• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Miniatures mentioned in the manual

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Miniatures mentioned in the manual

Postby ainxo » February 8th, 2021, 11:11 am

Hi everyone! It's my first post in this forum, so first of all, thanks for welcoming me, and may luck favor your dice :)

I've got a quick question. I used to be an avid HQ and AHQ player when I was a kid, and recently I decided to indulge myself and buy them again to have them complete (my old sets are in shambles after all years of hard use). Re-reading the AHQ manual I remembered how badly I wanted the miniatures referenced in the manual -- you know, not the plastic Skavens included, but the rest of the skavens and monsters that were shown in the manual. I couldn't afford them back then and I was wondering, has anyone identified the original Citadel miniatures? I guess it could be fun to track them down, but there have been so many Citadel miniatures over the years that without a list it might be quite tiresome.
ainxo

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Miniatures mentioned in the manual

Postby lestodante » February 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm

you can try the CCM WIKI for a nice list of all the Citadel figures.
Also SODEMONS.COM (ex SOLEGENDS / STUFF OF LEGENDS) offers a variety of cataloques anf flyers released since Citadel early years.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sinned » December 10th, 2021, 5:08 pm

ainxo wrote:Hi everyone! It's my first post in this forum, so first of all, thanks for welcoming me, and may luck favor your dice :)

I've got a quick question. I used to be an avid HQ and AHQ player when I was a kid, and recently I decided to indulge myself and buy them again to have them complete (my old sets are in shambles after all years of hard use). Re-reading the AHQ manual I remembered how badly I wanted the miniatures referenced in the manual -- you know, not the plastic Skavens included, but the rest of the skavens and monsters that were shown in the manual. I couldn't afford them back then and I was wondering, has anyone identified the original Citadel miniatures? I guess it could be fun to track them down, but there have been so many Citadel miniatures over the years that without a list it might be quite tiresome.

8 years ago I bought several of the AHQ minis; the exact same as mentioned in the manual.
viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1169&start=20

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby therealshrek » December 10th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Everything in the Advanced HQ manual was a standard Warhammer Fantasy Miniature. It was a long time ago though, and GW doesnt like to keep minis around for long. Updated minis and rules that dont allow people to play old ones means more money. Fortunately most of the minis they made were in large numbers so can be found at used mini hobby stores, on ebay and such.
therealshrek

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room