• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Mortal bug...

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Mortal bug...

Postby HeroQuestFrance » January 19th, 2010, 8:26 am

Look at the quest n°2 of AGAINST THE OGRE HORDE called "THE OUTER CAVES".
I've encountered a serious problem last week end with my players :
they couldn't finish the quest and I had to add a secret door !
Indeed to complete the quest, the heroes must escape by finding the exit and just before going through the 3 last rooms.
But by entering the second tiny room where the fimir is, the first hero trigs the trap and the door is blocked forever.
The wizard can walk through the wall ok but the others are... going back ?
It's a little bit unfair, they have to start again and to shoot with the bow this fimir, search for traps and try to disarm it before entering ...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Mortal bug...

Postby drathe » January 19th, 2010, 1:27 pm

Yes, more proof this pack was never tested before publication. As the object is to hold the central room for a turn and exiting is secondary, I just removed the block in the southern corridor beside the double-width corridor. That way, should the falling block traps be triggered, the Heroes can still travel back around through the stone doors near the entrance, and follow the corridor south to the exit. The more I play beyond the Return of the Witch Lord, the more I believe Against the Ogre Horde, Wizards of Morcar, Mage of the Mirror and Frozen Horror were rushed to market and never tested.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby CaptainNeatoman » August 30th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Question:

I thought Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar were only compatible with the European version of the game, but people around here talk about them as though they're essential parts of the North American game. Did I miss something, or are they just compatible with both editions?
CaptainNeatoman

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » August 30th, 2010, 10:39 pm

They were designed and released in Europe for their rules and system, but they're fairly compatible with the American version (although tough with the added Body Points and multiple Wandering Monsters).

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby CaptainNeatoman » August 31st, 2010, 10:45 am

I see, thanks. The Quest books available for download here, are they the originals or have they been converted for compatibility? I recently dug my old HeroQuest game out of a closet and started getting into again with my my friends. Haven't played it since junior high, so I forgot that it's pretty much the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately, I only have the Kellar's Keep expansion from the old days, so I'm trying to round up as many others as I can. I am thrilled to find this website with all its amazing resources. Thanks a ton for that.
CaptainNeatoman

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » August 31st, 2010, 12:06 pm

You're welcome! :)

If the books have a black and white map, they are European and are originals. For Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Zargon (the Zargon is the giveaway), if they have coloured maps, they are localisations to the American format. All other American style expansion books are original scans.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HeroQuestFrance » December 8th, 2010, 6:49 am

I have finished the work on the remixed basic game & rules, the 4 expansions, corrected all spell , treasure, artefacts cards, added the chaos ones and I'm started the 2 US expansions now.
(I'm in late since I was involved into the D&D Castel Ravenloft french traduction)
Of course all maps have been "re-done" and are now playable.
But all is in french...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Coppez » January 18th, 2014, 11:43 am

haven't played the ogre horde yet but i'm going to soon. I noticed another problem in following Quest "The Pit Of Chaos". Somewhere in the bottom right section of the map you have a room with a zombie, a chest and a falling rock. So when you pass the falling rock, your trapped in there unless you are the wizard or the elf with the "Pass Through Rock Spell". And the chest isn't numbered as well.

And then there is something else, at "C" you have a room with a bottomless pit and it says, any character or monster who falls into the pit dies, but how can you fall into that pit?
Coppez

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:

Postby The Road Warrior » January 18th, 2014, 1:41 pm

Coppez wrote:haven't played the ogre horde yet but i'm going to soon. I noticed another problem in following Quest "The Pit Of Chaos". Somewhere in the bottom right section of the map you have a room with a zombie, a chest and a falling rock. So when you pass the falling rock, your trapped in there unless you are the wizard or the elf with the "Pass Through Rock Spell". And the chest isn't numbered as well.

Is this a problem? I guess it depends on the attitude of the people you HQ with. I have no problem with trapping a Hero forever in a room he can't escape from.

Coppez wrote:And then there is something else, at "C" you have a room with a bottomless pit and it says, any character or monster who falls into the pit dies, but how can you fall into that pit?

Festral casts Dominate on the Hero and then walks him into the pit?
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » January 18th, 2014, 8:11 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:
Coppez wrote:haven't played the ogre horde yet but i'm going to soon. I noticed another problem in following Quest "The Pit Of Chaos". Somewhere in the bottom right section of the map you have a room with a zombie, a chest and a falling rock. So when you pass the falling rock, your trapped in there unless you are the wizard or the elf with the "Pass Through Rock Spell". And the chest isn't numbered as well.

Is this a problem? I guess it depends on the attitude of the people you HQ with. I have no problem with trapping a Hero forever in a room he can't escape from.

Coppez wrote:And then there is something else, at "C" you have a room with a bottomless pit and it says, any character or monster who falls into the pit dies, but how can you fall into that pit?

Festral casts Dominate on the Hero and then walks him into the pit?

Exactly.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Against the Ogre Horde