• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » October 15th, 2020, 11:46 pm

also... I did not know that fungi orcs was only 40k... that was my favorite thing about warhammer orcs in general and the fact that it isn't even true for 1/2 of them makes me sad. [More races should be less human]
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Pancho » October 16th, 2020, 2:15 am

lestodante wrote:Leaked cards for the Druid! Unfortunately they were later replaced with the actual ones to follow the new character's restyling. :lol:

These made me smile. If I ever arrive late to a game and I’m forced to play with the Extinction Rebellion Druid, then I’m insisting that I use these cards instead.


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 10:43 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Cael Darkhollow » October 16th, 2020, 2:25 am

Orc26 wrote:also... I did not know that fungi orcs was only 40k... that was my favorite thing about warhammer orcs in general and the fact that it isn't even true for 1/2 of them makes me sad. [More races should be less human]

When they started 40K it was literally Warhammer but in SPAAAAACE AAAAAACE AAAAACE(echoes in a tin can) some pure fantasy concepts like dwarfs (called stubbies) quickly got the ax and were discontinued, while Goblins (Gobbos or Gretchen) and Orcs (spelled Orks) inexplicably remained (why no bizarre new space alien creations instead?) but had to have an explanation as to why they spread to every planet like a disease, so the fungus spores reproduction method was dreamt up. Also to give it distance from fantasy Warhammer orcs. It was several editions later before 40K stopped being just Warhammer Fantasy in Spaaaaaaaace and really developed intriguing setting stories and started outselling Fantasy products by a long shot. Now it is GW's main cash cow.
I never used Orks, thought it was dumb to exploit fantasy tropes in space or explain them with this planet is primitive and medieval or whatever excuse, or Mad Max road warrior them. I just bought strictly Space Marines, Tyrannids, Necrons and Eldar. My Eldar were my Predators I only selected models with helmets (no elves in space for me), Necrons were my Terminators, and 'nids are obviously ALIENS. Tau are cool but came after my time collecting 40K, and I never collected Chaos warriors in Spaaaaaace either. I bought quite a few 40k figs and books, but I was way more into WH fantasy and bought nearly everything that came out pretty much.
I have never played the Space Crusade board game, the 40k version of what the HeroQuest boardgame is to Warhammer Fantasy. I did get all the versions of Space Hulk board game though. I wonder why there was never a space version equivalent of Battlemasters?
I'm sad to see that the GW fantasy world will no longer be a part of HeroQuest, but the HeroQuest rerelease and possibly new material is still a win regardless. Mine will always be placed in that setting though.
Image
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
User avatar
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 396
Images: 0
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Goblin-King » October 16th, 2020, 3:20 am

Cael Darkhollow wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
Doug Hopkins wrote:Nikki Dawes’s art features a tiger-like arm and claws, which inspired me to endow this new hero with a shapeshifting spell.

That's a terrible way to design! The first thing you learn in game design college is that form follows function.
Also notice that her entire theme is plants - None of her spells are plant based :roll:


Snicker snicker :lol:
first druid in history without plant spells, bwahahaha...ahem.
Back to the drawing board.

I just realized the other druid the artist drew would be a much MUCH better fit for this mechanic.
I would really like if the druid spells were extended to 6 or 7 different spells, where you pick 3. That way you could kinda "spec" her to go either full shapeshift or focus more on plant stuff.
Binding vines
Bramble armour
Toxic Pollen

Also for all you old school cool cats.
This is the model for you to smack on a HeroQuest base.
He is old shcool - he is plastic - He is Games Workshop He is... AMBER WIZARD!
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Pancho » October 16th, 2020, 6:12 am

That’s an absolutely perfect Druid for classic Heroquest. Good find!


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 10:43 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby FainFlynn » October 16th, 2020, 8:01 am

lestodante wrote:Leaked cards for the Druid! Unfortunately they were later replaced with the actual ones to follow the new character's restyling. :lol:


For the plank one, you should have added "Lasts one turn, but feels like an eternity"

Otherwise, brilliant!! (not rude, funny).
FainFlynn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 200
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 5:47 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Fallensaviour » October 16th, 2020, 8:47 am

Goblin-King wrote:
Cael Darkhollow wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
Doug Hopkins wrote:Nikki Dawes’s art features a tiger-like arm and claws, which inspired me to endow this new hero with a shapeshifting spell.

That's a terrible way to design! The first thing you learn in game design college is that form follows function.
Also notice that her entire theme is plants - None of her spells are plant based :roll:


Snicker snicker :lol:
first druid in history without plant spells, bwahahaha...ahem.
Back to the drawing board.

I just realized the other druid the artist drew would be a much MUCH better fit for this mechanic.
I would really like if the druid spells were extended to 6 or 7 different spells, where you pick 3. That way you could kinda "spec" her to go either full shapeshift or focus more on plant stuff.
Binding vines
Bramble armour
Toxic Pollen

Also for all you old school cool cats.
This is the model for you to smack on a HeroQuest base.
He is old shcool - he is plastic - He is Games Workshop He is... AMBER WIZARD!
Image


That is the perfect old school Druid,however;Thanks to you his price has now tripled and will be increasingly harder to find on E-bay as the entire community scrambles to obtain several copies of him...lol


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 234
Joined: March 1st, 2016, 11:26 pm
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Stairwell » October 16th, 2020, 9:26 am

I think I have that druid, that's the guy that came with one of the talisman expansions yeah?

I don't mind the new characters but I can't disagree they have a different "feel" to existing HQ. Maybe more at home in descent?

Don't mind a bard though, played through the original bards tale a few months back, my bard was a murder machine after a few tough initial dungeon crawls.
Stairwell

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 49
Joined: March 20th, 2014, 9:03 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Oftkilted » October 16th, 2020, 9:58 am

Stairwell wrote:Don't mind a bard though, played through the original bards tale a few months back, my bard was a murder machine after a few tough initial dungeon crawls.

Were you killing them softly, with his songs?
Or was it more stabbing?

(I’ll show myself out ...)
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 373
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 2:04 pm
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby warlordaxe » October 16th, 2020, 11:00 am

Orc26 wrote:also... I did not know that fungi orcs was only 40k... that was my favorite thing about warhammer orcs in general and the fact that it isn't even true for 1/2 of them makes me sad. [More races should be less human]


They are fungi/animal hybrids in Warhammer Fantasy/AOS as well.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Greenskins

REPRODUCTION
The Greenskins are hybrids of animal and fungal lifeforms and reproduce by means of spores being continuously released from the Greenskin's body.

When these spores take root, the infant greenskin is formed underground and once fully matured, it would dig its way to the surface under the dome of a shrivelled mushroom cap.

This is the entire basis of the Greenskin ecosystem, producing first Squigs, then Snotlings who cultivate the Squigs and the fungus they feed on, then Goblins to build the Greenskin settlements, and finally the Orcs themselves. This means the Greenskins, wherever they go, will have an abundance of food, slaves and other resources, a moving ecosystem that supports them as they unleash their WAAAGH! across the known world.
All life begins with Nu, and ends with Nu...
User avatar
warlordaxe

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 20
Joined: October 24th, 2019, 11:24 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron