• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Making a modern HeroQuest font

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Making a modern HeroQuest font

Postby Count Mohawk » November 6th, 2015, 1:03 pm

So here's an updated list of every single icon I have so far:

The only things I can think of that I'm missing right now are dedicated Body Point and Mind Point icons, although the Heart and Diamond at the very bottom sub in for them very well. In addition, I think I've figured out the issue with Photoshop and custom fonts. Basically, I was putting the icons in the wrong place in the font map. For the moment, my test icons are working correctly.

So if no one else has anything they want to add, OR if no one wants me to move the order of the icons around (as if that makes any difference in the long run), I can make this ready to publish in whatever font we want to edit.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » November 6th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Awesome. I can totally work with that once I've figured out PS.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 6th, 2015, 1:48 pm

No, they're great! Thanks!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » November 6th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Behold, HQModern.TTF now exists!

I tested the font with both of my Photoshops and have not had any problems. If your Photoshop gives you troubles, leave a message after the tone and I'll see what I can do about it.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 6th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Big thanks to Mohawk for your work on this.

And this brings us around to what I started years ago :)

I can confirm that Photoshop 5.0LE doesn't like it, but what do you expect from a program which is almost old enough to vote?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 6th, 2015, 4:51 pm

If i would live in the western normandie,
i would now put you on a round shield, bring you anywhere you want, and beat up some romans! :D Thanks!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » November 6th, 2015, 5:10 pm

slev wrote:Big thanks to Mohawk for your work on this.

And this brings us around to what I started years ago :)

I can confirm that Photoshop 5.0LE doesn't like it, but what do you expect from a program which is almost old enough to vote?

You should get CS2. I put the instructions to download it for free somewhere on this forum. I'd link you but I can't do links from mobile.

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 6th, 2015, 7:12 pm

I was just going to pick up a cheap outdated copy of Elements on ebay for very little. Will do so once I know what this works on.

I'm aiming for something that will actually run on Win7Pro64, without having to be booted in a WinXP virtual machine.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 7th, 2015, 3:53 am

First feedback:

I was re-doing my set of base game spells. It became apparent, that sometimes the symbol had to be 2 points bigger than the rest of the font.

That's the case for the discard symbol, the book (for mastery)and the last drop shape at least

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 7th, 2015, 6:05 am

I remember having a similar problem with ArialHQR back in the day. Biff re-scaled the icons on that one as a result.

I don't think this is the case for all the icons, we should go through and look.

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion