• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various lots on ebay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby IvenBach » May 13th, 2018, 6:34 pm

lestodante wrote:Another curious situation here....
This guy sold this USA set at 1650 USD: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232674378749
Someone bought it and relisted (as an auction) the same set (check wears and tears on the boxes and you can be sure they are exactly the same boxes of the previous auction) but adding a sealed WOM and ATOH. It put a (nonsense) reserve price of 5.000 USD so it obviously doesn't sell - highest bid stopped at 2050 USD. So now he relisted the same at fixed price at 4.500 USD! :roll:
old auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292475330120
buy it now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292488722383

Yep... I certainly don't have that kind of money to spend. Back I go to crafting with my affordable cardboard.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby tasoe » May 17th, 2018, 6:55 am

Please someone buy this freakin' thing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAOS-SORCER ... 0005.m1851

I've been seeing it in heroquest searches for years, please, remove it from ebay.

I already have it so I don't want another one, it's a great figure and a great bargain, just take it, come on!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » May 17th, 2018, 8:13 am

tasoe wrote:Please someone buy this freakin' thing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAOS-SORCER ... 0005.m1851

I've been seeing it in heroquest searches for years, please, remove it from ebay.

I already have it so I don't want another one, it's a great figure and a great bargain, just take it, come on!

I would love to have a lot of those 3rd edition Talisman figures, but I can't afford them right now. Some day, though, I'm just gonna go on a Talisman buying spree.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » May 17th, 2018, 10:11 am

Okay - so this isn't ebay...it is on craigslist...the Richmond area of Virginia.

BUT...I couldn't help but post this, in case anyone wants the TSR Factory sets.
These are great deals. I would guess someone might even be able to talk the
sellers into mailing them.

Just scroll down a line or two, and you'll see them.

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/search/s ... s&sort=rel

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby whitebeard » May 17th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Yeah I still have mine. You can get it on EBay for what I spent in 1992! ~$20. Not rare at all. Since it is basically worthless, they can be used to spice up your DMing by drawing random NPCs, just using the pictures to create someone on the fly, drawing a magic item, cut up to make paper minis, or burning to heat your home, etc.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 17th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Or you just give them to Kadi Kenk. It's simple.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » May 17th, 2018, 8:13 pm

You know...when someone places a full set of HQ and expansions on ebay, claims it is shrinkwrapped
AND NIB, but then says it is used, and places a price of over $6,000 on it...they're just BEGGING to
be trolled.

So, I just had to troll and send this to the seller:
I'm curious,
You have listed this item as shrinkwrapped, giving it a title of NIB (new in box) and placed an enormous
price on it. And yet you say, also, that it is used. This makes no sense? How can it be used AND shrinkwrapped?
What is the point? Simply shrinkwrapping it does not make the item new again or any more collectible again.
Please explain.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » August 15th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Just doing my weekly ebay browsing and stumbled on this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372400809002 ... 2400809002

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » August 17th, 2018, 11:04 pm

torilen wrote:...they're just BEGGING to be trolled.

No response I bet. Did the listing go away?

mitchiemasha wrote:Just doing my weekly ebay browsing and stumbled on this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372400809002 ... 2400809002

Haha... that's pretty funny. Good share
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » August 17th, 2018, 11:31 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Just doing my weekly ebay browsing and stumbled on this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372400809002 ... 2400809002

seller wrote:selling as spares in 2018. questions welcome

I don't quite see him. Can you please take another photo of him?

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market