• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby drathe » October 11th, 2008, 8:46 pm

I know we have a couple threads for substitute miniatures, but I thought I would begin a thread to list miniatures that are compatible with HeroQuest. If anyone is looking to add in some new monsters or characters, they can check here for some ideas.

Fantasy board games
  • Advanced HeroQuest - Dewayne Agin wrote a compatibility review for this game, click HERE to read it.

The Skaven make a great addition to HeroQuest, especially if you're going to play the Return of the Witch Queen Quest Pack designed by Phoenix. The Heroes make good substitutes, but even better characters for the Heroes to run into. The Henchmen could be used to expand your Mercenaries, or act as guards or villains. The tiles are good for extras or expanding the board with the random dungeon floor tiles too.

Miniatures
    • 1 Dwarf
    • 1 Elf
    • 1 Warrior
    • 1 Wizard
    • 12 Henchmen
    • 20 Skaven

• Battle Masters

Some of the miniatures from Battle Masters can be used in HeroQuest. I like the Beastmen and Chaos Archers. Most of the miniatures don't really fit well as Battle Masters is a field battle game, but might work will if you are creating some scenarios on outdoor terrain. Some are a little smaller than HQ mins like the Goblins, Orc and Chaos Warriors. These smaller minis could be used for alternate types, or statues that are called for in certain quests. The sculpt quality is not as good as HQ, but pretty close. If you happen to pick up a copy to score some minis, you'll want to pick up some bases too. These were designed to fit into trays, but will also fit into slotted bases.

Miniatures
    • 10 Imperial Archers
    • 5 Imperial Crossbowmen
    • 9 Imperial Knights, mounted
    • 15 Imperial Men-at-Arms
    • 3 Lord Knights, mounted
    • 1 Mighty Cannon, with 2 Crew
    • 10 Beastmen
    • 3 Champions of Chaos, mounted
    • 10 Chaos Archers
    • 10 Chaos Warriors
    • 10 Goblins
    • 1 Ogre Champion
    • 10 Orcs
    • 6 Wolf Riders, mounted

• Dark World - Dewayne Agin wrote a compatibility review for this game, click HERE to read it.

Miniatures
    • 1 Barbarian
    • 1 Dwarf
    • 1 Knight
    • 1 Ranger
    • 1 Haunter
    • 1 Korak the Cobra Nemesis
    • 1 Manticore
    • 4 Ogres
    • 8 Orcs
    • 2 Mummies
    • 4 Skeletons

• Dark World: Village of Fear - This game also comes with a cool Village Board complete with buildings that make an excellent addition for a town scenario.

Miniatures
    • 1 Adventurer
    • 1 Elf
    • 1 Merchant Prince
    • 1 Warrior Priest
    • 1 Warlord
    • 1 Lurker
    • 1 Wolf
    • 1 Karrion
    • 2 Wererats
    • 2 Minotaurs
    • 4 Cobrans
    • 4 Hobgoblins

• Dragon Strike - Dewayne Agin wrote a compatibility review for this game, click HERE to read it.

The Dragon is perfect and the Manscorpion is pretty cool. The rest of the miniatures are compatible but not a nicely sculpted as HQ miniatures. The gargoyles aren't recommended for use as they are a bit oddly shaped and awkward to move around the board. I wouldn't use the Hero miniatures as substitutes or expanded Heroes, but they would make good travel companions in side quests, or even villains! A lot of other pieces from this game can be used for special occasions like the game boards, some of the tiles, and the cards (good for stealing ideas from).

Miniatures
    • 1 Barbarian
    • 1 Dwarf
    • 1 Elf
    • 1 Thief - Male
    • 1 Thief - Female
    • 1 Wizard
    • 4 BugBears
    • 3 Death Knights
    • 1 Dragon
    • 1 Evil Wizard
    • 1 Fire Elemental
    • 2 Gargoyles
    • 1 Giant
    • 1 Manscorpion
    • 3 Orcs
    • 1 Troll

• Talisman 3rd Edition

Miniatures from Core Game
    • 1 Barbarian
    • 1 Dwarf Warrior
    • 1 Knight Templer
    • 1 Ranger
    • 1 Swashbuckler
    • 1 Warrior
    • 1 Wizard
    • 1 Wood Elf
    • 1 Goblin Fanatic
    • 1 Minotaur
    • 1 Skaven

• Warhammer Quest

There are some miniatures in this game I would like to have such as the Giant Rats, Bats and Spiders, but this game is hard to find and overly expensive. If you happen to find a copy for a good price than the miniatures could be used in HeroQuest.

• 1 Barbarian
    • 1 Dwarf
    • 1 Elf
    • 1 Wizard
    • 12 Giant Bat models
    • 12 Giant Rat models
    • 12 Giant Spider models
    • 6 Goblin Spearmen models
    • 3 Minotaur models
    • 6 Night Goblin Archer models
    • 6 Orc Warrior models
    • 6 Orc Archer models
    • 12 Skaven models
    • 12 Snotling models

Miniatures from Catacombs of Terror Expansion
    • 1 Dread King on his throne
    • 1 Grimoire Necris
    • 1 Gunther Laranscheld
    • 1 Luthor the Hunchback
    • 3 Tomb Guardians

Miniatures from Lair of the Orc Warlord Expansion
    • 1 Bogoff the Snotling
    • 1 Gorgut the Orc Warboss
    • 1 Growler the Squig Hound
    • 1 Gubbinz the Goblin Jester
    • 3 Orc Big'Uns
    • 1 Skabnoze the Orc Shaman

• Dungeons & Dragons: The Fantasy Adventure Board Game

This game comes with a variety of miniatures similar in size to those of HeroQuest. The miniatures are however, composed of a rubbery material, rather than hard plastic. This makes them difficult to paint and causes paint to chip and break off easily. But if you don't paint your miniatures, they're a nice addition.

• 1 Human Fighter
    • 1 Human Cleric
    • 1 Halfling Rogue
    • 1 Elf Wizard
    • 6 Goblins
    • 3 Trolls
    • 2 Carrion Crawlers
    • 5 Gnolls
    • 4 Bugbears
    • 4 Ogres
    • 6 Skeletons
    • 3 Wraiths
    • 2 Wights
    • 1 Lich

Miniatures from Eternal Winter Expansion
    • 1 Barbarian Hero
    • 3 Winter Wolves
    • 3 Frost Salamanders
    • 2 Goblin Marauders
    • 1 Ice Dragon

Fantasy Miniatures
  • Heresy Miniatures
  • Reaper Miniatures
  • Citadel Miniatures
    • Warhammer Fantasy Miniatures
    • Warhammer Lord of the Rings Miniatures
  • D&D miniatures
  • Bloodmoon Miniatures (Bog Raiders are just like Fimir)

If I've missed some that you know of, made an error, or you would like to elaborate on something listed, post and I'll add them to this list.
Last edited by drathe on October 6th, 2013, 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: additions

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Massacreur » October 15th, 2008, 5:03 am

What about 3rd edition Talisman?
Massacreur
Massacreur
Massacreur

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 15th, 2008, 12:28 pm

Massacreur wrote:What about 3rd edition Talisman?
Massacreur

I've never played it, or seen it in my area so I didn't know it was compatible. Got a miniature list, or link to contents? I'll add them into the original post.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Massacreur » October 15th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Massacreur
Massacreur

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 15th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Thanks, I'll try and compile a list to add to the post. I realise I also forgot the D&D board game.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HeroQuestFrance » January 15th, 2009, 12:20 pm

I also use the MIGHTY WARRIORS (same as Adavanced HeroQuest game) minis.
I mixed HQ with D&D (hasbro 2003) + the 2 expansions.

Trap tiles,monsters & special dices.
Take a look here (in french sorry guyz) : http://donjonsdragons.monsite.orange.fr/index.jhtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » January 21st, 2009, 11:31 pm

I had a chance to pick up a Mighty Warrior set, but at the time I didn't know exactly what it was and I thought it over too long and it was snapped out from under me. :(

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HeroQuestFrance » January 24th, 2009, 6:48 am

The floor tiles are the same than advanced heroquest expansion terror in the dark damn and the corridors are the same too.However we can notice all the floor tiles are more thin than the original ones.

The combat system is nice (the spells too) but it's very basic,a cheap wargame with miniatures GW already had in stock.
The positive point is the doors : 100% new & compatible with HQ !

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 17th, 2009, 6:14 pm

I picked up Dark World: Village of Fear (added to list). It comes with a great assortment of miniatures (as listed above). Nicely detailed, but the best part is the Village. It looks really cool. There are 5 buildings, some with multiple floors to hide miniatures in. This will make a great addition, especially for an in-town scenario. If you find one at a price you feel is decent, I suggest picking it up right away.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Draven » December 6th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Massacreur wrote:Try this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
Massacreur

Hi
Managed to get hold of the plastic dwarfs and orcs that can be found on this site (i got the same ones from insurgency gaming) and found them perfect for heroquest. No glueing pieces together and reasonable prices make them an even better attraction. Its a pity the range seems to be limited though. Don't know what company makes them, or if they were intended for any specific game. It would be brilliant if they made a few other varieties of this standard.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Draven

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures