• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

Postby Daedalus » January 12th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Scroll up one-third, you should. :o
https://restorationgames.com/welcome-mi ... /#comments

Heads up, Toco.
Last edited by Daedalus on November 29th, 2021, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved topic from General Heroquest Discussion
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

Postby Pancho » January 13th, 2020, 4:03 am

:o :o :o :o :o

Who are we going to nominate to go knock on his door?

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby JCool » January 13th, 2020, 9:18 am

I'm a fan of Restoration Games and backed their Fireball Island kickstarter. They're doing some great things to bring back former games with modern touches so that the games have more staying power with all of the original charm/nostalgia (and newly added awesomeness as well)!

But wait, unpublished HeroQuest expansions?! ... I know a lot of us had probably submitted requests to Restoration Games (at least I know I did :) ) to have them take on a "Restored" version of HeroQuest. Could the addition of Mike Gray help make that come to light?? We can always hope. In the meantime I'm sure having Mike on board with Restoration will help them in countless ways.

Now... back to the topic at hand of raiding that basement. Step 1. We need to form a Party. Step 2. Break down the door :P
JCool

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby lestodante » January 13th, 2020, 1:12 pm

I'm in!!
Step 3: plunder that basement!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 13th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Here's a link to Toco's blog for those new to the story behind the unreleased Wizard and Dwarf Quest Packs. Old Scratch's Heroquest Forum had more backstory about the prototype figures, but unfortunately that isn't available at this time.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 13th, 2020, 6:02 pm

There are also a discussion on BoardGameGeek!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » January 14th, 2020, 6:21 am

I'd love to see the story-line and the quests (if indeed the designers got that far). Sinestra and the Frozen Horror had interesting backgrounds and added a lot to Heroquest in my opinion. I wish I knew what adventures were planned for the solo dwarf and wizard.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Drew » January 14th, 2020, 7:28 am

lestodante wrote:There are also a discussion on BoardGameGeek!

can you link me up? cant find it.

Also if there are more info on those Id love to know :). Any links would be useful.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby torilen » January 14th, 2020, 10:14 am

Great idea - as it always is - but what in the world would be the price on that sucker?
Their remake of fireball island is selling for $75 right this very moment. In 1985, when
Fireball Island came out, it was what...a $20 game? That's roughly $48 in today's money.

Of course, I understand things a really a bit more expensive than "today's money" typically
comes out to - games, in particular, seem to be horribly expensive. This is why I do not
own any new games.

But if that is the case, what would be the market for a HQ remake, if they were able
to do it - or even just publishing official expansions using the HQ name and such, which
we've been through before and I highly doubt they would be able to do. If Fireball Island
is $75, anything for HQ could easily be well over $100-$120+. You can get real, actual
expansions for HQ for less than that...sometimes you can even get the entire game system
for $200, if you're lucky.

Not trying to be a downer - but everyone gets so excited about remakes and real expansions
and such, and there have been numerous "news" and "attempts" and all that over the past
few years...every single one a let down that didn't follow through.

And in case no one has kept up with it - I just looked it up - remember HQ was owned by
Mood Design, who published HQ material for Glorantha? They merged with Chaosium.
The wiki page says they have been experience financial troubles, but they are a fairly
major rpg company, and it says they continue to publish material for HQ. So, it is highly
unlikely anyone will be publishing official "Heroquest" material any time soon. If they can
find a way of letting people know their products are meant as an expansion, without stating
it outright (which would be illegal), then hey - we can all hope for the best.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 14th, 2020, 4:36 pm

Drew wrote:
lestodante wrote:There are also a discussion on BoardGameGeek!

can you link me up? cant find it.

Also if there are more info on those Id love to know :). Any links would be useful.

Found some for ya. First, a related pic by the guy who has some of the unreleased figures (Skyknight of Heroscapers and Old Scratch's.) He never posted pics of the unreleased 4-ups because of a promise made to the Hasbro gifter. As I recall, Mr. Bistro of Heroscapers (and also Plaid Hat Games contributor) also has some 4-ups and maybe one other (maybe Grunge Bob of Heroscapers?)
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659322/heroquest
Pay attention to how Skyknight refers to other unreleased sculpts:
Toco (an Inn member as well as from Old Scratch) made these posts:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/696142/complete-story

If you can search on your own you may find more.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items