• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Not enough Pit of Darkness Tiles

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Not enough Pit of Darkness Tiles

Postby drathe » February 18th, 2009, 5:51 pm

The last quest, Flight to the Surface has 5 Pit of Darkness traps in it. I know it would be rare (and very unlucky for the Heroes) that all are needed as most would end up disarmed, yet I find it strange that only 4 are included with the expansion. Usually they provide the maximum possible amount, just in case.

What's more unusual, is that Pits of Darkness appear in Wizards of Morcar (5 in Crypt of the Necromancer). That expansion doesn't come with any Pit of Darkness tiles and Against the Ogre Horde wasn't released in near as many countries as Wizards of Morcar.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Not enough Pit of Darkness Tiles

Postby HeroQuestFrance » December 22nd, 2009, 6:09 am

What's more unusual, is that Pits of Darkness appear in Wizards of Morcar (5 in Crypt of the Necromancer). That expansion doesn't come with any Pit of Darkness tiles

In fact it are just classic pits.
They used the same icons on the map.
I also found this strange the first time I've opened the rule/quest book, I just believed it was a new design.
(I didn't know AGAINST THE OGRE HORDE was released in the UK)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » May 10th, 2019, 11:46 am

The quest pack also doesn't give you enough monsters. Sure, you get all the Ogres, and odds are you won't ever come across more then 4 Ogre Warriors on the board at the same time. But some rooms have 6 zombies or 7 goblins in them, whereas the original game system only has 2 zombies and 6 goblins... you would need the figurines from Keller's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord... Of course I don't know why anyone would have Against the Ogre Horde but not the 2 sequels. But just the same, you wouldn't have all the figurines without the other 2 quest packs.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 10th, 2019, 5:27 pm

but are the 6 zombies and the 7 goblins grouped in a single room? Because you can meet 3 goblins in a room, kill them and go on and meet other 6 in another room , so you can reuse the defeated goblins again.
Anyway the official rule is that when you run out of miniatures of the same kind you can replace the missing ones with others of the same color.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » May 10th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I just rechecked, there's actually 4 zombies and 2 skeletons in the 3x5 room of the North East quadrant, you can only enter through a secret door. Just the same, requires 2 extra zombies from RotWL.

In quest 5, the last room just before the exit has 7 goblins and a Pit of Darkness in it.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Against the Ogre Horde