• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » September 29th, 2020, 9:45 am

ROTWL was great. Half my heroes (that had survived ROTWL and all 14 regular quests) died in KK. As a sore loser back then I had a hard time getting back into the game after playing it hardcore for awhile.

Then again, this was the NA version and we didn't even know about the other quest packs that were available in Europe, and had only heard about EQP/BQP from ads and never played them. I have since played a few of the ATOH quests, but there were only 7 of those, not 8.

GS: 14 (+1 if you count "Dark Company" in Advanced Quest edition released only in the EU, which was a advertised as a "14 part" quest, which was really like 4 quests in one; "the maze" wasn't anything we saw in the US)

KK: 10
ROTWL: 10

EQP: 10
BQP: 10

ATOH: 7
WOM: 5

For an extra million bucks, I would certainly RATHER see a "pack" of 10-14 quests, but we really have no idea. It might just be one, for all we know. "Pack" to me implies more than one. But we can't assume 10, just because that is what we'd hope for!

As this seems meant to mirror the US release, I would "hope" it means at least 10, but no proof, no guarantee...


From the official page (accessed 9/29/20):

Frequently Asked Questions

What’s in the box?

You can expect updated versions of Miniatures, Tiles/Markers, Character Cards, Combat Dice, Movement Dice, Gameboard, Character Sheets, Quest Books, Rules of Play, Sorcerer Screen, Turn Cards, and Game Cards.
What version of the rules are you using?

We have an updated (U.S. version) rule book. You can expect that there will be only minor changes to this resource. New rules will be added to the heroes in our Mythic Tier unlocks.
Are the quest books the same?

We have updated (U.S. version) quest books. You can expect that there will be only minor changes to this resource. New quest books could be added to our Mythic Tier unlocks if we meet those funding goals.
What is the estimated ship date?

If the campaign is successfully backed, we currently estimate shipments of HeroQuest to begin in Fall 2021.

Guest Designers

Teos Abadia

When designing The Spirit Queen's Torment, I was inspired to create a narrative that was exciting to the players, creating interesting locations and unexpected situations. Just as importantly, I wanted the narrative to feel compelling as a story. I hope that players will be captivated by unraveling the mystery of the Spirit Queen and in deciding how the tale should end. Lastly, I wanted to help create the sense of a larger world, with ancient orc kingdoms that once mastered magic, and to give a new voice and perspective to the orcs as allies and heroes.


Stephen Baker

Ever had an opportunity to reconnect with your younger self?

I have. Hasbro recently asked if I would be interested in designing a bonus Quest Book to accompany the re-launch of HeroQuest. Wow! I had not written a HeroQuest adventure in over 28 years. The memories of my early career came flooding back. I pictured myself sat at my old desk. I thought back to the R&D team and all the great people I used to work with. How things have changed. There were only a few computers in the department and prototypes were put together with black and white photocopies, markers and paste. I tried to recall, how did I used to work back then? What was my design process? What went through my mind when I literally put pen to paper? I thought about it and smiled. Nothings really changed. I begin by imagining how I want the players to feel. I picture a game being played and ask myself, what moment will make this a memory forever. Of course, I was interested in writing a new HeroQuest adventure! This was going to be fun. I get to take the baton from my younger self. I get to work again on a game that is dear to my heart. This was going to be just like the old days. Though I like to think the passing years have given me a few more tricks up my sleeve.


Nikki Dawes

When I was asked to create the druid character, I knew I wanted to start with a succulent. They are hardy, drought-resistant plants, which I thought was a good fit for a strong and battle-ready character. I also wanted to keep a lot of rounded shapes in the overall design to contrast with other characters. I included this with the way her hair wraps around the succulent headpiece, the rounded forms of the braid itself, the curved lines of her body markings, and her soft body shape. I also wanted to keep her clothing simple and something that she could quickly move around in, so I actually based her simple leather top and bottoms on gym clothes (with some fancy leaf adornments).


Shauna Nakasone

Initial idea for the warlock to be a halfling is that they are rarely portrayed as scary/intimidating and wanted to play around with that with the warlock archetype. I wanted her to have a bit of a regal demeanor, giving her layers of custom fitted clothing of mixed materials ( treated leather, wispy taffeta and a thick base velvety skirt. The wrap around her upper torso and waist was to give a punch of color as well have an article of clothing that would hold the same spellcaster article of clothing as a cloak but keep the fitted silhouette (also it can be seen from all angles of the 3d figure). The demonic influence shows itself through the crystallization of the right eye socket and arm. For me crystal growth is a bit creepy/unnerving, a little otherworldly. , it grows and can be invasive, something usually associated with organic materials (fungus, plants, flesh) also that it seems both random and orderly(also I like that it’s translucent and can play around with hight and glow coming from it as well as through it. The black double pupiled eyes on the face and the top of the hand I wanted to get though that it wasn’t a random occurrence but, came from the will of an entity. The color of the crystal/magic is to get across an otherworldly-ness, power, as well as a bit of sickness that comes from being evenly yellow/green. As far as the background I wanted a space that was castle/fortress-like, architectural touches that suggest a lich or other powerful spellcaster, something that may be a target for our warlock. The idea of the demonic influence


It literally cuts off mid-sentence! Oh well... [Edit: this last sentence fragment was removed from the page. Must have been a typo then...]

What You Get

The Heroic Tier includes the core HeroQuest game system (featuring 71 highly detailed character and furniture miniatures) as well as 4 bonus hero miniatures and 1 exclusive miniature only available during the HasLab campaign.
The Heroes
Barbarian
Dwarf
Elf
Wizard

Digital concepts shown throughout. Actual product may vary.
Pulse Bonus
Barbarian
Dwarf
Elf
Wizard
Limited Time Exclusives!
Sir Ragnar

The Heroic Tier features the fan-favorite character Sir Ragnar. This version of the character miniature will only be available during this campaign!

76 Core Miniatures!

71 Base + 4 Bonus + 1 Limited Time Exclusive
The Monsters
Gargoyle
Dread Sorcerer
Dread Warriors
Skeletons
Orcs
Goblins
Mummies
Zombies
Abominations
Dungeon Decor
Doors
Tomb
Sorcerer's Table
Rack
Weapons Rack
Tables
Bookcases
Cupboard
Treasure Chests
Fireplace
Throne
Alchemist's Bench
Rats & Skulls

Pledge now to get the Heroic Tier offer which includes the core game (featuring 71 highly detailed character and furniture miniatures) as well as 4 bonus hero miniatures and 1 exclusive Sir Ragnar miniature only available during the HasLab campaign.

Heroic Tier
$99.99
--------

What You Get

The Mythic Tier includes the Heroic Tier offer (featuring 71 highly detailed character and furniture miniatures as well as 4 bonus hero miniatures and 1 exclusive miniature only available during the HasLab campaign) as well as 2 game expansions, 2 more exclusive figures, and all available unlocks.

Return of the Witch Lord

The Witch Lord lives! His foul sorcery has protected him from the power of the Spirit Blade. You must move fast if you are to stop him from raising a legion of undead.
Reinforced Door
Iron Door
Limited Time Exclusives!
Mentor & Wizard Hero Card
Witch Lord

Kellar's Keep

Do you dare to delve into the depths of Kellar’s Keep? Crawling with sinister monsters and menacing goblins…are you brave enough to make the journey? The first HeroQuest expansion features more miniatures for your collection as well as 10 new epic adventures to test the power of your heroes!

Pledge now to get the Mythic Tier offer which includes the Heroic Tier (featuring 71 highly detailed character and furniture miniatures as well as 4 bonus hero miniatures and 1 exclusive miniature only available during the HasLab campaign) as well as 2 game expansions, 2 more exclusive figures, and all available unlocks.*
Mythic Tier

Plus Unlocks!
$149.99
-----------

Mythic Tier Unlocks
*Below unlocks available when stretch goals are met

$1.2m
Warlock Hero by Shauna Nakasone

$1.4m
6 Extra Combat Dice

$1.6m
2 Extra Skeletons [Reached]

$1.8m
2 Extra Goblins

$2.0m
Quest Book by Stephen Baker Prophecy of Telor


Again, from the official page (this is what we know):
HeroQuest Game System

$1,669,036 Pledged

Target $1,000,000
Funded
Heroic Tier - $99.99
Mythic Tier - $149.99
[]I agree to the Terms of Service and the Shipping & Return Policy. I hereby authorize Hasbro to charge my payment method for the above amount on November 6, 2020. For more information, see our FAQs.
This campaign will move into production when it reaches its minimum backing goal. We will stop taking backers at 11:59 PM EST on 11.06.2020.
Shipping Policy
Return Policy

Click or tap outside the My Cart pop-up to add more than 1 quantity to your cart

Not available to ship to Quebec, Canada.
Deep inside another dimension, face battling barbarians and evil magic on a quest for adventure in a maze of monsters. This is HeroQuest, the fantasy adventure game, where winning means mastering the art of combat and magic. Once you get into it, you'll never be the same.


So that's about 11,127 copies (going by the bigger priced package) ? Hope it's not a "limited run." The packs ought to be available separately, for those who decide to purchase them later after the game system... just saying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kurgan on October 1st, 2020, 11:57 am, edited 5 times in total.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7112
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Pancho » September 29th, 2020, 10:27 am

Yeah Ogres was 7 quests, not 8. My bad.


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 10:43 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » September 29th, 2020, 10:30 am

Oddly enough I thought of making an 8th quest, to tie it into the next pack. ;) I'm sure I wasn't the only one.


Looking at the Remake images (and again assuming the digital concepts reflect the finished product) the Hero Cards are now called "turn cards" and are the same size as the other cards, rather than being big cardboard tiles.

Of course when we saw the original adverts for classic HeroQuest they game looked different than it does now (the front card artwork was in color, text for fire of wrath had changed, doors looked different, dice had different design, and bases were round... and in some fliers the miniatures were even painted).


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7112
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby GimmeYerGold » September 29th, 2020, 12:11 pm

One thing worth noting from the Hasbro Pulsecon Heroquest panel, when referring to the 2 expansions offered (RotWL, and KK), Joe Manganiello mentioned 28 Quests, implying that additional quests are added to each of those packs to have them match the number of quests from the core system.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Treasurer
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 749
Images: 1
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby AerynB » September 29th, 2020, 12:21 pm

I figured he didn't know what he was talking about and that maybe he was misremembering the KK and WL expansions. But none of the other panelists contradicted him so maybe you're right. He just seemed way overexcited about the Ragnar sculpt (and all the minis in general) and I would have preferred if they talked more about things that weren't on the campaign website or addressed worldwide shipping or future store release. I would have liked him to actually moderate and hear less of him talking and more of the designers talking. I don't know, I wasn't very impressed with that 30 minutes and I think that's coloring my take on it.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 197
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Location: Missouri
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » September 29th, 2020, 12:33 pm

AerynB wrote:I figured he didn't know what he was talking about and that maybe he was misremembering the KK and WL expansions. But none of the other panelists contradicted him so maybe you're right. He just seemed way overexcited about the Ragnar sculpt (and all the minis in general) and I would have preferred if they talked more about things that weren't on the campaign website or addressed worldwide shipping or future store release. I would have liked him to actually moderate and hear less of him talking and more of the designers talking. I don't know, I wasn't very impressed with that 30 minutes and I think that's coloring my take on it.


This. All the this. I watched it again hoping that I was misremembering it and am even more this now.

RotWL is probably my favorite expansion and I feel that if they add 4 quests to it bad things will happen (Read as: I have no faith that they will not QUACK it up).
KK is already too long as it is and I don't see how adding 4 more quests will fix it.
I'm actively hoping that Mr. Manganello didn't know what he was talking about (or he accidentally revealed that Mr. Baker's quest book is 8 quests long... 10+10+8= 28)
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Pancho » September 29th, 2020, 1:01 pm

What are the “turn cards”? I haven’t had the chance to delve into the new info yet.


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 10:43 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby elvyler » September 29th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Pancho wrote:What are the “turn cards”? I haven’t had the chance to delve into the new info yet.

I thought that the turn cards would just be cards with the info that is on the back of the big hero tiles. I didn't see anything like that pictured though,so who knows. Maybe they didn't have something to show for those yet.
User avatar
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 191
Joined: May 5th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » September 29th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Just had another thought. Are we going to get double of the 'special' doors? (One set in KK and one set in RotWL)
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby elvyler » September 29th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Orc26 wrote:Just had another thought. Are we going to get double of the 'special' doors? (One set in KK and one set in RotWL)

I see the doors displayed in both expansions. This might be another hint that they are planning to sell them separately in the future, either online or at retailers, otherwise they would only need one set.
User avatar
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 191
Joined: May 5th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests