Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


lestodante wrote:I think Against the Ogre Horde is a tough Quest with European BP already... I don't see too much need to increase the other monsters stats. It will depend by the skills of your Heroes anyway.
Also I don't get why a rude Ogre should be tougher than a Gargoyle! So 5 BP seems a little too much. They have great strenght for sure, caused by their size, but they are not skilled warrior and wear no armour. A Gargoyle is usually a boss and is a magic creature. In my opinion it should be stronger than a Ogre.
Also the Ogres from the Elf Quest Pack are stronger and tougher than the Frozen Horror. I really think the Ogres stats need to be revised!
, gargoyle 3
, ogre 4
, ogre champions/bosses 5
, Minotaurs 6
, Hydras 7
, giants 8
, Dragons minimum of 8
and defend on black & white shields.
it will probably slaughter a Hero party in the original quests, I.e. Melars Maze. Likewise, I agree that ATOH is tough quest as written with EU
but if all the original monsters have just one
, then it makes the original game system too easy. The Ogres in EQP are way out of whack.

Pancho wrote:Personally I don’t like the idea that some people have had to increase stats for the basic monsters as the heroes get tougher. I like consistent monster stats across all the expansions , and feel we have reached a good place with ours. It’s true that gargoyles and chaos warriors can feel a little weak in later packs, but we can always have named gargoyle characters with increased stats, and CW just all become Doomguard as the war with Morcar intensifies.






lestodante wrote:You meet 1 or at least 2 Gargoyles during a single quest, because it is some kind of boss or half-boss but you can meet an average number of 7 Ogres during their quests.
The following stats are Att/Def/BP, V is for "variable":
Gargoyle is 4/4/1 in Eur version, 4/5/3 in the US.
Ogre is 5/5/V or 6/6/V (Chieftain and Lord) in EU and 6/4/10 in the US.
Frozen Horror is 5/4/6
Yeti is 3/3/5
Polar Warbear is 4+4/3/6
I can't figure an Ogre that is stronger than all the monsters listed above.


lestodante wrote:I think Against the Ogre Horde is a tough Quest with European BP already... I don't see too much need to increase the other monsters stats. It will depend by the skills of your Heroes anyway.
Also I don't get why a rude Ogre should be tougher than a Gargoyle! So 5 BP seems a little too much. They have great strenght for sure, caused by their size, but they are not skilled warrior and wear no armour. A Gargoyle is usually a boss and is a magic creature. In my opinion it should be stronger than a Ogre.
Also the Ogres from the Elf Quest Pack are stronger and tougher than the Frozen Horror. I really think the Ogres stats need to be revised!




Return to Against the Ogre Horde
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest