• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Middletown NY USA

Search the treads of your local area, introduce yourself and get to know players near you. Use these rooms to discuss and plan your next game night.

Middletown NY USA

Postby twickett » October 27th, 2021, 10:19 am

I moved to NY for family reasons during the height of the Pandemic. I don't know anyone here and would love to meet board gamers in the area. With luck I should have the mythic tier of Heroquest (hopefully before Christmas) and I have tons of other games.
twickett

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Middletown NY USA

Postby Thor-in » October 28th, 2021, 1:30 pm

You're roughly three hours away from me south. I don't get down that way much.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby twickett » October 29th, 2021, 9:16 am

Thor-in wrote:You're roughly three hours away from me south. I don't get down that way much.

That's too bad... I have an entire room of board games and haven't played a single one in almost a year... Though my son is coming for a couple of weeks at chirstmas so we will have a marathon then for sure.
twickett

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 2nd, 2021, 2:52 pm

Have you considered playing over Zoom? For now at least, it's still free and I've had pretty good success with that. Some suggest Tabletop Simulator, but I think that works best if you have versions of Windows older than 10 :(

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » November 2nd, 2021, 3:02 pm

I've thought about that through the thick of COVID. My only issue is the number of people living in my house along with the animals. We have four (sometimes five) kids living in the house full time, along with four cats that (even though I've tried to get them to stop) keep jumping up on the table I use for gaming. So I can't leave the game up to come back and play. Besides the fact, three out of the four main kids leave the house a wreck. So my wife and I are always cleaning or doing laundry. So unfortunately unless I get to actually go somewhere and play, post-by-play here has been my only means of playing.

This is always an option, then you can get more members to join in your game.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby twickett » November 4th, 2021, 2:49 pm

Thor-in wrote:I've thought about that through the thick of COVID. My only issue is the number of people living in my house along with the animals. We have four (sometimes five) kids living in the house full time, along with four cats that (even though I've tried to get them to stop) keep jumping up on the table I use for gaming. So I can't leave the game up to come back and play. Besides the fact, three out of the four main kids leave the house a wreck. So my wife and I are always cleaning or doing laundry. So unfortunately unless I get to actually go somewhere and play, post-by-play here has been my only means of playing.

This is always an option, then you can get more members to join in your game.

After I get mine if you want to do some discord games... I have no kids in the house that will mess with my stuff. So I can leave a board up if I wanted to.
twickett

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 4th, 2021, 5:30 pm

A good GM who knows the game well can do a lot. I've played games with my brother where all he had were the dice and pencil & paper while I had all of the board and pieces, cards, etc. up on the screen to show him and just remind him what was going on if he couldn't tell. It's doable even if it might not be as cool. There's also a little automated dice rolling thing you can run with heroquest values too (virtual dice).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Games In Your Area!