Oh... look I dicovered an early version of the Druid too...
Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
lestodante wrote:Druid with shorts, orc-bard-hero placing a hand on his heart....![]()
Oh... look I dicovered an early version of the Druid too...


Leathaface79 wrote:New Goal Unlocks loaded up to 3m. Bard Hero doesn’t have a Goal.


lestodante wrote:Leathaface79 wrote:New Goal Unlocks loaded up to 3m. Bard Hero doesn’t have a Goal.
sincerely I hope the bard orc will not reach its goal...


Pancho wrote:Orc26 wrote:I get the feel that their guest designers haven't played HeroQuest...
HQ has a very good/bad alignment structure. There are goodguys and badguys. Sometimes the goodguys get corrupted and become badguys, and sometimes badguys get decapitated and become undead badguys. Why do you have to add misunderstoodguys? How does that make it better?
The new writers and artists don’t understand Heroquest in my opinion. I was reading the intro by the the D&D guy who’s writing the Spirit Queen Quest and he is keen to introduce orcs as allies, as well as hark “back to a time when orcs had powerful magic” or something. What, he’s never heard of Grawshak or played Wizards of Morcar? Heroquest had weight behind it because it was based in a grim Warhammer world which already had a lot of flesh on it. You knew the orcs were evil and could be spell-casters. You certainly didn’t have to worry about their feelings or listen to them sing.
Folks are glad to get new content after all these years, but I stand by the comment I made weeks ago that just because it’s got the official label slapped on it, it won’t necessarily be something you’ll want to play. So far we’ve had an orc bard Hero, a gym-going Druid based on a succulent, and a Halfling that’s infected with a demon who can fly all over the dungeon. It’s all over the place conceptually.
I’m still really looking forward to Bakers quests though.








arntisdale wrote:For those who don't like the orc bard, it's pretty easy to proxy in another mini for a bard, so long as you don't mind a lack of the 'perfectly matching' style. Then the new orc bard... is the boss orc that you've been missing! A charismatic leader orc that grunts inspiring commands to his fellow greenskins!
I know this has been said already, but the druid girl doesn't quite look like grimdark dungeon material. She's a slightly chubby, minimally clothed magic babe. Maybe she'll offset that with the ability to summon nature-allies somehow?
... not bad lookin' though ...




Return to General HeroQuest Discussion
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests