Jerry Hawthorne wrote:I know a lot about this, but I don't think this article will impact those kinds of decisions at Hasbro. I will use this space here to give you all my opinion: ...Daedalus wrote:One thing I wish would be discussed would be the chance that the Dwarf and Wizard Quest Packs would see release. The 4-ups were made, and being G-bob from Old Scratch you probably know who has them. If some of the old Heroscape crew are there, ask if the 25th anniversary petition swings any weight with Hasbro's decision process. The petition stirred up a hornets' nest of controversy with the Spanish remake. If Hasbro would licence the DQP and WQP work officially, I'm sure there would be strong support.
... That's my take on it.
(Covers ears) BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
The last thing that flew out of Pandora's Box was hope that the unreleased expansions would see the light of day. True enough that Hasbro wouldn't release the expansions for big chain store shelves. It's a shame WotC won't do the work for hobby shelves. I didn't explain clearly, but I still wonder if Hasbro would allow their expansion packs to be licensed to a third party, probably funded through a Kickstarter. Unlike the Spanish repaint, I'm talking about IP being more or less directly reproduced as was done with the Japanese edition of Hero Quest and the Estralia game company's Brazilian Hero Quest. That would entail Hasbro allowing the 4-ups to be scanned for 3D-printed molds. It would also mean they have the original (Richard Borg) Quest Book prototypes available somewhere to be licensed. While I'm at it, I'd want to see the prohibitively-expensive EQP and BQP made up, as well. Maybe even AtOH and WoM, though IP is more dubious with those two. Currently, Ebay is still a viable option for the Main System. Dream the impossible dream (steps down from soapbox.)
Onto your original request, I think mention should also be made of some of the excellent HQ computer tools. Derfel Link's Heroscribe and Lurchbrick's Vassal module are obvious picks. Patroclus made an excellent Quest page-maker, and drathe's card templates are popular, as well. Beyond those tools, there are a host of tiles and alternate boards available in the gallery.



































