• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Game System from Japan

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Game System from Japan

Postby Monsterjaeger » April 24th, 2020, 10:32 am

So I heard they released a completely different Game System für the japanese market.
Number of quests are the same (14 in total) but there is a complete other story attached to it. Is that true?
Monsterjaeger

Goblin
Goblin

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Game System from Japan

Postby Stig » April 24th, 2020, 10:48 am

Yes, everything you need is in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1610

Haven’t played it but looks cool

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Monsterjaeger » April 24th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Thank you Stig!!
Just for clarity. This is the complete Japanese Game System, right? The thread is listed in the "Quests and Quest Packs" forum.
Well, in the end it doesn't matter as long as it's fun to play. I am just curious ;)
Monsterjaeger

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Stig » April 24th, 2020, 4:14 pm

Yes, if you have a look the links in the first post have all the artifact cards etc for the Game System

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Monsterjaeger » April 24th, 2020, 4:59 pm

That is so cool!! Now I have to think about in which order they should be played best...
Monsterjaeger

Goblin
Goblin

Postby lestodante » April 25th, 2020, 5:12 am

The Japanese questbook is a spin-off: different characters, different world, different story.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Monsterjaeger » April 25th, 2020, 7:21 am

This is good to know lestotdante. :idea:
Well, I will then sell it to my crew as "And now for something completely different: meanwhile in another hero's universe...." :mrgreen:
Monsterjaeger

Goblin
Goblin

Postby wallydubbs » April 29th, 2020, 11:58 am

I think the rules have to be a bit different in the Japanese version. It's a little too easy if you play by EU or even NA rules.
In terms of difficulty each quest is doable with 1 fully equipped hero. I only play this one when I don't have enough players. It needs more monsters if you want to make it challenging for the 4-hero group. Otherwise adjustments can be made to the storyline to become solo quests.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby DocStalk » May 4th, 2020, 9:20 am

wallydubbs wrote:I think the rules have to be a bit different in the Japanese version. It's a little too easy if you play by EU or even NA rules.
In terms of difficulty each quest is doable with 1 fully equipped hero. I only play this one when I don't have enough players. It needs more monsters if you want to make it challenging for the 4-hero group. Otherwise adjustments can be made to the storyline to become solo quests.

I haven't played it yet but from looking through it I fully agree, looks very easy, I'll probably make a revamped one, a lot more difficult to be played after the others.
DocStalk

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » August 15th, 2021, 12:23 am

Monsterjaeger wrote:Thank you Stig!!
Just for clarity. This is the complete Japanese Game System, right? The thread is listed in the "Quests and Quest Packs" forum.
Well, in the end it doesn't matter as long as it's fun to play. I am just curious ;)

Rise of the Chaos God is a well made localization. The author included in a few changes that he felt improved the Quests.

Other, more directly translated versions of the Quests, rules, etc. are available at Board index ‹ Ye Olde Inn ‹ Ye Olde Inn Rooms ‹ Ye Olde Inn Translations ‹ Resource Translation.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Game Systems