• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » September 28th, 2020, 5:58 pm

My assumption was that it would be 10 quests... I have no good reason to think that, but when Jason pulls things out of his ass he goes big.
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby lestodante » September 28th, 2020, 6:04 pm

tb55555 wrote:The Spirit Queen's Torment - Questbook
Joe Manganiello Questbook - $4,000,000


Where did they talk about this Spirit Queen questpack? I didn't notice it. :?


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Wrote an article for the Blog. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2840
Images: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 9:40 am
Location: Italy
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby tb55555 » September 28th, 2020, 6:07 pm

lestodante wrote:
tb55555 wrote:The Spirit Queen's Torment - Questbook
Joe Manganiello Questbook - $4,000,000


Where did they talk about this Spirit Queen questpack? I didn't notice it. :?


Read the bio's at the bottom of the page (https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system). Teos Abadia wrote it.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Zombie
Zombie
 
Posts: 38
Joined: December 16th, 2017, 1:59 pm
Location: PA, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Leathaface79 » September 28th, 2020, 9:01 pm

tb55555 wrote:Since the first day and funding it has averaged about $100,000 a day. It will slow down at some point, but should pick back up near the end.


It already has but it's close to leveling out, it will increase near the end, but not by much. I'd be surprised if it gets over $80,000 in a day the rest of the way (not unless they open it up to Europe which would probably beat Day 1 US sales).

Day 1: $1,000,000 (actually hit 1 million 30min before 24 hours)
Day 2: $267,000 in Sales
Day 3: $151,000 in Sales
Day 4: $102,000 in Sales
Day 5: $65,000 in Sales
Day 6: $52,500 in Sales

If it averages $40,000/day the rest of the way it will clear $3,100,000.
Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 93
Joined: February 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Rath of Un » September 28th, 2020, 9:14 pm

Leathaface79 wrote:If it averages $40,000/day the rest of the way it will clear $3,100,000.



I'll be Happy if it passes the 2Mil Mark and we get the extra content. I am looking forward to the finished product!


Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Rath of Un

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 170
Joined: November 5th, 2009, 11:35 pm
Location: IOWA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby GimmeYerGold » September 28th, 2020, 10:34 pm

Darkfox190 wrote:Does anyone have a link to a recording of the HeroQuest panels from Pulsecon? I wasn't able to watch live and I can't find videos, just people talking about what was covered. I'd like to see it myself.


Worry not! They've uploaded the streams to their YT page.
The HQ segment starts around 1:58:00, and STEPHEN BAKER is at 2:18:30 :D :D :D

Enjoy! ;)

While I'm here I just wanted to give my :2cents: and concur with what a lot of folks might have already said:

For all the years we've pined away for more official Heroquest content, making and sharing our own here, Heroquest IS BACK, and Stephen Baker is on board!! :barbarian: Sure, the style is updated, but the quests, the mechanics, the :redheart: of what makes Heroquest so fun to gather round and play with your friends is ALIVE AND WELL and so long as the community supports it, it will continue to live on in a way we've only daydreamed about until now.

Hasbro knows they need our lifelong fanbase for this to be successful, and we've already seen constructive criticism result in real change with the much-lowered Canadian shipping. I know it's a big ask for folks outside the US and Canada to support and spread the word on something they can't purchase just yet, but with more support, and more constructive feedback from the community, maybe we can steer this in a way to impact the greatest good! :skull: :skull: :skull:

They're also inviting new ideas just like we do here by including modified rules, new heroes, and guest quest creators. Who knows? Maybe in the way LEGO Ideas creations go on to become official products, now more than ever, we're closer to the possibility that any one of us here could see their fan creations developed into official Heroquest expansions! :gargoyle: There's so much to get excited about here!

I'll close by saying that when Stephen Baker speaks about how he created Heroquest, I get warm fuzzies :D it reminds me of just why this game of heroic questing is so amazing outside of its own time, and why it's worthwhile to bring it back now. Before I get too misty-eyed to keep typing, I want to encourage everyone here to reach out to your inner 10-year old self and remember the first time you said, "Zargon, open that door!", the first time you put pencil to a blank quest map, or the first time you celebrated a victory (or defeat!) with your friends or family, another world unfolded before your eyes, and your imagination was forever enriched.

Keep the Quest Alive! :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Treasurer
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 749
Images: 1
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » September 29th, 2020, 12:21 am

Insert complaints that we are not at $2M in pre-orders yet so I can see the next few Mythic bonuses (and probably be unimpressed by them).
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby ajjohnsen » September 29th, 2020, 7:55 am

My assumption is that any unlocked "Quest Books" will be a minimum of 10 quests. We had the base game quest book at 14 quests, and then RotWL, KK were 10 quests as well. I don't own any of the other ones but I think they're all 10 quests too right?

Id wager an absolute minimum of 8 quests in an of the new books and maybe, likely, more than that for each one. The only way it'd be less is if they're released all in the same book as mini-quests. Then I could see them being 3 or 4 each, but that would be a massive disappointment for me


Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 139
Joined: December 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm
Location: USA - Pennsylvania
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » September 29th, 2020, 8:39 am

A promise is a promise, a tease is a tease. So for right now we're going to get at least one new quest for $150 minimum, possibly two (if we go over $2 mill, right now it's at $1.6 mill). I'd love it if they made a bunch of more quests, but I'll believe it when I see it. We have plenty of quests to play, but yes, it would certainly be cool to have something "official" that was made by the people who worked on the original games.
Last edited by Kurgan on September 29th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7112
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Pancho » September 29th, 2020, 9:25 am

ajjohnsen wrote:My assumption is that any unlocked "Quest Books" will be a minimum of 10 quests. We had the base game quest book at 14 quests, and then RotWL, KK were 10 quests as well. I don't own any of the other ones but I think they're all 10 quests too right?

Id wager an absolute minimum of 8 quests in an of the new books and maybe, likely, more than that for each one. The only way it'd be less is if they're released all in the same book as mini-quests. Then I could see them being 3 or 4 each, but that would be a massive disappointment for me

Against the Ogre Horde was 8 quests, and Wizards of Morcar was only 5. The Elf & Barbarian packs were both 10 quests though.

But we're really in uncharted territory now, (((they))) can do whatever they want with this. I'm not so bothered by the number of quests as I am by the content. ATOH had 8 but it was still a really solid adventure, whereas the 10 for KK was arguably too much (some people have said that it was that pack which killed off their Heroquest gaming group).


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 10:43 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests