• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Spookyhappyfun » December 14th, 2018, 4:36 pm

lestodante wrote:If you are interested just in other barbarians and not specifically in that Conan figure you may have a look at old Citadel models re-released recently by Wargames-Foundry (ex Citadel staff).
Here is a link to the barbarian set they have for sale: https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collect ... hop-models
Be sue to check the WA007 and WA008 sets.
Also they are offering Christmas discounts!

And below there is a comparison pic.
I just put the HQ barbarian on a tile because his base is thinner than the standard slotta base (my barbarian is the old version, taken from Dungeonquest), but the WF models are now released with a rounded metal base but you can use a tool to remove it and file it because it is very thin and then attach the figure on a HQ-style base.

More pics showing a well painted set can be found at Realm of Chaos 80s blog:

Man, I wish those guys were available in plastic.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » December 14th, 2018, 11:53 pm

Kobold Trickster and Barbara for a size reference:

Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » December 15th, 2018, 5:49 am

it looks nice

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » December 20th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
lestodante wrote:If you are interested just in other barbarians and not specifically in that Conan figure you may have a look at old Citadel models re-released recently by Wargames-Foundry (ex Citadel staff).
Here is a link to the barbarian set they have for sale: https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collect ... hop-models

I just put the HQ barbarian on a tile because his base is thinner than the standard slotta base (my barbarian is the old version, taken from Dungeonquest), but the WF models are now released with a rounded metal base but you can use a tool to remove it and file it because it is very thin and then attach the figure on a HQ-style base.

Agreed, but I'm an old soul as my girlfriend says. I still like the old metal miniatures.

lestodante wrote:it looks nice

Yes it does, almost a perfect size comparison. j_dean has some filling in to do under the feet but that figure works.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby washi » December 20th, 2018, 3:52 pm

A long time ago I asked here about 3D printer models. I remembered this today and took a look on Thingverse. Wow, there is a lot of Hero Quest models there to print. Do you know other places that has too? I want expansions' minis but they are too expensive in this days...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » December 20th, 2018, 4:32 pm

washi wrote:A long time ago I asked here about 3D printer models. I remembered this today and took a look on Thingverse. Wow, there is a lot of Hero Quest models there to print. Do you know other places that has too? I want expansions' minis but they are too expensive in this days...

Some where around here a member made a bunch of 3D scans of figures that you could download the scan files. However I can't seems to find it at the moment. I'll do some more looking and get back to you.

Found it, the scans aren't great but here they are.

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=3827&hilit=springer3dscans
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby washi » December 20th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Thank you, I'll take a look

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » December 20th, 2018, 8:18 pm

Thor-in wrote:
Spookyhappyfun wrote:

Agreed, but I'm an old soul as my girlfriend says. I still like the old metal miniatures.

lestodante wrote:it looks nice

Yes it does, almost a perfect size comparison. j_dean has some filling in to do under the feet but that figure works.

Not everyone stands flat footed.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Morcar2018 » December 31st, 2018, 10:11 pm

lestodante wrote:Sorry for my late reply but I was away on vacation and missed some posts.
I already sent a pm to the people that showed interest in the figure, others feel free to pm me.
I also have custom figures for Mentor and a chained Sir Manfred.
Actually I have:
11 Witch Lord (require assembling/glue)
3 Sir Manfred
4 Mentor (require assembling/glue)

You can see a sample pic below (I will update it with a better photo soon);
All the miniatures are unpainted:

Hi Lestodante! I saw you created some brand new miniatures for Sir Manfred and the Witch Lord. They are awesome! Simply wonderful... Do you sell them? Or where I can buy them?
Morcar2018

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby lestodante » January 1st, 2019, 2:57 pm

Hi... no I didn't "create" them, they are sculpted by two italian artists:
Mentor and Sir Manfred were sculpted by Marco Partenzi while the Witch Lord was sculpted by Fabio Rizzo.
But I personally commissioned the Witch Lord to Fabio while Marco produced the other two on his own. I just had several of them because to start the (limited) production they required a minimum number order so I contributed to reach that number by ordering a lot. Anyway they are all gone now, I just have 1 of each type for myself.
I will try to contact the the authors to ask if they can make more copies and let you know.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures