• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroes' Fortress

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Who is the mystery Mage?

Poll ended at October 13th, 2019, 9:54 am

Nobody, just remove him.
33%
Guzwil
67%
Chaos Warrior
No votes

Total votes : 3

Heroes' Fortress

Postby The Admiral » October 10th, 2019, 9:54 am

Playing through this and just got to Quest 3. I noticed there is a Chaos Mage in room C, but no notes to go with him. I checked the original quest as written and it is exactly the same. In the following quest (4), the Heroes encounter a Chaos Mage described as Guzwil's apprentice. Guzwil is a Necromancer and so obviously so is his apprentice, and he is thus appropriately accompanied by some undead with undead spells. The unknown guy in quest 3 is also accompanied by the undead which are only just being encountered for the first time in this quest. I suspect the quest 3 Mage was intended to be the encounter with the apprentice and then this got changed to quest 4 but the icon was never changed or removed. The other option I think possible is that this was meant to be some early encounter with Guzwil; you know where the big boss leers at the Heroes, warns them of their impending death and then laughs as he disappears in a cloud of smoke. Or maybe it was just meant to be a Chaos Warrior icon?

Please vote and I will go with the popular choice.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroes' Fortress

Postby Anderas » October 10th, 2019, 12:33 pm

I voted for Guzwil.
Not because I know the quest, I don't know it.
But I love those little storytelling devices, so I voted for it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » October 10th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Could you link to the quest pack? I’ve never heard of it.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » October 10th, 2019, 8:25 pm

I would guess it was a mistake and the Quest was changed.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » October 11th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Pancho wrote:Could you link to the quest pack? I’ve never heard of it.

yeah.. link please...
But are you (the admiral) preparing your own quest (for your brother's team) and lost memories so you opened this poll? :?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » October 14th, 2019, 4:02 am

Don't know how to do links so I've moved the thread, "Archived Quests" to the top of the "Quests and Questpacks" page. The quest is in there. I originally went for the early apparition of Guzwil, because I too like these little extras, but I have since discovered that he has one of these 'appearances' later on in quest 8, and it is a nicely detailed encounter, so I think I will now just remove the Mage entirely when I play for real with my brother,

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » October 14th, 2019, 4:54 pm

understand now..
This is the link to direct download: http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com/dow ... rtress.zip

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs