• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Card stock thickness?

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Card stock thickness?

Postby kamuix56 » September 15th, 2010, 12:33 pm

I'm looking to print out my own cards ... I was curious as to what kind of card stock should be used so that the cards I make are close to the thinkness of the standard cards... Thx :)
kamuix56

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Card stock thickness?

Postby joec » September 15th, 2010, 5:17 pm

I'm not sure, so I'm sort of no help... But if you want consistency in your cards, you could re-print all the cards so they'd all be on similar cardstock.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 16th, 2010, 12:37 am

I have no idea what kind of stock is used. When I got my sets printed, I just took an original card down to the print shop and asked for something similar.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » September 16th, 2010, 5:40 pm

drathe wrote:I have no idea what kind of stock is used. When I got my sets printed, I just took an original card down to the print shop and asked for something similar.

I did that too, the guy in the print shop was useless.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby kamuix56 » September 18th, 2010, 10:12 pm

well I got myself some 8 1/2 by 11'' 110lb card stock and it seems like its not the right thickness... on top of that... having a hard time printing double sided ... the images on the front of the card don't quite match up with the back... think I'll look at getting a different thickness of card.
kamuix56

Postby Big Bene » November 21st, 2010, 12:40 pm

I would recommend 160g/m^2.
It's not the same thickness as the original cards (of my german gameset), but it has a undenieable benefit:
while beeing fairly stiff and feeling "cardboardlike", it still fits in almost all printers. Heavier paper will not work with most inkjets.
I use it for papercraft, and found it well suited for that.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby SirDionysDobermann » November 21st, 2010, 1:03 pm

I use Austria-Papier (I do not know if this is available anywhere but in Austria) for the text side. It has even a slight glossy effect, and is good for almost all printers. For the colour side (mostly back of cards) I am now experimenting with DIN A4 sticker sheets to glue onto the Austria-paper cardboard. Up to ten cards fit easily on DIN A4 sheets. I have not completed a set, though, so I cannot tell yet how this will work out, but the text side did go well so far (did it with other backs, not on sticker sheets, before)
SirDionysDobermann

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Cards