• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 9th, 2021, 6:11 pm

My package arrived, minutes ago. Total incompetence... I have a clearly marked mail room in my complex but the delivery person didn't knock, didn't ring the bell, didn't text me, just set the package out in the open on the back staircase to my building by the trash cans.

Thankfully I got it before any Porch Pirates could notice the 14 pound box marked "TOYS - AVALON HILL MYTHIC."

It was only an hour late, but I did see my email showed it "delivered." So much for the "required signature."

Let the rest of you beware...


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby j_dean80 » November 9th, 2021, 9:58 pm

I received 2 of 3 orders today. About to open one up.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner


Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Wrote an article for the Blog. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2412
Images: 30
Joined: December 6th, 2016, 2:48 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 9th, 2021, 10:16 pm

Nice! I'll update the info on the big unboxing thread!


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kimarous » November 10th, 2021, 1:18 am

Well, I heard some frustrating news on my end.

Apparently, Canadian backers won't receive anything until after the Americans get their own copies. Who the hell knows how long THAT will take?
User avatar
Kimarous

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 22
Joined: November 7th, 2020, 1:43 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby elvyler » November 10th, 2021, 1:32 am

Kimarous wrote:Well, I heard some frustrating news on my end.

Apparently, Canadian backers won't receive anything until after the Americans get their own copies. Who the hell knows how long THAT will take?


Sounds like they won't be sending any Mythic shipments to Canada until they finish the Heroic shipments in US.
User avatar
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 191
Joined: May 5th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby iKarith » November 10th, 2021, 1:56 am

:oops: Re the broken dragon, that's really crappy! :x

The pictures I've seen of the glue errors look pretty fixable and the dragon should be as well. But I think they could've and should've been packed a little better so as not to need repair.

The bendy bent pieces … wish that weren't necessary given the rather death-grippy styrene trays people are talking about, but given the state of the art, I expect to need to heat, bend, and cool them like Hasbro/WizKids or Reaper Bones minis. Given the state of the art, I sort of expect to have to fix that.

The glue errors … we shouldn't have to fix those, but we can. But pieces shouldn't be snapped off in the boxes.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.


Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
User avatar
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 623
Joined: February 14th, 2021, 12:42 pm
Location: Portlandia
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Shadzar » November 10th, 2021, 2:08 am

Kurgan wrote:My package arrived, minutes ago. Total incompetence... I have a clearly marked mail room in my complex but the delivery person didn't knock, didn't ring the bell, didn't text me, just set the package out in the open on the back staircase to my building by the trash cans.

Thankfully I got it before any Porch Pirates could notice the 14 pound box marked "TOYS - AVALON HILL MYTHIC."

It was only an hour late, but I did see my email showed it "delivered." So much for the "required signature."

Let the rest of you beware...

more horror stories are also coming in..
https://old.reddit.com/r/Heroquest/comments/qqa33n/fedex_is_the_worst/hjyt60j/
Yourdeadlove 2 points 11 hours ago
I'm pretty pissed at FedEx right now.

1) Original Delivery 11/4 between 8am-230pm. - no one came by 2) Called support said it would be around 8pm. 3) Nothing so I called the next day (already took one day off work). They said it should be today 11/5, but it may be Monday or even Tuesday the following week. I change it to hold at a FedEx location so I don't have to worry about being home to sign. 4) I call on 11/8. No resolution other than its been sitting (supposedly) 5 min from my house at a depot since Friday. The rep said he needs to transfer me to the rep working on my case but when he transfers me it goes to their directory and I need to put in the guys number. Of course I don't have one and it hangs up on me after giving me 2 chances to put it in. 5) I call back today 11/9. Rep I talk to says there is no new information but it can be delivered at anytime. I am confused as it is supposed to be being held and I'm heading to work. She said per the shipper "Hasbro" we cannot hold the package (other people on this thread have done it so, not true?). It will arrive at anytime and there is no way of knowing. I ask to speak with the local dispatcher or her supervisor. Supervisor is busy and she can't transfer me to the local dispatcher. I call her out (I was told they can transfer you to the local dispatcher they are just coached not to or dont know how) on the bs. She then figures out how to. It rings for about 20 min. Then hangs up. 6) I call back again 11/9. Talk to an Anita (made sure to get the name this time) and she is very rude. Cuts me off while talking and seemed pissed before she even answered the phone. Whatever, I'm trying to get something done so I'll be nice till she stops helping me. She says she can't transfer me and that she escalated it. I ask what that means and she said she reached out to the local dispatcher. So I ask if I can reach out to them directly. She says no. I ask if my package is lost then. She says I have to wait 3 more days (total of 8) to reach out to hasbro and have them file a claim against FedEx. I ask to speak with the supervisor and she just stops talking. I keep asking if she is there etc for 10 min. Then she hangs up.

Conclusion: FedEx customer support has been the absolute worst I have had to deal with in a decade.


https://old.reddit.com/r/Heroquest/comments/qqb6aq/latest_fedex_update_aka_quest_delivery/
Image


They are sending tracking info for games still in shipping containers? Did HASBRO deliver them straight to FedEx so these containers are leaving the ship, stored and sorted, then being trucked to FedEx directly? This would explain why HASBRO CANNOT update people on their Pulse account because HASBRO has no information until FedEx sends it to them!

Kimarous wrote:Well, I heard some frustrating news on my end.

Apparently, Canadian backers won't receive anything until after the Americans get their own copies. Who the hell knows how long THAT will take?

This isnt new info. It was in the update Pulse did last week.
https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon-hill/heroquest-haslab-mythic-tier-first-look-shipping-updates
Code: Select all
Now for the less exciting news: Heroic Tier backers have a bit longer to wait. We’re sorry to announce that delays have affected the shipment of our Heroic Tier rewards and the timetable for their delivery has been extended. Currently those rewards are in a cargo container being shipped across the Pacific, which means they still have to reach port, get unloaded, and make it to our warehouse. Current estimates place the shipment of Heroic Tier rewards starting in December, but please note there is the possibility there could be future delays. Know that our team working hard to get the game to you as soon as we can.


Still stupid though especially since people are having problems getting their games delivered because HASBRO chose FedEx Home Delivery, so people are unable to get their game a work or like Jurgan just having people throw it somewhere and identity fraud the "direct signature required".

And maybe worse than not getting your game, getting it with missing pieces...


or damaged boards. water damage occured BEFORE placed into the shipping boxes it seems. So the damage occurred in China while packaging the shipping boxes.
https://old.reddit.com/r/Heroquest/comments/qqlxip/heroquest_arrived_terrible_damage/
Image
MSFW Reddit thread, as this person was given the run around by HASBRO customer care.
if you didn't open it we could have replaced it



looks like there might be a potential class action lawsuit against HASBRO for this, maybe one against FedEx also. FedEx for service issues, and HASBRO to get them to replace the games, not give people refunds.

I have yet to see anyone with damaged or missing pieces wanting a refund, everyone wants the product they paid for.
Shadzar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: November 15th, 2020, 10:08 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Shadzar » November 10th, 2021, 2:14 am

iKarith wrote:The glue errors … we shouldn't have to fix those, but we can. But pieces shouldn't be snapped off in the boxes.


No, they should have sent the damn pieces on the sprues like the skulls and let people assemble themselves. That would have been less chance for error just putting the sprues in the boxes, and would have taken less time to ship because they didn't have to wait for assembly, or the glue drying to begin shipping them. Its not like these are wooden meeples.
Shadzar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: November 15th, 2020, 10:08 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Shadzar » November 10th, 2021, 5:36 am

wallgreens is opening people's packages when FedEx drops them off there to be held. Looks like they also stole this person's copy of Kellar's Keep too.

https://twitter.com/ElricEdge/status/1458238542107209734
Super professional move by
@Walgreens
to open my FedEx mail and put my HeroQuest order on display for the public. Absolutely unbelievable.
Image


Opening the box alone could get Walgreens for tampering with "mail" which is a federal offense. The persons identification was on the outermost box, not inside individually. everyone has seen the shipping box labeled 1 pcs. in other words the entire box contains 1 thing, should not have been opened.

This entire FedEx thing is getting worse by the day.
Shadzar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: November 15th, 2020, 10:08 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Shadzar » November 10th, 2021, 5:58 am

keeping mini topics split for people to comment on the various things easier and not have to quote an entire series of things since most dont know how to trim down a quote...
artist posts the new art of the druid cards and the orc and druid images.

druid card art posted by the artist.
https://twitter.com/nikkidawesdraws/status/1456702672736854020
Image
Image
Why couldn't the druid look like this?
Image

druid and orc heroes:
https://twitter.com/nikkidawesdraws/status/1456702545762652160
Image

Image
Jaspor
Nov 5
Is... is that a half-orc pirate bard!?

Nikki Dawes
Full orc pirate bard!

Someone has been reading Ye Olde Inn. :?

I really want a Pixie mini, not the Oprah Winfrey from A Wrinkle in Time movie mini.

I wonder if the orc was something Teos and Nikki were working on for Critical Role, since Nikki does a lot for them, and Teos tried to steal Matt Mercer and his crew for the LAphaStream streaming service away from Twitch as an exclusive with "first distribution rights" but that failed.

Where exactly would the tentacles come from if not some sort of hentai that CR would do? I don't see a tentacle monster mini included, so the art doesnt fit HeroQuest. While being stupid for HQ, she does good art. .. except for druids, that still just looks nasty even without yoga pants.
https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system
Nikki Dawes
Nikki Dawes
Image
When I was asked to create the druid character, I knew I wanted to start with a succulent. They are hardy, drought-resistant plants, which I thought was a good fit for a strong and battle-ready character. I also wanted to keep a lot of rounded shapes in the overall design to contrast with other characters. I included this with the way her hair wraps around the succulent headpiece, the rounded forms of the braid itself, the curved lines of her body markings, and her soft body shape. I also wanted to keep her clothing simple and something that she could quickly move around in, so I actually based her simple leather top and bottoms on gym clothes (with some fancy leaf adornments).


"Gym clothes" concept still shows these people don't understand medieval fantasy, unless they are now in favor of Samuel Langhorne "Mark Twain" Clemmons writings such as "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court"? But I was pretty sure they didn't like old white men that used the N-word, even in the 1800s, and also thought orcs are racist to begin with as depictions of black people, but Nikki went for the double racism in her art I guess. :|
Last edited by Daedalus on November 10th, 2021, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images removed due to Member Respect rule extended to copyright
Shadzar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: November 15th, 2020, 10:08 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests