• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos Spell Cards ATOH

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Chaos Spell Cards ATOH

Postby DarakuTenshi » May 16th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Just curious if anyone has made Chaos cards for the spells found in this expansion. Mind Blast, Mind Lock, and Dominate?
Are there other (official) spells that have not had cards. If it hasn't been done I will eventually get around to doing it, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't need to.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Chaos Spell Cards ATOH

Postby TMU » May 16th, 2018, 12:58 pm

I don't atleast remember to have seen those. Haven't really felt the need since they have the tiles already but it is not a bad idea.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » May 16th, 2018, 1:44 pm

TMU wrote:I don't atleast remember to have seen those. Haven't really felt the need since they have the tiles already but it is not a bad idea.

I'm trying to update my game right now with the larger map, so I'm also wanting to update the cards rather than using the cutout cards from the expansion. But, that's when I realized these Chaos Spells are not actually cards in the expansion.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » May 16th, 2018, 1:57 pm

True, still if you are up for it, I think cards for the spells could be widely appreciated by the community here. So if you happen to make the the cards, don't forget to post them for everybody to use! :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » May 16th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Oh I will, I'm also working on a big project... don't know how it will be received by some people. Once I'm finished and have it printed I'll post it for others to make use of if one should be so inclined.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » May 17th, 2018, 10:04 am

Don't worry about how some people will react. People seem to forget that if they don't like it, they don't have to play it or they can change it to their liking.

Also, there is a Mind Blast card in my link, but not the others. Don't know if this came from the expansions or one of the archive quests I converted, but you can check it out to see if it's what you're looking for.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » May 18th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Thanks, I'll have to plow through all of what you have in there. But no... Mind Blast is different. Turns out Mind Bast in ATOH is like making a physical attack on someone without actually touching them. I guess it's The Force for HQ.

As for the worry about other people's reaction. It has to do with reprinting the quests (and instructions). Over at one of the HQ pages, someone tried doing something like this and got harassed badly. I thought it was a great idea so I'm taking it a step further with a redesign so it wouldn't look like the original printing. I don't know if the people over here would have had that reaction anyway.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 3rd, 2018, 5:50 pm

If you're interested, I've worked up some NA spell descriptions (not cards) here. They were intended for Cultists, so you'd want to substitute ". . . one combat die for each of the Chaos Sorcerer's Mind Points" for ". . . one Combat Die for each Chaos Cultist present." ". . . Combat Dice equal to his Mind Points" would also work for a shorter substitution.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » October 26th, 2018, 6:49 am

Well Against the Ogre Hoard never came out in America, but the fan base here looking to play are often left with a roadblock as this is one of the more difficult expansions to obtain.
The US version of HQ game expansions has Chaos spell cards, and yet in AtOH they have to revert to tokens, which doesn't necessarily match the same style of gameplay. So if someone ends up making Mind Blast, Mind Lock and Dominate it would be greatly appreciated.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » October 26th, 2018, 7:44 am

They are available somewhere here... just use the search, I found them in 5 minutes last time I searched.
I just love command and duel of minds, they are just great for people who thought that mind points were not important. I love to give them to Fimirs in every corner.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Against the Ogre Horde