march to the Grey Havens and The West beyond begins.

My dear Whitebeard,
So far I posted some miniatures there, everyone presented his HQ collection, and apart from that all postings contained links going here.

I don't think the days of the Inn are over. Especially, all stuff older than a week is not findable in FB, whereas here it stays available. That's a huge plus for this place here.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Krevett » Tuesday May 5th, 2020 8:46am

I view more facebook as a showcase of what you're going to find here (I mean cool people :) ).
Everything "content" related should remain here of course but there's nothing wrong with advertising the inn with modern medias.
Krevett

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Thor-in » Tuesday May 5th, 2020 11:20am

lestodante wrote:It is ok to have the FB page, just try to use it as a way to attire new questers linking part of the content; if they wish to follow details they can join the INN too.
Hope posts are not going to be split here and there and we have to read both sites to avoid missing some content.
I know at lot of HQ groups on Facebook, at least 3 of them are Italians, 1 is German, a couple are in English.
I folow all of them, passively. The good things is that new contents is found in my homepage when I log in so I don't miss any of them. So I don't see any problems in creating a INN Group that is parallel to the other ones.

We are hoping that it won't turn out that way, I have urged people to share what they have done here at the Inn so we can avoid that issue.

whitebeard wrote:Ah yes, the inevitable move to the private internet and the beginning of the end.

I fully understand, hoping to get more active people here.

Krevett wrote:I view more facebook as a showcase of what you're going to find here (I mean cool people :) ).
Everything "content" related should remain here of course but there's nothing wrong with advertising the inn with modern medias.

Yes, agreed. I posted something about the Christmas exchange we had last year, in the hopes of getting more active community. A lot of people don't even know we do something like that. I truly believe this and the other forum's are hubs, and Facebook is just a stepping stone.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » Friday May 21st, 2021 11:26am

We are the biggest group on Facebook for heroquest at the moment.

Not all members are active which is upsetting but the fact in the a year we hit almost 4,000 members is quite an accomplishment.

Any member's will to help monitor the group let Andreas or myself know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thantos » Friday May 21st, 2021 11:33am

Well done guys :D Social media is a tricky thing (I can never seem to get the hang of it) And being the biggest group for HQ on facebook is certainly an achievement!
The Inn is eternal :P
http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk
Models. Resin Casting. High res 3D Printing .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby iKarith » Saturday May 22nd, 2021 4:36am

Kinda wish we could bring some of those folks back here to the Inn proper.
Milton Bradley: "So guys, everyone knows about orcs, goblins and mummies and stuff, but what about these 'fimirs' we're putting in the game? Tell me all about them!"

Games Workshop: "Uhhhhhhhhhhh...."
Inn General Contract
iKarith

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion