• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Who was the Witch Lord when he was... pre-deceased?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Return of the Witch Lord Quest Pack.

Re: Who was the Witch Lord when he was... pre-deceased?

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 9th, 2020, 1:55 am

Zenithfleet wrote:Impressive. Most impressive. :P

That's a whole lotta Conan!

I wonder if bookshelves in the HeroQuest world look like that? "I'm searching for treasure." "You find a dog-eared copy of Planescape Monstrous Compendium III." "Woohoo!" :lol:

But the Witch Lord is giving me a stern glare... so to get back on topic, the next question is: if his backstory roughly fits someone from Warhammer, which miniature would best represent him? (And Skulmar and Kessandria?) I'm leaning toward a Wight from the classic Undead range.

I have all of the stories written by Robert E. Howard about Conan and a few of his other characters before his untimely death, and all of the Conan pastiche books written by others after him (some 150+ or so not counting comics and magazines of which I have many.) As far as I know I have a complete Conan the Barbarian book collection.

Think how valuable a monstrous compendium find would be to adventurers in-game. Thinking about the real world value of some of the items on my bookshelf and it would indeed be a treasure hoard for the lucky adventurer or for my descendants. I like to imagine I have a library of mystical and magical tomes of some great scholar or sage unrivaled by most in a fantasy world.
I've always found it odd that the bookcase, weapon rack, Alchemist's bench, and cupboard/cabinet cannot be searched themselves like a chest can and no treasure or items were ever developed specifically for them. Makes the furniture in HeroQuest seem more like obstacles than real items and far less interesting. For heaven sakes what is in the book on the sorcerer's table?! Even the tomb should be searchable for burial items in my opinion.

I have quite a few early GW/citadel/marauder wights and skeleton warrior figures, I will have to take a look. Early Warhammer Banshees could also work for Kessandria.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » July 21st, 2021, 4:28 pm

Kadon-Witch Lord similarities are so interesting.
I just had NEVER figure out why if you opena oor, the Witch Lord rises? Couldn't his minion do this on their own to bring their master back to un-life?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » July 21st, 2021, 5:06 pm

Quest notes specify a treasure or you draw a card. The furniture is just decoration. So you can put a furniture trap on anything not just a treasure chest. Treasure chests don't always contain treasure (could be a trap or nothing). So I take it when you search the room that has a table in it, well you're searching the table as well as part of your search. Yes, the official quests do have instances where a treasure is hidden "in" a piece of furniture besides a chest. There's no special action needed to find it, just the first hero who searches finds it.

Yeah, would it be cool if you could "always" find some kind of potion in a room with an alchemist's bench or a scroll in a room with a sorcerer's table or bookcase? Sure, and it would be cool if you could "always" get a piece of equipment from a weapon's rack room search. I have house rules for that (potions/scrolls are limited by character class and have a chance of a "bad" option, equipment would be "bad" equipment), but in general yes, the furniture are obstacles/decorations and don't affect searches, unless you want to. You can search a room multiple times (one for each Hero) so that implies you are finding stuff the other people didn't, whether that is in the furniture or not is up to your imagination.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous