• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lego Ideas HeroQuest

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Lego Ideas HeroQuest

Postby Bolzgramm » Wednesday July 31st, 2019 10:16am

That idea should definitely be supported!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d0c19cd ... bbf29968d7

If the project reaches 10000 supporters within 580 days, then Lego will - hopefully - launch an official Lego HeroQuest.
Bolzgramm

Forum Language: Deutsch
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Re: Lego Ideas HeroQuest

Postby cornixt » Wednesday July 31st, 2019 2:09pm

3x3 squares don't really give enough space for the models, but 4x4 makes the board huge.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday July 31st, 2019 4:02pm

1x1 squares are the way to go. Have it the old way! :-)
or 2x2, and use regular LEGO models.

Love it. Supported it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » Wednesday July 31st, 2019 7:36pm

Supported... Needs to be done.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » Thursday August 1st, 2019 5:05am

I'd say 3x3, with each tile surrounded by a 1 pin wide circumference. The extra pins would also allow for wall placement. Furthermore, I'd say that each tile would need to have just one central pin, the rest of the tile smooth and flat. That way, you can easily add figures, furniture etc ... to the board, without dislodging tiles.

The only downside I see is that pit traps will actually raise figures, instead of sinking them. The only way to solve that would be to heighten the board and allow tiles to be pulled out of the board to reveal a pit trap underneath.

The amount of Lego bricks needed for such a Lego board setup is insane, though. At 19 tiles high and 26 tiles wide, the game board features almost 500 tiles. You'd need to multiply the number of bricks per tile with that amount to get a ballpark idea of the amount you need to build it. Everything combined I think you're looking at a 5000+ brick set, which is likely to cost between 500 and 1000 euro's, easily.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby arch8ngel » Thursday August 1st, 2019 9:58am

The most plausible implementation would be at LEGO Heroica scale. (which uses single-pip 2x2 tile sizes and micro-figures rather than mini-figures)

They already have a good variety of micro figure fantasy characters and monsters, as well, making that scale of design much more practical.
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Postby torilen » Thursday August 1st, 2019 10:00am

It would be amazing to see, though I really only see them producing the board and
figures and furniture and such. It would not be a remake, and so we (anyone) would
still have to have to original questpacks and all that such stuff. I don't see LEGO
going out of their way to produce any cards, character sheets, questpacks, etc.

Not really a problem - just saying, that's what we would see, I think.

And as has been stated, it would be grossly expensive. Much more so than anyone would
want to believe, and most likely much more than any real fan would want to pay. Just look
at the cost of sets already available...$200+.

And, honestly, though I know a lot of people here before have stated that copyright and
trademark and such do not seem to be much an issue now...at least for fan material and
those selling things on ebay and such. However, we all know that Hero Quest is a TM
owned by another company (I think they just came out with a new edition the last year
or two, in fact), and with a company as big and noticeably as LEGO, I'd bet Hasbro would
get involved with any issues for past copyright and TM, if they still apply.

I plan on trying to support it and talk it up, either way. It would be great to see.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby JCool » Tuesday August 13th, 2019 4:17pm

I supported this the other day. I really like the overall look/feel of this creation, I'm also a big Lego fan so it made sense to support! While it's unlikely to get past the review stage it's still good to see. I've been working on/off on some BrickQuest modules which is a Lego "D&D lite ". With all the new tiles/shields/detailed parts/figs/etc that are available now from Lego you can really create whatever world you want as a game setting.
JCool

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby lestodante » Thursday August 15th, 2019 8:10am

I'd like if they would really realize this project, Leco is a colossus in toys and it could a hint for Hasbro to put its attention back to HeroQuest and maybe will republish it. Who knows... I like to dream!

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Friday August 23rd, 2019 5:30am

Laughing out loud at Yoda and Dobby as goblins :lol:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion