• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Good evening, so nice to meet you...

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Good evening, so nice to meet you...

Postby Nedmuffin » October 11th, 2020, 8:06 pm

I have been lurking for too long and thought I had better sign-up and introduce myself. I live in the UK and have been playing HQ intermittently since it was first released.

Over the years, I have eBayed my way to most of the expansions and have commissioned various people (with steadier hands and better eyesight) to paint the miniatures and furniture. Zealot have been a great source for alternatives/extras and I am currently looking to get resin rooms/corridors for the full 3D effect.

Since the pandemic, a small group of us have started to play all the quests in order, if there is a correct order.

I am particularly interested in two things - finding someone to paint the Litchmyre Gamer Set and an English translation of Flint's HQ rules? As a newbie, I realise I must read the topics but if anyone could direct me to roughly the right area, it would be appreciated.

Anyway must dash off now, this Lobby is a tad draughty.
Nedmuffin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Good evening, so nice to meet you...

Postby Oftkilted » October 11th, 2020, 9:45 pm

Welcome to the Inn! Come in from the drafts, there’s good conversation to be had and things to discuss over a couple of pints. And you can even choose your beverage! Come in and stay awhile!
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby wallydubbs » October 12th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Nedmuffin wrote:Since the pandemic, a small group of us have started to play all the quests in order, if there is a correct order.

You're so lucky. I wish my crew had the drive to take advantage of the pandemic like that.
Go for the Game System, Keller's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, Against the Ogre Horde, Wizards of Morcar, Frozen Horror, Mage of the Mirror.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Nedmuffin » October 12th, 2020, 7:23 pm

Oftkilted wrote:Welcome to the Inn! Come in from the drafts, there’s good conversation to be had and things to discuss over a couple of pints. And you can even choose your beverage! Come in and stay awhile!

Very kind, sir. A pint of warm ale and a stool next to that magnificent fire would be perfect.
Nedmuffin

Hero:

Postby Nedmuffin » October 12th, 2020, 7:30 pm

Thanks for the game order wallydubbs.

We will have to see if we can keep the initial enthusiasm going. Happily, I have discovered that free food and drink help motivate.
Nedmuffin

Hero:

Postby Fallensaviour » October 12th, 2020, 9:33 pm

Welcome and what ever you do don’t go into the basement...
Wait...never mind...that’s a different forum it’s all good.
The basement is fine.......

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nedmuffin » October 13th, 2020, 5:57 pm

I plan to visit the basement later. The screams and howls suggest there's a bit of a party going on downstairs.

If asked for an invitation, I trust I can drop your name?
Nedmuffin

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » May 18th, 2021, 1:55 pm

Nedmuffin sounds like a great new member, but we haven't heard from him in over a month. I strongly suggest Inn members not to accept an invitation to the basement.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby iKarith » May 19th, 2021, 5:16 am

Daedalus wrote:Nedmuffin sounds like a great new member, but we haven't heard from him in over a month. I strongly suggest Inn members not to accept an invitation to the basement.

I mean, I suppose it kind of depends on what sort of basement it is, but I wouldn't think drathe was running that sort of establishment. Although come to think of it, we haven't seen much of drathe lately either. Maybe we ought to send a search party to the basement to check it out?
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 19th, 2021, 3:23 pm

(Daedalus takes one step back.) The guy with the staff wants to check out the basement. Anyone else?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby