• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Add 1d6 to your att\def

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Add 1d6 to your att\def

Postby Josh » Friday November 8th, 2019 8:46pm

Not sure if it's been discussed, but how about rolling a 1d6 in addition to your attack or deffence?

At early levels you need to roll a 1 or less to gain this extra but small advantage. Latter at expert levels you need to roll a 3 or less to gain the same effect.

Some options could be:
Minusing movement off the enemies next move, or giving you a bonus to your next movement.
Minus one att or defence on the enemies next turn, or giving you a bonus on your att\def next roll.

I would think the wizard would love this so that he can't be chased as easily after firing a spell off. Maybe it simply let's you MAM which the wizard would love & could use.

When Attacking perhaps you get to roll a single SkullDie to hit an adjacent secondary opponent.

When defending you could "loan" out a defence Die to an adjacent Hero.
Basically any number of our normal small powered ideas we had that a character could use. It has to be something very weak but useful.

Just thinking & wondering what you all thought.
Josh

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Add 1d6 to your att\def

Postby Anderas » Saturday November 9th, 2019 2:33am

I don't get it

What does it to? Trigger a special ability? For me the question is then: How to you choose the ability and how to you level up to the next die roll?

By the way (off topic) I put your posting into the gpt2 transformer and it opined that your text should be completed like this. Bold text comes from you.

When defending you could "loan" out a defence Die to an adjacent Hero.
Basically any number of our normal small powered ideas we had that a character could use. It has to be something very weak but useful.

I'd like to add more, but for now I'd like to have this idea in the game.

I need to know how the dice roll when using it to "borrow" the defence die from another Hero, is that all or is it some other mechanic?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion