• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Kellar's Keep... so hard to get through...

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc from the Kellar's Keep Quest Pack.

Re: Kellar's Keep... so hard to get through...

Postby knightkrawler » April 9th, 2016, 2:45 am

That right there is the main reason for me to re-write and re-assemble every quest pack anew.
I will have questpacks consisting of never more than five quests (if they're not incredibly short) for each of them to accomodate one game night.
I'm guessing that 4 KK quests with the drama structure won't be so tedious, but I'll have my eye on that.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lucasdp » September 8th, 2016, 12:29 pm

Anderas wrote:The spiral stairway for example... the heroes have to cross the board several times.

I could see how that could get tedious, but I've been looking forward to the rolling boulder in that one, so I won't be arbitrarily skipping that one, at least...
Any others that are particularly boring and could/should be skipped?

Anderas wrote:I would just take the freedom, read the quest carefully and add a tweak here and there to make them more interesting. It's not that they don't have something new each quest. It's more.... don't know. Rooms filled with monsters, that just take a while to clear out...

We just played the first quest in KK and that's a pretty fair assessment. The secret doors that Zargon could open were a nice, somewhat new element and I had some fun with those, but overall it was "open a room, kill all the monsters, open the next room, kill all the monsters, open the next room..."
My well-equipped heroes tore through the goblins so the game didn't feel like it was moving slowly, but I could see how some could get bored with this if it becomes too repetitious. With that said, we're coming back to playing after a bit of a hiatus (I even had to double-check some of my own house rules :lol: ) so frankly this kind of quest was perfect for us at this point.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 8th, 2016, 1:21 pm

lucasdp wrote:(I even had to double-check some of my own house rules :lol: )

Happens to me all the time...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » September 8th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Try playing it not fully equipied, it took us 3 attempts over the past 2 weeks, even when we knew exactly what we were doing. Trying out my new character classes didn't help much either, I really wasn't expecting it, it's the first time I've played any expansion, i thought it would be a breeze. Only 1 hero made it out the 3rd time too... Man when this game is hard it's soo much better. Chaos tokens had us well scared. Had to make a few changes.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 9th, 2016, 2:08 pm

That's a bit surprising. I do the difficulty estimations for KK at the moment, and they are at 14, 15 mostly. With three fully equipped Heroes of course - that makes 4 Attack, 4 defense. I don't count the Wizard.

14, 15 mostly means there is one of the Heroes knocking on the death's skull, the others get through.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 10th, 2016, 5:57 am

You have an avatar... :ugeek:
I'm crying a little for joy.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » September 10th, 2016, 9:36 am

There. Your fault. Now i made it animated, to enhance and enlarge your emotional moment. :P

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » September 18th, 2016, 5:16 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Try playing it not fully equipied, it took us 3 attempts over the past 2 weeks, even when we knew exactly what we were doing. Trying out my new character classes didn't help much either, I really wasn't expecting it, it's the first time I've played any expansion, i thought it would be a breeze. Only 1 hero made it out the 3rd time too... Man when this game is hard it's soo much better. Chaos tokens had us well scared. Had to make a few changes.

Sounds fun, but unfortunately mine is not the type of gaming group to try something like that. Hell, we don't even really replay Zombicide missions if we lose; usually just proceed right to the next one. I don't really see them going for it. "Hey, that quest you guys made it through last week? Let's play it again, but with basic weapons and no artifacts!" Nah...

Anderas wrote:That's a bit surprising. I do the difficulty estimations for KK at the moment, and they are at 14, 15 mostly. With three fully equipped Heroes of course - that makes 4 Attack, 4 defense. I don't count the Wizard.

14, 15 mostly means there is one of the Heroes knocking on the death's skull, the others get through.

Your estimation doesn't take into account my house rules that may favor the heroes a little more than necessary. ;) The one that seems to have the largest effect is a chance to use spells more than once. I'm able to get my heroes down to 1 or 2 BP pretty often and I can build some good tension when doing so, but my Wizard just heals everyone before I can make a killing strike. Even if he were to fail the roll to get to use the spell again, he keeps Water of Healing in his Spell Ring; so, he starts with three healing spells, even if we were to ignore my house rule.
So, your estimation of 14 or 15 seems right, from what I can tell so far. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 19th, 2016, 12:46 am

It also doesn't take into account potions of healings.

No with three healings and an equipped group it should be quite coincidal that someone dies.
I will follow your blog further. |_P

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » September 20th, 2016, 11:45 am

lucasdp wrote:Sounds fun, but unfortunately mine is not the type of gaming group to try something like that. Hell, we don't even really replay Zombicide missions if we lose; usually just proceed right to the next one. I don't really see them going for it. "Hey, that quest you guys made it through last week? Let's play it again, but with basic weapons and no artifacts!" Nah...

Ooops I see what happened there... When i said "try playing it not fully equipped", I didn't mean actually to try play it again not fully equipped, I couldn't think of anything worse. I was speaking figuratively (if that's the right word), as in we had played it that way and it was hard. We started KK with fresh Heroes big mistake!!!

We've swapped roles now and I'm the EW, not as brutal. I like to let some survive for game flow, where as my friend will try anything possible to make sure we all die and he wins.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Kellar's Keep