benvoliothefirst wrote:Welcome Mizebo and thanks for sharing the link! Seems like many are confused as to how to get to the new info quickly.
3 new spells! Did not see that coming. And I don't think anyone is going to be convinced by "only the warlock can buy this thing."
Interesting. We're finally getting into new content here, and it's exciting (for "official gameplay" idea reasons). I really didn't think they would get this far so quickly, to be honest. They even titled the info page "playtest" so hopefully they mean it. We don't want a repeat of the issues with the EQP/BQP seemingly not being tested before release... !
So a Warlock is goodevil (what is that, D&D fans, chaotic good?)...
The Demonform spell seems a nice spin (with the recharge for kills option) on Potion of Airwalk/Rabbit Boots + a weaker Potion of Strength. I am glad to see Fear officially becoming a Hero spell option in some form, and the wings one is reminiscent of Escape combined with a damage cancel (Dispel / Potion of Magic Resistance). These of course are cool, though I'd rather see more classic Hero Quest stuff brought in first, I'm sure it was easier to do this than re-create a whole 'nother quest pack with all new miniatures (wonder if there were any licensing issues with the two extra NA packs?). Where are my Ogres???
The buying mechanic seems silly. Why not just say "only the Warlock knows how to use it"? Seems it would be simpler and more believable. Besides, if only she can buy it, what if she gives it to the Wizard or Elf, can they use it? What if another Hero has more gold and wants to buy it FOR the Warlock, they can't? Since she's got Wizard restrictions, who gets the Wizard's Staff/Cloak, first come first-serve? Or is the "Cloak of Protection" going to be a purchasable item here (for any Hero or just the Wizard as in the EU version that had Equipment cards... plus this new character)? If it IS usable by any Hero, they should jack up the price, to avoid it making Chainmail superfluous (since the Pits of Darkness only appear in the Expansions we're not getting remakes of).

I guess my thinking this far had been that this project was already in the can, that they were just dangling it in front of us as the funds rolled in, but it sounds like the game is still in active development. Well if that's the case and they're listening to suggestions from actual fans... then I say send them your feedback!
Balance is important, so is fun (obvious), and keeping it as much as possible with the spirit of the original (in terms of rules, since obviously in terms of miniature art, they've kind of done their own thing thus far).
I never actually played the "Hero Quest II: Legacy of Sorasil" PC game, but judging by the content others have posted (and watching videos of it), it sounds like they inserted a lot of "we-couldn't-really-think-of-anything-so-here's-this-thing-from-D&D" type stuff. The Mystic character had some "Chaos" type spells mixed in with her options, or at least that's how I adapted it in my fan mod of the character. I'm also reminded of some of Ethica's content at the Inn, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.