• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My Treasure Deck

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

My Treasure Deck

Postby Lemmeron » March 21st, 2020, 10:07 pm

In creating my treasure deck, I have kept the ratio of traps to treasure about the same as in the original game. With the option of adding an extra wondering monster, and a few extra traps or items to fill out the deck for expansions or to mke the game a little harder.

I replaced the generic trap cards each with a specific trap.
I replaced generic wandering monster cards with a specific monster graphic and added 1 extra than the base game.
I changed added a fireburst trap to the deck for expansions as another hazard...
All the original potion cards have been replaced with an unknown potion, allowing a player to draw from a separate potion deck. The potion deck is also drawn from directly if an alchemy table is searched. It also allows potion customisation for each quest, or potion cards to be given directly to heroes when they are found in quest notes.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My Treasure Deck

Postby Jafazo » March 22nd, 2020, 1:50 pm

I only JUST recently started looking around on this site again after a few month hiatus so you may have done this already, but if you haven't, it'd be neat to see an actual picture of these cards printed out. Maybe laid out on a table, one held. It all looks so good. Set up your modified game on a table ready to play and put out some pics. Very nice work.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » October 8th, 2020, 9:13 am

Back after having to put down my hobby for a while. I did get these all properly printed out, so I will endeavour to take a photo of them soon and post

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Oftkilted » October 8th, 2020, 9:19 am

Interesting graphics on the cards. What is the card design from? Something you did custom?
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby Lemmeron » October 12th, 2020, 5:17 am

Here is a few printed out, just took a quick photo with my phone

and here is the old artifacts and the new

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Oftkilted » October 12th, 2020, 8:56 am

And I’m ... officially jealous. They look pretty awesome! They look like a take on cards from one of the remakes?

I’m not entirely sold on the use of the different colored hero dice in your cards, but that’s mainly because I don’t have any and they’re not a standard die for HeroQuest.
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby Lemmeron » October 13th, 2020, 5:02 am

Nah, I did the newer ones about a year ago, but took me a while to post them and then to get them printed. the old ones I did a few years ago. I loved the coloured dice, and then developed my own heroes and equipment around those and then spells came later

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » October 13th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Colored Dice offer a lot of variants possibilies, they are great in my opinion.
Hey Lemmeron, do you mind to share that banner you use for the card title? I am searching for a good scan/edit of it as my scanner is currently broken and your banner seems to be a good one

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Orc26 » October 13th, 2020, 8:26 pm

Quick question.
Orcs bane gives you 2 dice ONLY (or 2+1 dice ONLY) while spirit blade gives +2 dice (or +2+1 dice).
So I think I get the orcs bane, but spirit blade gives you +2 dice on top of what? Do you play with your heroes have a built in attack die or something like that? Or do you equip the spirit blade in your off hand and a longsword in your main hand and get 5 dice (or 5+1 when bashing skelingtons)?
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Lemmeron » October 15th, 2020, 8:47 am

Yes Orc26, my Heroes have a built in attack and defend die depending on which you play.
I wanted the character you chose to have small but visible impact on the entire game for most situations.
So Barbarian for example gets 1 black attack die + 2 spirit blade white dice + an additional orange die vs undead.
This Thread shows some of my heroes with their new dice
Spirit Blade can only be main handed as per the card.
Off hand weapons are used to make a separate attack without the character's built in die, which is defended normally, this makes orc's bane one of the best offhand weapons in my equipment.
Last edited by Lemmeron on October 15th, 2020, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards