• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Tyrant's Tomb - a solo quest pack

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: The Tyrant's Tomb - a solo quest pack

Postby Pancho » March 24th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Oh, and unarmed combat is only one CD in attack, and two in defence. It’s the same for the Dwarf in Quest 4.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » March 24th, 2020, 2:51 pm

@Pancho, please read the two posts about spells on page 11 and the following one (after Wally's post, I posted a third one), seems they were skipped: post on page 11

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » March 24th, 2020, 5:01 pm

lestodante wrote:
lestodante wrote:Also for the Deep Sleep spell if you wish to change it, I can suggest this version by (if I'm not wrong) Anderas or Stoner:
"Any one monster you choose that has 3 Mind Points or less instantly falls asleep. They may not defend whilst asleep but will wake up if attacked* in any way. The sleep lasts for 1D6 turns if not attacked (ends at the end of the casters turn)."

*I would change "if attacked" with "if wounded" so the monster can't defend the first time he's attacked.

I was thinking about the following variation too, it is very close to the original but fixes it: "This spell may be cast on any monster within your line of sight, as long as the monster has from 1 to 3 Mind Points. The monster falls asleep immediately and stays asleep until the end of your next turn. The monster cannot defend against a Hero's attack while it is asleep.".
What do you think?

I like the second version more, mostly because I don’t like the idea of keeping track of how many turns the spell will last.

So with the second version, the spell will be cast, the monster will then miss its turn, the Elf will then get another turn in which to attack the defenceless monster, and the Elf may then even get a chance to run away out of range, all before the monster can respond. I like it ;) .

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » March 25th, 2020, 12:48 am

So I have several questions on Quest 5 Tower of the Cabiri Lords:
1.) Some of the Cabiri can get additional spells, like the Wall of Ice, Flame and Stone. Suppose the Earth Cabiri doesn't make it to Room K and the Wizard does, is he allowed to take these spells to possibly use as a 1 off spell in a later quest?

2.) Room L has a staff in the chest, is this a staff of North American standards of European? NA staff is only a combat dice.

3.) If the Cabiri lord of Water runs to Room E and subsequently to the adjacent room with the Teleport Trap, could he possibly use that as a method of escape?

4.) Do we have any notion of what the Cabiri are armed with? This is just in case the Elf chooses Nature spells again, would Twist Wood possibly have an aversion to them?

5.) Can the Cabiri cast spells on themselves? If Fire Cabiri is low on health and Water Cabiri casts Water of Healing on him, might this have an inverse effect on him? If so, then couldn't the Wizard technically attack the Fire Cabiri with Water spells? This is probably just wishful thinking on my part, lol.

6.) Odds are the heroes are going to have to chase the Cabiri out of the central room. Suppose the heroes search for Treasure in the middle room prior to eliminating the Cabiri, will they still identify the carpet?

7.) Will Fire Spells work on the Fire Cabiri, or Air spells on the Air Cabiri?

8.) Would protective walls like Ice and Stone get a defense against the Wizard Casting Ball of Flame or should they just cancel eachother out?

9.)Could/Should I be including treasure cards from Wizards of Morcar or Mage of the Mirror in the Treasure deck, like Firebust Traps, Potion of Magic Resistance or Air Walk?

10.) Are all the hurricane and Fireburst traps negated if the Air/Fire Cabiri dies?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » March 25th, 2020, 6:44 am

1. No, these spells are just for the Cabiri only.

2. The staff is intended as an EU one, for 2 CD. If you want to have it as an NA staff, I suppose it won't get used except maybe for a diagonal attack. Or you could just say that even though you are playing NA, for this pack only the staff hits with 2 dice.

3. Absolutely, yes.

4. They only have one attack die, so they are probably using a dagger or something similar. I wouldn't let twist-wood affect a monster that only had one attack die to begin with. But then again if you're palying NA then staffs also have 1 attack die, so they could be armed with staffs. In which case I'll dodge the question and let you decide :) .

5.The Cabiri can cast spells on each other with no adverse affects. I see them as acting in concert as a complimentary group.

6. In this case the Hero will find the magic carpet, but he won't be able to use it until the Cabiri are destroyed. It won't obey a new master until it's old masters are defeated.

7. The wizard can attack the fire cabiri with fire spells, and the air cabiri with air spells. They are not immune from their own spell deck, like Balur is in the Fire Mage quest.

8. Walls like Ice and Stone should defend in the manner described on their spell cards, regardless of the type of attack.

9. I wouldn't include those extra treasure cards, but it's your call if you want to. It could be interesting if you do, just let me know if you decide to with your report.

10. Yes, only the specific Cabiri can trigger these traps, so if they are dead these traps won't come into play. I'll add a note to make this clear.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » March 25th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Here is a rough update about the cards...
They are still work in progress, at the moment only Skullcleaver is using the finished artwork, the others are still sketches (while the Harpoon is a bad photo taken by whatsapp).
I had to modify a bit the text with the Harpoon to let it fit the card space.

Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by lestodante on May 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » March 26th, 2020, 4:08 am

Those are real beauties.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » March 26th, 2020, 7:04 am

Is Faustus able to spot traps?

Also, his power only works for 1 room or corridor, yes? The Wizard can't send him out to map out every corridor before proceeding?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » March 26th, 2020, 1:13 pm

wallydubbs wrote:Is Faustus able to spot traps?

Also, his power only works for 1 room or corridor, yes? The Wizard can't send him out to map out every corridor before proceeding?

Not traps or secret doors. Just monsters, furniture and normal doors. And it’s just the next room or corridor. Faustus will fly back to his master as soon as he’s seen the next room.

It’s basically very similar to the Clairvoyance spell, except it has to be the next room that the Wizard wants to explore, rather than any room on the board, and it will also work on corridors.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » March 26th, 2020, 8:13 pm

1) I'd like Faustus can be used more often than just 1 time per quest. Maybe you can use it in exchange of an action/movement for the Wizard. Or it will really result in being just a Clairvoyance spell (but less effective).
I was thinking about the wizard having some king of food for the bat, a limited pieces. Each time he wish to use Faustus a second time in the same quest he must give Faustus a ration of food.
These instructions will be written in a separate card. So while searching for treasures a Hero may pick up this card from the deck: "BAT FOOD - (berries or tadpoles) useful to convince the bat familiar to work for you 5 times more. Each time you wish to use Faustus an extra time in the same quest you have to spur it by giving one of this. You only have 5 of this" (description need obviously a revision).
You can always use the familiar once per quest when you'll finish its food. What do you think?

2) Any suggestion for the new Curative Spell for the Elf (from Nature Group) and how to graphically represent it?
I was thinking about:
- a glowing hand
- a medicinal herb
- faeries

3) Also... I have a question for the Woe Sword.
Here are 4 ideas based on 2 Luis' sketches. At first I proposed the 1st one, with the sword found inside a storeroom as described in the quest. But it could be confused and the sword may result very tiny (especially the wing details on the blade).
The other 3 options are the sword held by the Elf or the sword raised to the sky. I also did a try by adding a black background on the 4th one.
Also another option is just the sword laying on a wood table (similar to the Scroll cards).
So what do you think will work better for this card? Or do you have another idea for this or for a nice (but simple) background?

woesword.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild