• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Solo quest][Wizard] The Magic Trial

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Solo quest][Wizard] The Magic Trial

Postby The Admiral » September 11th, 2019, 6:58 am

I totally get what people are saying. I am not for one moment suggesting that this excellent solo quest is changed in any way I have mentioned for its publication.

I am only suggesting that if you were so inclined, and were prepared to lose the solo Wizard fun for a different experience, and if you maybe wanted a new look to the start of the Heroes careers, then you could, off your own back, as a completely independent house project, use this quest as a good basis along the lines I have suggested.

I just saw the Wizard gradually meeting the other 3 characters and came up with my idea. I don't think Drew should put any of this into his great quest.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Drew » September 11th, 2019, 12:55 pm

The Admiral wrote:I totally get what people are saying. I am not for one moment suggesting that this excellent solo quest is changed in any way I have mentioned for its publication.
I am only suggesting that if you were so inclined, and were prepared to lose the solo Wizard fun for a different experience, and if you maybe wanted a new look to the start of the Heroes careers, then you could, off your own back, as a completely independent house project, use this quest as a good basis along the lines I have suggested.
I just saw the Wizard gradually meeting the other 3 characters and came up with my idea. I don't think Drew should put any of this into his great quest.

Oh I get it. Yeah you could I guess but there are like hundreds of group quests available whereas only a few solo ones. Seems like a waste to me to turn a solo quest into a group one.
As most of you know its hard to get the whole group together very often. So I started a project of solo campaigns, as a side-project. Like my group comes normally but I have the option for my players to come 1 by 1 when they have time to do solo quests. To do that I started gathering any solo quest I could find online and to my surprise I couldnt find that much so the 4 solo campaigns consist of 8 to 9 quests each (each campaign has totally different quests). My point is there aren't that many solo quests so I think its a waste to use it as a group one.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby The Admiral » September 11th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Drew wrote: My point is there aren't that many solo quests.

Yep, you are certainly right. I am always on the lookout for solo quests for our Hero groups.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ClemGrt » October 18th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Now that it has been quite a long time the quests have been released I have a poll for you. Do you rather play:
A - Drew's version of the quest
B - Mine
?
Reviving Heroquest project
https://revivingheroquest.blogspot.com/

Blog about aeronautic simulation
Multisim Project

Android apps :
Dices for Perudo
Multi Dice Roller

Ambient music
Memorial

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/memorial76/

Computer config:
ASUS GAMING NOTEBOOK
CPU Intel I7-6700HQ/BGA, RAM: 2*4Go DDR
Carte Graphique: NVidia GEFORCE GTX 960M
ClemGrt

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: Français
Hero:

Postby lestodante » October 19th, 2019, 5:54 am

I didn't play any of them but would prefer Drew's version just for the matter that I don't want to give the players the extra Spells from Wizards of Morcar so soon.
Also, considering it is intended for young players, better to learn not so much things in one time. Considering this one to be played by my nepheps, I'd prefer them to learn the use of spells and test in a real quest, then after they will own enough knowledge I will introduce the new spell sets.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs