• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

trying to print elemental wall tokens

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Wizards of Morcar Quest Pack.

trying to print elemental wall tokens

Postby godofrandomness » November 14th, 2021, 3:35 am

hello anyone who may read this!

I got my copy of the 2021 reprint in a few days ago, and am trying to adapt and print the expansions that did not come in the mythic edition to match. The part I am stuck on is I am trying to figure out what is what size the cutouts for the walls should be. All the reference photos I have seen appear to roughly have them be 2.5 board spaces long, but I am not certain. If upscaled to 2021 edition's size spaces, that makes them about 2.5" x 2.5". Does that seem right? I only had the base US copy as a kid, so I have no physical or memory reference for this.

Edit: rereading how the rules say the walls work, it sounds like they should be 2" squares, unless you are allowed to run them through 2 squares diagonally, then math says the piece should be 2*(√2) inches. Not sure thats how the rules are supposed to work for them however...
godofrandomness

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: trying to print elemental wall tokens

Postby Daedalus » November 23rd, 2021, 7:42 pm

The magical wall spells say to place a wall so that it covers two squares. Placing a wall over adjacent squares does just that. If you place a wall diagonally, you cover those two squares in addition to partially covering the other two squares of the intersection. The spells don't allow for that. Good thing too, as figures in those other two squares would be crowded aside by the magical wall. Remember, figures may not move through a wall (excepting Pass Through Rock.)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: trying to print elemental wall tokens

Postby godofrandomness » November 25th, 2021, 5:56 am

Daedalus wrote:The magical wall spells say to place a wall so that it covers two squares. Placing a wall over adjacent squares does just that. If you place a wall diagonally, you cover those two squares in addition to partially covering the other two squares of the intersection. The spells don't allow for that. Good thing too, as figures in those other two squares would be crowded aside by the magical wall. Remember, figures may not move through a wall (excepting Pass Them Rock.)

Okay, that's what I figured. Thank you for the clarification. I will print them to be at 2" length.
godofrandomness

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Return to Wizards of Morcar