• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Great Ice Gremlin hoard of thievery

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

The Great Ice Gremlin hoard of thievery

Postby Kurgan » Saturday November 9th, 2019 9:11am

Just sharing this idea... so what hero doesn't hate the idea of losing stuff because of those danged Ice Gremlins (from BQP) right? Tough cookies, this is HQ and I am Zargon, by the way. :twisted:
But I had this idea wherein the "room" where they store everything is not just the stuff from that particular quest but EVERYTHING that has been stolen up to this point. Let's say even somehow the heroes fail to discover this room but come upon another cache in a future quest... I'd roll over everything into that one, see?

So you might find a bunch of weapons and things you were missing from a long time back, which if nothing else, you can sell later for extra gold. Thoughts?
Kurgan

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Re: The Great Ice Gremlin hoard of thievery

Postby Pancho » Saturday November 9th, 2019 10:14am

That's the way I'm planning to play it too. When I read through FH recently, it wasn't entirely clear to me if the loot room contained items from just that quest, or all previous quests. Probably the former, but I think its fairer on the players to make it the latter. It makes sense to me logically too; the gremlins on ice mountain are part of one tribe and have loot stores further into the mountain than the quest location where the equipment was initially stolen.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: The Great Ice Gremlin hoard of thievery

Postby The Admiral » Saturday November 9th, 2019 3:56pm

Have people found this to be a real problem then? Having played FH competitively as the EW, I found it exceedingly hard to steal anything and only achieved it once during the whole questpack, and the item was later retrieved.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Rules